gallery archive 15

Started by spexy, December 29, 2014, 10:31:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Davies

Thanks Julia
     I haven't done much lamp work lately as it's been too cold to have the doors and window open, must get an extractor.

Yesterday we heard a good friend of ours had been given some very bad news so I made theses earrings for her in colours she likes in the faint hope of bringing a bit of cheer.

They're the first earrings I've ever made. The two pairs on the right each have a bit of sand from our local beach, Aberporth, in them.  The one blue bead is a bit longer than the other, there're not perfect but they're made with love.

DSCF9694 by Andy Davies, on Flickr

Andy Davies

Pat from Canvey

I made an attempt at a horse bead after buying a tutorial. The eye should have been a little higher and the head shorter but on the whole, I'm happy.

Tonyb

www.beadables.co.uk

Aruala

Am really loving the dichro Karen, really must get some ordered! And the horse is way beyond anything I could dream of doing Pat, any time I try sculptural it just goes blobby. Will keep practising and I'm sure the glass will eventually behave itself...

I had another go at the feather bead tutorial on Saturday, first with Helios and second with Boreas - the Boreas worked like a dream, but I need another try with Helios as I seem to have entirely lost all the goldstone stringer without a trace! Interesting ethereal effect though

Feather bead tutorial practice by Laura Pilon, on Flickr

Andy Davies

Lovely work everyone.

As Julia asked for more beads to be posted I'll tuck theses in on the end of this gallery, they're not a patch
on everyone else's work but I was reasonably happy with the results so far and will keep on practicing.

I was trying to make some thin tubular 'Heart' beads to make earrings with. I wanted the hearts to be raised,
  not quite a horse's head Pat but I'll be OK when I can make two the same and without over cooking the ivory!!

They're 22mm Long. 

DSCF9733 by Andy Davies, on Flickr

Sophie's sister asked me if I'd make her three silver beads for a necklace. I've made a bunch of them and I
  particularly like this one below, I used some very coarsely filed silver to get some nice big silver splashes. 

DSCF9722 by Andy Davies, on Flickr

I've made 12 encased beads for her to play with and hopefully she can use some of them in something.

DSCF9728 by Andy Davies, on Flickr
Andy Davies

Andy Davies

Sand bead bracelet
This is my first attempt at a wire wrap bracelet. To make the beads I first made a small bead with the base colour and then hot rolled this onto sand taken from our local beach and then added a top layer of either coloured or crystal clear glass.

Sand bead bracelet by Andy Davies, on Flickr

On a sad note, only two weeks ago, on the day that I made them, I posted an image of these earrings (below.)  I made them for a lovely friend of ours, Pauline, who has been battling with breast cancer for 5 years.

When she received them in the post she phoned me to say how wonderful they were, she was over the moon. Sadly Pauline has lost the battle, her husband has since told me that she was like a little kid with them and she was wearing a different pair each day. We knew that time was running out but it seems that this tiny gift ready did give a lot of pleasure in the short time left. Pauline's husband has told me that one pair will remain with her forever and that he will give the others to the girls how looked after Pauline.

DSCF9694 by Andy Davies, on Flickr

We will of course give a donation for Breast Cancer Research but if someone is collecting for breast cancer research then I'd like to make and donate some article of jewellery for you to be sold for the cause. I imagine that there are a lot of folk out there raising money so I guess this offer will have to go to the first person that asks for the contribution.

Kind Regards  . . . Andy

Andy Davies

Andy Davies

Thanks for the kind words.

I said that I wanted to make something that I could give to someone who is collecting for breast cancer research so I've made this blue and white bracelet. The length is 9 inches but as the beads are quite chunky I think it would fit most. The medium lapis blue and white beads are around 16 millimetre diameter.  The wire and fitting are silver plate as that's all I had.

If you would like this bracelet to raffle off I'd be very happy to post it off to you FOC, just let me know where to send it.

DSCF9822 by Andy Davies, on Flickr

Sophie has just pointed out to me that the loop and 'T' bar could be removed and it could be used as part of a necklace.

DSCF9803 by Andy Davies, on Flickr

Anyway, I hope someone collecting for breast cancer research takes up the offer.

I know I started this gallery on a sad note but as LampyLou asked last time, 'Please post more.' Pictures of your work here are a real inspiration for others, (and I wouldn't want it to be just pictures of my poor efforts.)

Kind Regards  . . . Andy 

Andy Davies

Fluffstar

I've been practising making blown vessels - these two came out much better than all the rest!  My first time posting to the gallery... hope it's good enough! =)

Kathy x
Kathy

ajda

Just sneaking in at the end of the week... Sun's shining, sea's good for swimming, all's well with the world and dragons are laying again...
I'm particularly pleased with this one - Silver Strike 5, Solara, plus a big chunk of Gilson Opal:
Alan
www.ajdalampwork.etsy.com

ajda

Moira - you and I were talking about boro frit - so here's an illustration: the second egg is made with the same colours as the first (plus a bit of one called Mai Tai Pink), but the main difference is that it's been rolled repeatedly in clear frit, while the other was simply encased using a rod of clear. You can see the marbling effect caused by each lump of frit melting in and the base colours melting up around it. In this case I used ungraded frit, all different sizes from powder to chunks, but you can get different effects with different grades.
Alan
www.ajdalampwork.etsy.com

mel

So, here is a project that has been on the go for..........quite some time.......until I found the right findings, so hey presto

latticino2 by Mel, on Flickr

blue green cane by Mel, on Flickr

I just love making canes, so now I'm happy that I can do something with them. Massive photos, sorry, just glad my daughter didn't have mucky ears!
Laughinglass Lampwork Beads

Rascal

Wow, those are really pretty and very different.

Sorry for this hog, I made some bits before I went on holiday but didn't have time to post photo's so here are some necklaces and earrings I made for me and someone at work.

Rainbow necklace by Karen Webster, on Flickr
Earrings - Silver by Mizgeorge and beads by me by Karen Webster, on Flickr
Seagreen dangle pendant, silver by Mizgeorge and glass by me by Karen Webster, on Flickr
LeatherGlassPendantJPG by Karen Webster, on Flickr

The gorgeous silver findings are from MizGeorge.

Pat from Canvey

I've been practicing with fine stringer since J C Herrell's class at Martin's. There are others on my Facebook page if you are interested.    https://www.facebook.com/patricia.piggott.7

Fluffstar

Wow, such neat stringer work Pat!  Love everything in the gallery this week =)

Sorry for the awful photo... a week's worth of PPP and my vessels are a bit better, still struggling with consistent sizing though =/  Been trying to do 'ombre' or gradients, I think the ones in the opaque reds and transparant teal-turquoise have worked best =)  I've given up on handles and am going to wire wrap them until my skills are better!
Kathy

GaysieMay

Lovely beads Joy x

Here are some of my latest beads, I've been experimenting with enamels and building up layers of depth..

Gaysiemay by GaysieMay, on Flickr

Sorry for the hog!

www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay