finished jewellery 2012

Started by Trudi, March 23, 2010, 12:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poledra1958

Found some 15mm turquoise beads that were left over from another projects.  So though I would try a shamballa style necklace.

HH on Bulk,

Barnacle Bay

Hi Folks,

I celebrated another wedding anniversary yesterday (19/6/12) and after buying a new dress I decided to make some beads to go with it and turned them into a necklace  :)

After arriving at the restaurant,  a lady approached me and said, "ooh I have the same dress (luckily she wasn't wearing it), but my word I do love your necklace".  I replied its a 'one off', but I jokingly said "you can have it if the price is right as I had made the beads especially for the occassion".  She offered me £XX.XX - and I accepted, though I said she would have to wait until I left the restaurant - thinking she was one of those timewasters as I saw no cash at that point.

We Left, and oh my word she was there and gave me the money, but she then asked me about me about teaching her - oh Cr*p, I thought I've only being doing this for a short while I couldn't possibly teach her - so I have have taken her phone number but I am quite EEEEked out about someone wanting me to show them how to do it.   Anyway here is a picture:

Thats all for now,

Louise

Purple Cobwebs

I decided to make some jewellery!
First one is from my lampies, with lots of Swaroski added

This one is a bit different for me...

And these are quick and easy's for upcoming fete...

Gaynor
Making beads, cards and jewellery to raise funds for Viva and Dr Hadwens Trust!
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk

Lush!

I've been making loads n loads of jewellery lately but I had a nice diversion yesterday when I rediscovered a tutorial I'd bookmarked ages ago.

Its a really simple way to do a sliding knot, using an extra "working cord", and I found its even easier if you use a contrasting colour for the working cord.

My daughter went off this morning wearing the first one I made so I can't show you that, but this one uses a scrap of a Lush Loop and some Hoops too  ;D ;D

Sliding Knot bracelet by LushLampwork, on Flickr

Oh, here's the link to the tutorial

http://artbeadscene.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/free-tutorial-sliding-knot-adjustable.html

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Josephine

I've been trying to come up with some more economical jewellery designs, less silver and expensive clasps, I'm sure you know the problem. I've come up with these elasticated bracelets for a start. Lampwork nuggets made from some Bullseye transparents ( I think I'm in love with this glass) and some Greek patinated spacers.

bracelets by Josephine Wadman, on Flickr

I've done some other colours and I am going to do some multicolour ones too.

Shirl

This is made from Lynn's kit (Nemeton) and I feel quite proud of it. It took ages but it was fun

I wasnt sure where to post this so you might see it in the seedbead section as well :)

nemeton

Hello again all, it's been ages since I showed anything on here, I have been beading though, honest I have  ;D

I made some earrings with some beautiful beads from Turnedlight with seed beaded leaves and a couple of vintage crystal drops that were lurking in my stash

and a bracelet with a set of Tan's 'stormbreakers' with swaros, tiny garnets and labradorite

and had a vague commission for 'green bracelets and earrings' and when I pointed my customer in the direction of Etsy she picked three sets, of which I've made up the first two  ;D ;D

These are by Sally (Soul Silver) - they are velvety and fabulous and yes, they are THAT vibrant, I had to get DS to help me fix my camera settings so the poor thing could cope with all that concentrated colour!

And these are from LampworkbeadsbyJo, wish I could remember what the green mineral is though because it's an exact match to the colour, pattern and slight milky-translucent feel of the shards...

This isn't lampwork, this is me clearing out the odds and ends from the bottoms of my black and white bead boxes and having a play with some lovely fat black lava hearts I impulse bought at a bead fair. Those are Dilunah earwires btw  :)

And this is me having fun with one of Tan's lentils and turning it into a Tanemone. It looks as though it's puckering up in the middle for a kiss...  :-*

Lynn

Keep up with me on Facebook or my blog

dangerousbead

I acquired this lovely blue bottle from Freecycle. A lovely lady who had previously Freecycled us a bed and a rug. A friendship has since been established and we have been stargazing together, looking at the moon with a bunch of geeks in a local park and generally just get along nicely. She advertised the blue bottle and I replied without even noticing it was her advert. The bottle was from her wedding anniversary but she felt it was too good to throw away and too big to keep even though it had some meaning for her, so I said I'd make it into a lovely set of beads for her. It's a tough old glass and took forever, anyway here's the result. I hope she likes it.
Apologies for the maaaaassive photos  :-[

Choicy shards

Poor light photo.

The finished article on my scraggy ole neck, I tried to smooth it in photoshop, badly, to avoid upsetting everyone, me most of all  ;D

LilLizaJane

Quite unusual for me - muted shades. Used some of my own beads and a few pearls I had left from another project.

DSCF1011 by LilLizaJanes Jewellery Store, on Flickr

What d'ya think?
maintaining eccentricity in the midst of madness
www.LilLizaJane.etsy.com.  (aka Beth)

mizgeorge

Letter 'r' this time, with a ruby cab for a July birthday :)

letter r pendant by mizgeorge, on Flickr

I love doing these!

princess pink

Haven't had time to torch in so long but finally made some beads up in to jewellery

Blue meadows

Crisp morning

Confetti

My Wretched Heart

Pat from Canvey

The latest edition of Making Jewellery, Issue 43 has a tutorial on page 10 that I thought I might attempt. The heart is an oddment of stained glass and is hand formed. I usually like shorter and fatter hearts but I thought what the heck and gave it a go.

I already had the Kumihimo made up and the colour was the best match I could find. The weaving is not as neat as I would like but we've all got to start somewhere. I've made some small adaptations to this project by Sue Mason-Burns. Hopefully, if I give it another go, the weaving will be neater.

Dee Dee

mizgeorge

I've been busy taking pictures in between watching sports and nursing a couple of broken toes!

A couple of new versions of the dominica bracelet for people who don't want just silver:

dominica tricolour bhb bracelet by mizgeorge, on Flickr

dominica gold filled bhb bracelet by mizgeorge, on Flickr

Then some sterling pieces back from assay (I need to get round to taking a lot more pictures...)

kish sterling silver bracelet by mizgeorge, on Flickr

gorda sterling silver bracelet by mizgeorge, on Flickr

And finally a bit of an aberration. I never work in aluminium, which always feels too lightweight and flimsy, and I avoid square wire like poison, but this one is both! I made one for a commission, and while I was at it, I made another one for fun! It is very light, but the colours are quite pretty :)

koster JPL in square aluminium by mizgeorge, on Flickr

Passionatelamper

Just fancied doing something different today as it is pouring with rain and just fancied playing with seed beads.
Took ages... but quite pleased Call it Cleo....guess why?  :D

Cleo by vonnie.t, on Flickr

etsy-header-dec12 by vonnie.t, on Flickr