finished jewellery 2012

Started by Trudi, March 23, 2010, 12:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trudi

Well I bought my bracelt from George a little while ago, and I've been collecting and making beads since - I finally now got the "look" as I want it and feel comfortable with ........

All the lampies are mine (apart from the blue and ivory - which I got in the swap last year - thanks Ingrid!).

So I've shown you mine ........... lets see yours!

dinah46

What a beautiful bracelet.  I need to get more silver for mine as it's just creaking with lampies atm ::)
This is mine

Hels4444

Here is mine, I got the clasp from the wonderful George

julieHB

Chain has been soldered and oxidised and is humming away in the tumbler  :)
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Trudi

Quote from: julieHB on March 24, 2010, 11:58:53 AM
Chain has been soldered and oxidised and is humming away in the tumbler  :)

Get you - so talented in lots of crafts!! It must be so satifying to be able to put so much of it together yourself!
Can't wait to see the finished result!

Hules

I so love all these BHB they are beautiful. I love the fact that you've either made them yourself or swapped them with others and that you can change the beadies depending on what you are wearing. 

I've tried loads and loads to make a decent one and failed miserably - they either come out massive (encasing gone wrong) or totally uneven or wonky.  I'd put it down to the big mandrel, but have now bought some of Manda's new skinny handled mandrels and although a bit better, they're still pants so it must just be me  :'( PPP eh? I think I need to watch someone do it (fingers crossed for a flame off demo?).  I will also have a go making a disk too - thanks for that one. 

They are beautiful though!

Julia x

Trudi

Have you tried the 4mm ones - they're easier than 5mm ones (and although not ideal for coring - a good place to start!)

Trudi

When I say not ideal for coring - they can be cored, but it would make them tight to fit on many bracelets!

julieHB

Here's the bracelet chain I soldered up, with two different "flavours" of beads - please note not all of these beads are made by myself, there are several swap beads in there, and I think one or two of manda's as well  :) I do apologise for the poor photo quality, it was a quick job! but you get the picture, it's nice to be able to change the beads according to the outfit  :)

Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

helenfc

Hules

Hi Trudi,
I haven't tried 4mm ones, but then I guess I do want them to go on a standard chain so I dunno.  I think I just need to keep at it. Thanks though!

Julia x

Trudi

Delicious Julie - I was just admiring on Flickr!

♥♥Tan♥♥

Fab bracelets girls, and all homegrown by us, isn't it fab

Donna@Rockin' Beads

These bracelets are lovely  :)
I don't wear mine any more as I just shoved all my BHB's on in a kind of colour order and it looks a bit of a mess. I must drag it out and arrange it properly. Thanks for the shove ladies  ;D

SueP

Quote from: Trudi on March 23, 2010, 12:16:32 PM
Well I bought my bracelt from George a little while ago, and I've been collecting and making beads since - I finally now got the "look" as I want it and feel comfortable with ........

All the lampies are mine (apart from the blue and ivory - which I got in the swap last year - thanks Ingrid!).

So I've shown you mine ........... lets see yours!

Loved this so much I have had to go and buy one of George's bracelets  :) ;D ;D