Dragonfly Lynne - A Tribute

Started by Isabelle, January 09, 2012, 02:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

Lynne will be sorely missed by so many of us on here; it's such sad news.

She was such a genuinely supportive and caring person and always willing to give advice - I'll be thinking of her family.

Sarah
xxx

bluefairy

Isn't it amazing and wonderful that she meant so much to so many of us? Quite a rare and beautiful gift, our Lynne had. We're so lucky to have had her as part of our Fritty family x
Helen xx

My Etsy     My Facebook     My Folksy

BeadyBugs

Such sad sad news.  :'(  I too met her at Nantwich bead fair a few years ago zipping round on her scooter, and she was indeed a very lovely lady.  We chatted and laughed, and as others have said it felt like we'd known each other for ages although only having met online previously.  She will be truly missed by our beady family.

Lots of love from HP xxx

Helen P

Ilona

I was lucky to meet Lynn a number of times, and she was such a lovely lady. She will be sadly missed.

Pat from Canvey

My enduring memory of Lynne will always be of her haring up to me on her scooter and calling my name at Di East's meet up last summer. I wear the two bracelets each day that she inspired me to make. She helped so many and was loved by everyone.

Ness

Such sad news, I met Lynne at Julie's a few years ago and at several Bead Fairs and the FO since. 
She was a wonderful lady.

Rockpooljewels

I didn't know Lynne, but looking at the wonderful tributes on here she touched many peoples hearts, very sad news, may she rest in peace, and many condolences to her family and friends. xxxx
Glass..Glass..Glorious Glass...nothing quite like it for draining your cash!!!!!

http://www.rockpooljewels.etsy.com
http://rockpooljewels.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockpooljewels/

flaming beads

Quote from: Lush! on January 09, 2012, 04:59:17 PM
This is such sad news, Lynne will be very much missed at bead fairs and meetings all over the country.

I hope nobody objects to me posting this photo of a happy day a couple of  years ago, Lynne is the lady at the front of the pic.

Fond memories by LushLampwork, on Flickr

I remember that day well!!... :) such lovely, lovely words for such a wonderful lady. I recieved the very sad text yesterday just as we were coming out of another funeral :(
You'll be missed soooo very much Lynne.
You'll be in my thoughts often....and you too Ian....xxx

Amber

So sad  :'( I never met Lynne, but she sounds like an amazing person. May she rest in peace.

flowerjasper

lovely long chats and a giggle at Di east`s open day,
thank you Lynne, I will miss you xx

Lizzie

Oh so sad, my condolences to Lynne's family. x

Lizzie x

Carol

I only knew Lynne through Frit Happens, but she was obviously a lovely lady who will be very much missed by everyone. Condolences to her family and all who knew her XX
Carol

Ant

I didn't know Lynne either, but how lovely to be remembered by so many, so fondly.  She must have been very special and I'd like to add my condolences to her family and friends too.

helenfc

She was such a fantastic, kind person. Lynne will be missed so much, my heart goes out to her family xx

dangerousbead

Someone once said "We don't find our friends, we recognise them."

That's exactly what happened the first time I met Lynne, at Kaz's first open day. I thought I knew her already and asked if she'd been at my school, she said that she felt the same.
I can only describe it as love at first sight.

I feel wretched that she has gone and happy that she was in my life, albeit briefly.
I was honoured to be invited to her 60th birthday party in the hospital, there were cards everywhere, a cupcake cascade, flowers, gifts and her lovely family all around her. There was a constant stream of guests and staff popping their heads round the door to wish her Happy Birthday.
She'd just had chemo yet she was on top form.
I went to visit again the next week when she was not quite so good, and she apologised for being a "little tired"!
I never heard her complain about her difficulties, not once. She set an example I think few people could match and sustain but I will try my best to be a 'more like Lynne person' in the future.

I'm late to this thread, I've been looking for & it how I missed I've no idea, but I know that Lynne chose Isabelle to break the news. You were very special to her. She said so.

Jane