Dragonfly Lynne - A Tribute

Started by Isabelle, January 09, 2012, 02:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moreton

I never met her but appreciated the help and encouragement she so freely gave to us all.
Only the good die young.
Pete
Pete

Kaz

I first met Lynne about 4 years ago when I had just kitted out my studio and she came to my first ever open day. Since then she has been a great supporter of my work and has always given me lots of positive encouragement to be the best beadmaker I can be. I am only sorry that she was not well enough to come to me and have a lesson as she had planned late last year. She was an inspiration to all of us - not allowing her illness to prevent her from having amazing holidays in Las Vegas, running a successful business and being one of the best networkers I have ever met. I am glad to have known her and also pleased that she felt able to open up to me about her health problems last year. I hope I was able to bring her some calm when she was very worried about her op and the pace of recovery. I am devastated at how quickly this terrible illness has taken her from us and will remember her always as a great friend, a lovely, generous and talented person and someone who liked to have a laugh (most especially at the crap that life threw at her). My deepest sympathies are with Ian and also with Lynne's mum who she talked about to me often - both our mums live in Timperley and somehow it helped to bond our friendship.
Sweet dreams and peace lovely lady.
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

SilverGems89

Quote from: Special Kay on January 09, 2012, 07:59:44 PM
We need a LIKE button, that was lovely to read Kaz

I agree, had me tearing up again  :'(

Jessamine

Such sad news. Lynne was one of those wonderful people who could make you smile & feel better with just a word or two, and despite having her own problems she was always there for everyone else. She was such a kind, warm and thoughtful lady and even though I didn't know her that well I confess hearing this did make me cry, because it feels so sad to know the world has lost such a beautiful soul. I feel sad I'll never get the chance to meet her in person, and my thoughts go out to her husband,family & friends for their great loss  :'(

Nia

When we describe people as "special", "lovely","warm", "kind" etc. sometimes we don't always consider the true meaning behind such words. But in Lynne's case, she really was all of these things. Generous to a fault with her time and knowledge, thinking of others at times when she herself was very unwell or in pain, happy to listen to people's troubles and problems, and always at the end of the phone or email if we needed her. At the same time she had great spirit, great honesty, and a wicked sense of humour, though never at the expense of others. She wouldn't say a bad word about anyone. I met her first years ago, at a bead fair in Nantwich. We had such fun, despite the infamous attacks from her scooter! Over the years we shared many ups and downs, she helped me during some dark days, and whenever her number popped up on my phone, my heart lifted because I knew I would always feel so much happier after a chat. The last time we spoke was a few days before she started treatment. She called at some ungodly hour from the hospital, full of beans and bursting with positivity. "I'm going to beat this dam thing, I might go bald, but I'm going to beat it!" Sadly it was not to be, and all our lives will be poorer for not having Lynne in them. Talking earlier today about why Lynne was so loved by all that knew her, we think it comes down to the fact that she was a genuine. She was comfortable with who she was. She never wanted to be anybody else. And that's why we loved her.
Nia xx
www.gemwaithnia.co.uk
www.flickr.com/photos/gemwaithnia/

Pixiedebs

Sadly I never met Lynne but I had the pleasure of speaking to her when using her lovely business.  Always a fabulous supplier who would go out of her way to help and encouraged me when I tried something new.

Sad times that the world would lose someone who was so caring about others and obviously touched so many lives.

RIP Lynne.

Debs xxx

Isabelle

How true, Nia!
Lynne had the amazing gift of making friends wherever she went, and I am proud to be one of them. I'm a better person for having known her and I will never forget her.

SilverGems89

Les

SallyR

I was never lucky enough to meet Lynne in person, although we 'spoke' via email when I was first starting chain maille - she was so generous with her advice and encouragement.  My thoughts are with her family tonight and with all of you who who have lost a friend.

Sally
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want ...

CindiDee

So very sad to hear this. I too never had the pleasure of meeting Lynne in person but spoke to her on the phone a couple of times and she was always warm, friendly and incredibly helpful. Reading all the posts on here makes it obvious what a tremendous loss this is and my heart goes out to all her family and those of you who were close to her x

Calico Cat

I will always have happy memories of being "chased" by Lynn's scooter at FO - a lovely, lovely lady - will miss her contributions to FH.

My thoughts are with her family.

Carole

Watch this space for new Etsy shop . . .

princess pink

Very fond memories of meeting Lynne. May she rest in peace.

Zeldazog

Some beautiful words here, clearly Lynne was very well loved.

We met her at one of Julie Lush's meets - it was one of the first meet ups I had ever been to and there were quite a few of us there, so I don't think I spent long chatting to Lynne - but I *do* recall that since that day, she always asked after Ashley and had such kind words to say.

My thoughts are with her family and her friends.

mariag

Rest in peace Lynne. You will be sadly missed by so many people whose lives you touched XXX