Frit-Happens !
December 11, 2019, 02:57:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
your ad here
News:
Where are you?? Add yourself to the NEW FHF map here  | On flickr? Join our Frit Happens group: here

VISIT THE WIKI HERE
Get FH Status updates via twitter @FritHappens

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragonfly Lynne - A Tribute  (Read 16991 times)
Isabelle
Global Moderator

« on: January 09, 2012, 09:04:42 AM »

I am sad to say that Lynne passed away peacefully, surrounded by her family, earlier today.
She touched the lives of so many people - on this forum and beyond - and she will be remembered with affection by all who knew her.
I know many of us have happy memories of Lynne,  - please celebrate her life and share them here.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 11:11:59 AM by Isabelle » Logged

chipperpottery
Life passes by when melting glass.
Forum Member

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 09:10:43 AM »

Cry Cry Cry  It was a pleasure to have known Lynne, thought and love to her nearest and dearest.

Emerald
Forum Member

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 09:15:58 AM »

So glad to have known her my thoughts are with her family you could always rely on Lynne for a lovely comment on work shown on Flickr or here  Smiley

Thanks Isabelle x

ScarletLeonard
or Scarlett, or Scarlette
Forum Member

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 09:19:13 AM »

I never had the pleasure of meeting Lynne, I really wish I had. She was always a pleasure floating in and out of threads with words of encouragement and bravery.

Margram
Temperature's rising
Forum Member

Glass in pocket

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 09:26:35 AM »

Bless her and her family - she was a beautiful person and it showed in her positive posts on here xxx

Shirley
Forum Member

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 09:30:21 AM »

My memory of Lynne will always be of her at Harrogate, whizzing around on her scooter.

She was a lovely lady who had time for everyone.

Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 
nemea
It's glass Jim but not as we know it!
Forum Member

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 09:34:04 AM »

My memory of Lynne will always be of her at Harrogate, whizzing around on her scooter.

That's how I remember Lynne and let's not forget the pink hair too!

I'll miss her dearly.
sparrow
I hold with those who favor fire.
Senior Forum Member

I'm working on a dream...

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 09:50:10 AM »

Lynne was an amazing lady, full of positive thought and kindness towards others - my favourite memory is from autumn before last - 2010. Our family went to Tobermory shortly before Lynne and Ian went. When I told Lynne that Toby (aka the munchkin) was convinced the town was named after him (Tobymory), she promptly sent him a postcard from her own trip a couple of weeks later, and Balamory DVDs that were going spare at a work colleague's. The postcard is still up in his room, and Toby still knows that it's from Lynne, although he was not yet three at the time. We will treasure it, just as we will treasure our memories of meeting and talking to her.

Blue Box Studio
Blue sky thinking & a load of hot air
Forum Member

Just give me the coffee and no one gets hurt!

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 10:05:56 AM »

This is such sad news.  I didn't meet Lynne other than through the forums but felt her warmth through here.  My thoughts are with her husband, family and friends.

Les
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 10:37:54 AM »

R.I.P lovely lady Cry
xxx

disandland
Forum Member

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 10:41:54 AM »

I have too many memories to even begin posting them on here.  Suffice it to say, when I was struggling with health issues a year or so ago she got in touch with me to see if she could help.  We instantly 'understood' one another and frequently put the world to rights.  A more positive, warm, funny lady would be hard to find.

love Di x
June
Forum Member

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 10:45:25 AM »

I am so sorry to be reading this and wish to pass my condolences to Ian and her family.  I had met Lynne on a few occasions and she was a very kind and warm person.  She will be sadly missed xx

Dragonfire Glass
Forum Member

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 11:01:52 AM »

me too - friendly, warm lovely person.

jammie
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are
Forum Member

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 11:13:28 AM »

I am really sad and shocked that she has passed, she was such a lovely lady, I 'spoke' online with her often and she was  so kind and caring. When I first  got ill a few years ago she really helped me deal with things because her own attitude was so positive. Very strange life and death is, my stepfather died a few weeks ago and although i cared about him I shed no tears, for Lynne I have shed many. If she touched my life so deeply and I never met her what a loss for her family and friends and my heart goes out to them. I am glad I knew her even though I never actually met her. Lynne was a really special soul!  Sad

julieHB
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 11:29:26 AM »

I was so pleased to finally meet Lynne in person during last FO - she has been a wonderful member of FHF since before I joined, though, and as some of you have mentioned, I have also been touched by her lovely and positive comments to everyone's work. She will be missed!

My thoughts go to Ian and the rest of her family and friends! x x

Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: