Dragonfly Lynne - A Tribute

Started by Isabelle, January 09, 2012, 02:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awrylemming

I met Lynne at FO last year - she had a great sense of humour and was very generous with her knowledge, taught me over a cup of tea how to make headpins  :)  I'm terribly sad to hear that she's gone, and especially sad for her family, but ever grateful that I had the opportunity to share a little time with her.

GaysieMay

QuoteQuote from: Shirley on Today at 02:30:21 PM
My memory of Lynne will always be of her at Harrogate, whizzing around on her scooter.

She was a lovely lady who had time for everyone.

That's how I remember Lynne and let's not forget the pink hair too!

I'll miss her dearly.

I also had the pleasure to meet Lynn at Harrogate, she will be sadly missed.
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

mad bunny

I didn't have the pleasure of meeting Lynne in person.  But I know she will be greatly missed by all who knew her both in person and through the various online channels we've used to meet her along the way. 

My sympathy goes out to her family and friends.  RIP Lynne, you were such a lovely lady with a place in everyone's heart  :'(
Practice and Patience really does pay off!  Beads actually looking good  Yippee  :o

fionaess

I remember that day well  Julie - RIP Lynne and my sympathies to her family

Quote from: Lush! on January 09, 2012, 04:59:17 PM
This is such sad news, Lynne will be very much missed at bead fairs and meetings all over the country.

I hope nobody objects to me posting this photo of a happy day a couple of  years ago, Lynne is the lady at the front of the pic.

Fond memories by LushLampwork, on Flickr

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

Diane

A very talented lady with an eagerness to help and always generous with her praise and encouragement is how I will remember Lynne, in addition to the conversations and doughnuts we've shared and not forgetting the wonderful hugs you always got when she met you :)  Lynne had such a positive attitude and will be sadly missed by all whose lives she touched.
My condolences to her family and in particular to Ian her devoted husband.

Diane x

sarah t

i met lynne at one of julie's get togethers ,such a positive person with a great smile and sence of humour,i will miss her being around

love to her family at this sad time

catriona

Sulis (Hazel)

I only met Lynne a couple of times, but I shall miss her. She was such a warm-hearted lady and her posts here were always so nice. Such lovely things have been said about her here, I just wish I'd had a chance to get to know her better.

RIP Lynne xxx

Hazel x

elburnzo

RIP Lynne. I never had the pleasure of meeting her but she was up there on my list of ppl to speak to at flame off! My condolences to her family xxx

saffie

simply gutted. I never met Lynne but like many of you have been touched by her presence. My thoughts are with her family
RIP Lynne  :'(

Princess Peggy (Priscilla McGirr)

I met her at Di's open day too, and she made a big impression on me...I liked her sense of humour.
Pris
My Website http://www.dancingwithglass.co.uk  My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/princesspeggy01
My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DancingwithglassLampwork

Fabienne

First met Lynne at Kaz, she was a very lovely lady. My condolences to her family.
Fabienne
x

WEENIE

I arranged a class with Lynne last May as a 40th birthday treat for my sister. Her and Ian went out of their way to make the day really special for us even though they were worried about the surgery she was due to have a couple of days later. She could so easily have cancelled our class but that is the person she was, selfless and giving and an absolute sweetheart.

I consider myself lucky to have known her.

Alison G

Everyone who met Lynne, either in person or as a customer or online friend, knew what a special lady she was. Lynne had similar mobility problems as me and she was always helpful and supportive. If I was ever unsure about access or something like that, Lynne would often email me and tell me how best to visit somewhere. I'm sure she is greatly missed by all who knew her. RIP xxx
NB. Do not touch hot rods of glass, it is stupid.

garishglobes

I met Lynne at Kaz's too, and have spoken to her several times by phone since. She was always full of humour, support, intelligence and interesting stories. She'll be very much missed.