Dragonfly Lynne - A Tribute

Started by Isabelle, January 09, 2012, 02:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirl

I never had the pleasure of meeting Lynne, we had made plans to have a cuppa and a chat, but time passed and we never did get to meet up. I do regret this as she was such a lovely and caring person.

She was a lovely lady and will be sorely missed.

Rest in Peace Lynne

Isabelle

Quote from: dangerousbead on January 11, 2012, 12:29:24 PM
Someone once said "We don't find our friends, we recognise them."

That's exactly what happened the first time I met Lynne, at Kaz's first open day. I thought I knew her already and asked if she'd been at my school, she said that she felt the same.
I can only describe it as love at first sight.

I feel wretched that she has gone and happy that she was in my life, albeit briefly.
I was honoured to be invited to her 60th birthday party in the hospital, there were cards everywhere, a cupcake cascade, flowers, gifts and her lovely family all around her. There was a constant stream of guests and staff popping their heads round the door to wish her Happy Birthday.
She'd just had chemo yet she was on top form.
I went to visit again the next week when she was not quite so good, and she apologised for being a "little tired"!
I never heard her complain about her difficulties, not once. She set an example I think few people could match and sustain but I will try my best to be a 'more like Lynne person' in the future.

I'm late to this thread, I've been looking for & it how I missed I've no idea, but I know that Lynne chose Isabelle to break the news. You were very special to her. She said so.

Jane

.................and now you've made me cry again! Lynne was one of those 'once in a lifetime' friends, and we've all been honoured to know her.

liquidglass

It's very sad, my condolences to Lynne's family.

Corinne Lacy

Oh my goodness I didn't know quite how ill she was. I met Lynne at FO, she was the first person to speak to me, somehow she knew I was by myself and went out of her way to chat to me......

Such a lovely, lovely lady. Hope you are resting on a fluffy cloud cushion up there because I do believe you are a very special angel.

Love Corinne xxx

emvee

My condolences to the family and all who knew her x

Glassy Lou

I didn't have the pleasure of knowing Lynne, but she sounds like a wonderful lady and I have been so moved by the outpouring of love for her here on FH. My thoughts are with all that knew and loved her.

JKC

I am so sorry to hear that, Janet

LittleHen

Very sorry to hear the sad news about Lynne.  I never met her but bought some "hugs and kisses" from her website and other wire things, she was very helpful and will I'm sure be missed online here. Best Wishes to Ian and her other family.
Jessie x

lorrainelee

I'm another one who never had the good fortune to meet Lynne in person, only to talk to her on FH.  My condolences to her family, she really will be sadly missed.

Lorraine

sangemarie

I also never met Lynne, but like others received positive comments from her on my very much still newbie beads.

Best wishes to her family and friends.

Sandra.

Winny

I spoke to Lynne after getting my 38th Birthday present and making it up, several orders later and I got my torch, we had chats about using silver over cheap metals and many other things, she was generous with her knowledge and comments and the world will be a worst place for not having her in it, I wish I had met her in reality too
Condolences to her family and loved ones

clasicat

I have just sat and read all the lovely posts on here about this truly wonderful lady and it shows she really touched alot of peoples hearts .
I was honoured to meet Lynne on several occasions . I attended a few of her maille courses and was chased round several bead fairs by her  :D. She never had a bad word to say about anyone, she was always so helpful, positive and a true genuine person. The world will be a sadder place without her.
My thoughts go out to her family and to Ian
Rest in Peace maille angel xxxxx
Claire x

cbeadies

I did not know Lynne in person but it is very moving to read all the tributes on here. My thoughts and sympathies also to her family and those who have lost a special friend. Sad news, but she has obviously touched the lives of many others and left many lovely memories.

MangoBeads

Lynne you were such a gentle, kind person .. we will all miss you. Deepest sympathies to Ian and the family.

Passionatelamper

I have just seen this I never met Lynne but she sent me some lovely messages when I was buying some of her things. This is so sad... I send my wishes to Ian and all her family...I am shocked...totally! My heart goes out to her family.

etsy-header-dec12 by vonnie.t, on Flickr