The "Give me some ideas what the hell to do with this glass!" thread....

Started by helbels, June 16, 2011, 07:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helbels

Hello

I mentioned on chat last night that I bet we all have some glass in our stash that just completely uninspires us.  I'm not talking here about glass that's tricky to work - I'm talking about colours that perhaps we ordered in error, or we just don't like, or which just don't light our fire.

I wondered if it would be nice to have a thread where we could all seek tips on what to do with these colours that are gathering dust, unloved, in stashes up and down the land - because I BET YOU that there will be someone else out there who just loves your neglected colour, and can give you some tips what to combine it with to produce nice beads....

So, I will kick this off.

I just got an order from Tuffnells and I seem to have ordered Effetre 591438 Purple Red, thinking that it was going to be Red Purple!   So, any nice tips on colours I can can try combining it with?

Also, I need tips on what to put Uranium Yellow with please!

Feel free to join in folks......

Lush!

Ooh, I'm sure Kay loves purple red, there was a red we kept seeing on Murano and she loved it and I think she tracked it down to being this ... so hopefully she'll be along with ideas!!

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Veebee

i love putting silver foil on purple red, did these ages ago:

The bottom of the focal is Echo encased:

The red looks black in these photos, but it was a really deep blue!
Web: http://www.veebeads.net
The UK home of Val Cox frit!!
Fritt Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1647822@N25/

sarah t

i am always trying ghee with varrious differnt things to find something that makes me go ooohhhh ...but so far nothing !!

so if anybody has found something to do with it let me know

hollergrafik

turnedlight

I have a lot of vetro odds which are various shades of brown.. totally uninspired by brown..
kathryn

Trudi

Quote from: sarah t on June 16, 2011, 08:01:53 PM
i am always trying ghee with varrious differnt things to find something that makes me go ooohhhh ...but so far nothing !!

I'm with you on that one!

helbels

Hi Kathryn

Try some of your browns with Aurae on the surface reduced to give a gold sheen.  Mink looks lovely with Aurae.

Also, might be worth trying turquoise with anything brown - it's normally a nice colour combination.

awrylemming

Quote from: sarah t on June 16, 2011, 08:01:53 PM

I gave mine away - I felt much better about Ghee when I didn't have any  ;D
Purple red - incredible under Clio, and most other silver glasses come to think of it.

suzanneC

I have some caramel I don't know what possesed me to order
it, I really don't like the colour.

rocky

Purple red and silver? Yummy that's worth a try.

What about powder pink? I just don't like it. Eugh!
Deanne x

ScarletLeonard

Anyone got anything for Creamsicle?

it's about the best yellow I have found, but still haven't found it any friends.

Neutral odds look nice with nearly anything, I would pull them into stringer and use them to add pretty lines to just about anything (breaks up dark colours and makes the lighter ones a little more obvious.

MadelineBunyan

love creamsicle! but only the old batch, the new one is bluergh.

the old one is creamy, like pastel yellow was for a while, and now thats gone paler, in a nice way, but tisnt the same.

I like it with turquoise (reaction lines like ivory)

I also like it with purple and red, use it as accent dots.

k00m

What on earth do I do with Dark Rossato? ??? I have tons of it and it just doesn't inspire me. It's just a bit too blah.
- Kerra -