The "Give me some ideas what the hell to do with this glass!" thread....

Started by helbels, June 16, 2011, 07:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k00m

Quote from: sparrow on June 17, 2011, 06:07:59 AM
Quote from: k00m on June 16, 2011, 09:16:54 PM
What on earth do I do with Dark Rossato? ??? I have tons of it and it just doesn't inspire me. It's just a bit too blah.

Etch it, it's beautiful!

Rossata Lace by Sabine Little, on Flickr

Quote from: Special Kay on June 17, 2011, 12:15:40 AM
The darker beads in this set is rossato over 422 orange
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kays-beads/5489281294/

Oooh, thank you both! I will have to get some etching fluid.  ;D
- Kerra -

Veebee

Quote from: Kaz on June 17, 2011, 07:48:23 AM
Core of dark matter, sprinkling of dark multicolour frit and encase in crystal clear.

Kazx

Like this?

Second photo is a bit bright, but the colours are the same as the first.
Web: http://www.veebeads.net
The UK home of Val Cox frit!!
Fritt Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1647822@N25/

turnedlight

Quote from: helbels on June 16, 2011, 08:25:57 PM
Hi Kathryn

Try some of your browns with Aurae on the surface reduced to give a gold sheen.  Mink looks lovely with Aurae.

Also, might be worth trying turquoise with anything brown - it's normally a nice colour combination.
Ok, thanks  ;D
kathryn

Lotti

Quote from: cbeadies on June 16, 2011, 10:38:12 PM
I struggle a bit with yellows too, what does anyone do with daffodil yellow?? It's so bright!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I like this with pale blue, I did a necklace for my godmother recently, very simple, pale blue base and daff yellow dots and the yellow reacted with the blue giving a dark outline, I really liked it (and she did too).  :)

Lotti

helbels

Thank you for the Uranium Yellow inspiration Kaz - much appreciated.  It is the transparent that I have, so I will have a play this weekend. ;D

Blue Box Studio

Quote from: sparrow on June 17, 2011, 06:07:59 AM
Quote from: k00m on June 16, 2011, 09:16:54 PM
What on earth do I do with Dark Rossato? ??? I have tons of it and it just doesn't inspire me. It's just a bit too blah.

Etch it, it's beautiful!

Rossata Lace by Sabine Little, on Flickr

What glass makes the black webby appearance?  [It's probably one I haven't got in the jumbo stash!]
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Kalorlo

Hades and intense black both do webby with slightly different looks. Um, at a guess, that one's the intense black?

Lotti

I lurve intense black, although I think I do overdo it a bit, you only need a little to get a great effect.

Blue Box Studio

Ah, haven't either of those, only have Effetre black and Tuxedo :(  Better not go shopping for glass this month  ::)
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Kaz

She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

jammie

Black Heart Beads

Ghee was mentioned, I love this glass. I just use it simply with sis and fossil and by striking I like to get yellow and brown on the same bead. I just took the photo and it's very overcast so it does not show very well but all the beads are Ghee. It really does look much better IRL

helbels

That Ghee looks almost like semi-precious stones the way you have worked it.

helbels

By the way, can I have some tips on what to work Cobalt Blue Transparent with please - other than white?!  I have a massive pile of it gathering dust, because it's just so blue it kind of stumps me what else it might like to be with... Lime green maybe?