The "Give me some ideas what the hell to do with this glass!" thread....

Started by helbels, June 16, 2011, 07:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shirl

I have just bought yellow ochre and havent a clue how to use it!

helbels

I have a feeling that Yellow Ochre might look nice with Mink.. but not tried it.   I have a bit of a liking for Mink!

~tHePyRoPiXiE~

Quote from: Shirl on June 17, 2011, 12:23:11 PM

Looks really nice and organicy, when mixed with red roof tile, bit of ivory, bit of coral, and an incey bit of intense black.

Martian Moons by Chrystal Rose Designs, on Flickr
~ Chrystal ~
www.chrystalrosedesigncrafts.com

turnedlight

Quote from: helbels on June 17, 2011, 12:19:25 PM
By the way, can I have some tips on what to work Cobalt Blue Transparent with please - other than white?!  I have a massive pile of it gathering dust, because it's just so blue it kind of stumps me what else it might like to be with... Lime green maybe?

I use trans cobalt in place of black as a base, the photo's not great but it has a nice 'glow'

cobalt rainbows by turnedlight, on Flickr
kathryn

Shirl

Quote from: ~cHrYsTaL~ on June 17, 2011, 12:37:58 PM
Quote from: Shirl on June 17, 2011, 12:23:11 PM

Looks really nice and organicy, when mixed with red roof tile, bit of ivory, bit of coral, and an incey bit of intense black.

Martian Moons by Chrystal Rose Designs, on Flickr

Oh they look nice, I just ordered some red roof tile as well, my delivery came today ;D

Krysia@No98

Quote from: Black Heart Beads on June 17, 2011, 12:16:17 PM
Ghee was mentioned, I love this glass. I just use it simply with sis and fossil and by striking I like to get yellow and brown on the same bead. I just took the photo and it's very overcast so it does not show very well but all the beads are Ghee. It really does look much better IRL

ooo  that looks like something of the set of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.  You know the stones he was looking for...

(I was thinking of them when they didn't glow...  Darn really in the mood to watch that now and I don't have any of them.   ::))
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Rachel B

ok this is ochre yellow with brown and sis, copper blue

and here`s what I did with a yellow of some sort!  I`ve used ink blue and lime green with it.

noora

I had a play with yellow ochre + hades yesterday. It looked very smudged in the flame in the end, but once it got out of the kiln it looked much better and had plenty of nice webbing. It took a lot of heating to get the webbing, and the hades spreads out so use a very thin stringer.

Quote from: Kaz on June 17, 2011, 07:40:28 AM
Uranium yellow transparent with white and tangerine sparkle. Used by Trish Latimer for a tutorial in Beads and Beyond.

June 2009 178 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns

Last time I ordered more pale emerald (transparent) from Tuffnell's I got something that looked more like this than like the batch of pale emerald that I had before. I reckoned it can vary since it's a "special" colour so I didn't complain about it, but now I'm starting to wonder if there was some mix up and I got uranium yellow instead ??? Whichever it is, I haven't been inspired by it yet. These look nice though, so I might try some similar colour scheme with my "uranium emerald"...  :D

cbeadies

This is a very interesting thread, great to see these colour combinations.

I like those ghee beads too. That sent me wandering over to the CIM website for a while, looked at some of the beads different artists have made using CIM colours, lots of interesting ideas and amazing work on there. Downloaded their colour chart to put on my 'studio' wall for a bit of inspiration!
I don't know if there is anything similar for effetre colours?

Veebee

Web: http://www.veebeads.net
The UK home of Val Cox frit!!
Fritt Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1647822@N25/

Cecilia

I love cobalt blue just with a silver wire sparkley wrap or with triton reduced for extra bling

X

Fruddy

Quote from: sparrow on June 17, 2011, 06:07:59 AM
Quote from: k00m on June 16, 2011, 09:16:54 PM
What on earth do I do with Dark Rossato? ??? I have tons of it and it just doesn't inspire me. It's just a bit too blah.

Etch it, it's beautiful!

Rossata Lace by Sabine Little, on Flickr

Cor!  It aint half Sabine!!!

Gonna dig mine out and give it a go now Ive seen those - gorgeous!

GlassOcean

By the way, can I have some tips on what to work Cobalt Blue Transparent with please - other than white?!  I have a massive pile of it gathering dust, because it's just so blue it kind of stumps me what else it might like to be with... Lime green maybe?

Try putting aurae on it and encase, gorgeous!

Cecilia

Quote from: GlassOcean on June 18, 2011, 09:19:40 PM

Try putting aurae on it and encase, gorgeous!
I shall have to give that a go next. This thread is great for ideas.

How about vetro oddlots - moss agate which looks black and sweet lime which just looks grey - I don't know what possessed me there - glass frenzy...

awrylemming

Sweet lime - you strike it until you get some lovely pinky reds and moss agate over white is rather pretty, especially etched.