The "Give me some ideas what the hell to do with this glass!" thread....

Started by helbels, June 16, 2011, 07:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Box Studio

Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Sarah

Quote from: helbels on June 17, 2011, 12:19:25 PM
By the way, can I have some tips on what to work Cobalt Blue Transparent with please - other than white?! 

Hi Helen

Definitely try it with silver - this is an ancient bead but my OH still wears it and loves it. Its cobalt blue, silver leaf and clear

Have you got Passing the Flame? These are a variation on the barley beads in the back of that (and ancient again - I need to use cobalt blue more often)

And a more recent bead layered with trans teal and clear

Sarah
xxx

noora

Quote from: Sarah on June 20, 2011, 10:38:26 PM
Hi Helen

Definitely try it with silver - this is an ancient bead but my OH still wears it and loves it. Its cobalt blue, silver leaf and clear

Wow, that is stunning! :o  And there just happened to be a 1/4 kilo of cobalt blue in my last order from Martin... now I must try this :)

Sarah

jammie

Quote from: fionaess on June 20, 2011, 05:48:45 PM

My ears are burning  ;D ;)
I find it is definitely a 'less is more' glas, which is good, coz its pretty much impossible to get hold of  :)

Constantinople 1 by helenfchalmers, on Flickr

These are both with it over Opal Yellow, and it works lovely over other light effetre opaques like Tongue Pink too, hope that helps xx
[/quote]

Those are so pretty Helen
[/quote]

I just love these! :)

k00m

Okay, what can I do with tongue pink? ??? I can only make so many pigs and add tongues to so many critters! ::)
- Kerra -

Lush!

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

k00m

- Kerra -

GlassBeadArt

Quote from: Karen on June 19, 2011, 09:33:54 PM
also how do you use copper or brass leaf it just goes black any ideas?
Copper foil is beautiful either on a crystal clear base bead, then apply the copper, do not burn off to much and encase heavily in clear. Then heat the hell out of it. The copper will bubble inside and you will have a bead full of small bubbles. Depending on the brand of clear, it might have a green shimmer.
Other possibility: make a base bead in a neutral colour, put on the copper, burn in and then roll in white enamel. Heat well until the enamel boils, this makes green reactions and looks like verdigris.