Re: photos of your workspace

Started by Les, January 12, 2007, 11:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lush!

Now that looks proper "lived in" Shirley  ;D

I was just about to add this pic to my Flickr album - this was first thing this morning, after a rather late session last night!

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Shirley

Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Rachel

I had a new window put in recently (with a nice view of my sadly neglected garden) - just got to give the room a coat of paint to get rid of the grotty yellow.  I've been trying to get into the habit of tidying up every couple of days - not sure how long that will last though  ;)   

Donna@Rockin' Beads

Quote from: Rachel on August 13, 2008, 07:31:21 PM
I had a new window put in recently (with a nice view of my sadly neglected garden) - just got to give the room a coat of paint to get rid of the grotty yellow.  I've been trying to get into the habit of tidying up every couple of days - not sure how long that will last though  ;)  

I've only just painted mine 'grotty yellow'  ;)

Shirley

Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Pat from Canvey

Here's my desk

and my corner of the dining room

Given my size, I have to move very carefully to get to my chair.   :-[  :-[

sublimekate

I've been working from the kitchen (at night when kids not about) for months, I ended up taking over about 60% of the available worktop with glassy bits so my hubby made it his mission to get me in the shed, and I LOVE it, even got a baby gate on the door to keep the kids out  ;D.

Mirror is so I can see who's creeping up behind me  :o

DUFFY

Dee Dee

This is how I've set up my little corner of the laundry room!!  The clothes have been moved out!  Ventilation wasn't brilliant with the back door open, and I was getting headaches everytime I torched, but the huge fan (need to buy a smaller one!!!) on the worktop seems to have solved that!

And look in the corner - MY NEW KILN - joy of joys!!!! - arrived safely in Australia from the USA yesterday, and seems to be working OK.

I made myself a wee glass rack, but need to make a larger one....already got more colours than holes!  Just as well OH is away and can't witness my spending!!!

Lush!

Its freeeeeezing cold outside, I just nipped the dog round the block and posted a couple of beady packages.  I stepped into my (torch) porch and just had to share the cosiness with you - its a pretty rubbish photo cos I didn't use the flash, I wanted you to see it how it really looks right now!

The fan heater is blasting so its toasty too - now I just have to get straight out there and make beadies!   ;D ;D

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Les

;D

I have pictures !!!

Some of you might remember that I had a teeny corner of my old kitchen .... then an even smaller corner in my bedroom, for my lampworking... but now I got this .... yes it's a right mess, I know :-\ LOL

Sorry to hog ... it might look awful now, part of the tiled floor is missing and wonky... the whole room needs replastering and there are huge holes in the plaster, etc...... but I am so excited at the possibilities.........

Here's my new lampie corner .... In the new year I shall put an 'L' shaped worktop across the back wall and down the right hand side, under the window....

My paltry glass stash, LOL

My new best friend, who lives across the other side of the kitchen untill I fit the worktops

Still quite tidy for me, LOL... can't you tell I've not been too busy :P

And finally .... my view through my new, lovely bigger house ;D

Phew !

Not very inspiring at the moment... but beauty is in the eye of the beholder ... yadda yadda... yadda :D

Chameleon

ooo i need fairy lights  :o :o  ;D

I have been taking photos to show some folk over at my SIL tomorrow so thought i would share, glass first -

and jewellery

my glass storage is all under my bench in an Ikea drawer unit, the stuff out on the top is a mix of most often used stuff and special glass

beadmonkey

At last I've taken some pics of my work-shop

View from the window :-

Glass stash :-

Hothead setup :-

Roy :)

pixiewillow

Well here is my new shiney (well almost) workshop.
Set up with 2 torches ready to teach  ;D ;D

www.pixiewillow.etsy.com
www.pixiewillowdesigns.com
A mans idea of multi tasking is breathing & blinking at the same time.

dinah46

I am soooooooo jealous of some of these lovely studios/sheds/work spaces :(

Now I know jealousy is not a good thing so....
...I'm going to make a new years resolution (for the first time in ages because I usually fail on them ::)) and I'm going to clear up my garage :o :o :o and make my space more useable. 
So, I think I need to post the before picture so that you can all appreciate the after (it may be a fair old wait though ::))

This is the beady bit and yes, the worktop is a bit of left over kitchen cabinet propped up and clamped on 2 old wall cupboards ::)

This is Kiln corner complete with trip hazard :-\

and this is the mandrel smoothing sander and my lovely drill press on a workbench which would be lovely if I could actually see a spare inch on it  :o

Can't believe I've just shown the world my appalling messiness - I WILL improve it, watch this space ;D

bluefairy

Finally got round to taking some piccies.............. I'm not the tidiest person ever  :D

Helen xx

My Etsy     My Facebook     My Folksy