Re: photos of your workspace

Started by Les, January 12, 2007, 11:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeadyBugs

Loving all these photos. ;D

Well here's my new toy, set up last night on his new table, still got to sort the pipes out.  Yes I know it's scarily tidy, I only had a bit of a play last night. ;D  But oh my goodness, it's fab!  So quiet (apart from the oxycon), and so hot!  It's unbelievable Q - thanks ever so much - very happy beader. ;D

HP x  
Helen P

Vicki

Miriam

I live in an old farm house with a thaw roof. So I made my workspace in the fireplace.
groetjes Miriam

Blog | Website | Colorcharts | Glasss

Funky Cow

Had a tidy up and thought I'd take a picture of what it should look like if I keep it tidy !!  :P ;D

Looking at the pic though, I'm wondering whether my extractor should be lower - what do you think? When I put it on and do the smoke test, it all gets sucked up the hood (and then gets taken out through a tube) I was worried that it would affect the flame if I had it too low? I work in a double garage with both doors open, so there's lots of fresh air!!! I wear lots of layers in the winter  :D

Cathryn xxx     

My Etsy: http://funkycow.etsy.com

Dreams of Glass

This is my workspace, my coal hole, you can just see the coal shute in the corner. Took a while to set up but I have spent more time in the cellar in the last month than I have in the whole 12 years we have lived in this house. ;D

modify= just worked out how to make the picture smaller, looks like you beat me to it...didn't know you could modify someone elses picture  :-\
Ingrid                         
xx

Amber

Here's my incredibly basic workshop - my cousin's shed, which I share with the lawnmower, garden tools and several large spiders!

turnedlight

Well, I think I must have the worst workspace! I have to set it up on my workmate every time, and all my glass and frit is in tubs on the floor, the kiln lives there on the side. I think I'll show hubby all your pics- maybe one day..  :D
kathryn

Vicki

my hubby has been in the shed all weekend sorting out my ventilation problem all ready for the winter...I'll be able to close the doors at last ;) ;D
this is what it look like before

& now, we removed the window as it was to bright in there anyway, if you ever bulid your own shed make sure you screw it together, it would have been a nightmare doing this if he had nailed it!)

it looks nice & tidy, I can't wait to mess it up again ;)

kaatje

Finally I can show off my beautiful new bead-room in the attic:
I have been dreaming for about 3 years to come this far, and now I'm very pleased and very happy with it.
Now that I have two torch-places, no one can stop me anymore from inviting bead-friends to come over and torch together!

Love, Karin

Ilona

Hi all,

People laugh at us when we have his and her sheds, but mine was a gift and not planed.
I wanted to go out into the shed, but hubby said no, it would be to cold, so we have turned the spare bedroom into my studio.

I do't have the ventilation yet, but it is planed.

Katiequiggle

My husband and inlaws built me a 12 x 8 shed when we could no longer use the dining room cause of my addictions to paper and beads, I also teach a bit of scrapbooking and UTEE and can fit 4 of us in here at a time, its a bit of a tardis.  Now I'm going to have a go at actual beadmaking I'll set it up on my desk or might even nag dh for an extension, can you get a conservatory for a shed?

Kaz

My "studio"
My contribution to Q's retirement fund (storage is Ikea's Antonius unit - not sure if they still sell them?)
My contribution to Martin's retirement fund (storage is Habitat wine rack - much sturdier than its cardboard predecessor!)
n.b. since these these photos were taken, I have "acquired" 2 more bead presses, a lot more tubs of frit and some snazzy brass tools from Sandy and Sam.....loverly!
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Dragonfire Glass

Do you ever get one of those moments when the glass you really need next is just out of reach?
I do, all the time, so I bought a couple of lazy susans from Ikea (and a couple of circular rubber mats) and put all my jars of glass and stringer on them). Cost was £4.99 for each turntable, not sure about the mats - 99p?
What a difference!

sparrow

Here's where I work LOL. It's not the cosiest of places - I took the pictures during the week, when the bead release froze and cracked in the time it took me to light the torch, and I ended up with snow on my mandrels - the bin makes for a nice view too  ;D I contemplated sawing a hole in the garage door and gaffer-taping some perspex in, but DH mentioned we'll do it properly - bricking up the opening with good old Yorkshire stone and fitting a door and a window.......*after* pictures will probably come to a notice board near you......around August, I should think  ;D

Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

beads-on-toast

i am messy

messy

messy

messy

messy

messy