Re: photos of your workspace

Started by Les, January 12, 2007, 11:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bumpy Beads

I'm messy messy messy too! However, yesterday I bought some fab new storage from Ikea, so I've had a tidy up! (Well, half a tidy up. I didn't get around to sorting my half-used rod stockpile out  :P ) Seeing as I'm unlikely to ever be this tidy again I thought now was a good time to take a pic.

The baskets hanging at the back (99p to £2.49) have enabled me to get lots more space back on my table. The little metal shelf (£2) will be brilliant for when I squish beads, as they'll be more at my eye level. In the second pic you can see the metal cabinet (£19.99) where I've got all my frits, enamels, silver and all my the other paraphanelia.

Heather

My Etsy Shop

Allie_T

Here's mine. We moved my studio down here (to the above ground 'basement') early last year. I can spread out more but it just makes me more disorganized!

Stacy

I posted a while ago when I first moved into my space but thought I would show you an updated photo. We have finally got a curtain in at the end as I was a little tired of always having people looking in when they walked past. I am very self aware when I work and it was a little daunting. Also at night kids would sat outside the window as although they could see in I couldn't see out because of the reflection.

I don't think that the actual bead bench has changed much but the rest is much neater and feels a lot cosier now. I'm just waiting for a coat of paint now and to convert the shelving unit into glass sheet storage

Dreams of Glass

My studio when I just started,

and now, (after a good clean up ::)) lots of glass, but I still want more ;D, my kiln is to the left in the corner

I love my little studio  ;D ;D

Ingrid                         
xx

Amber

Well, I haven't been around here for a while, because I've been busy moving house (and been without internet for 3 weeks - oh, how I missed it!). One of the reasons we decided to rent this house was because it has a garage, which has become my new workshop. I'm really chuffed with it because I've got a much better set up and, most excitingly, electricity! Having a light means that I can make beads after 4pm, which is lovely! So here it is - and I must add that it's tidy because I hadn't used it when I took the photo!

Edited to add; DH has just insisted that I mention that he was the one who made my worktop for me - he's fab  :-*

Dizzy Di

Hi Guys
This is my new studio in Wat Tyler country Park Pitsea, Essex

not got this photo thing right before if its wrong or too bid mods please change or remove
I am having an open day 9th March from 11am onwards. Everyone welcome
Not all the tools and toys are out as i now have to work very tidy?????????????? The public is watching me!!!!!!!! I know make more fuglies than I ever have
Better go and open up.
Dianne
PS if you cant make the 9th and want to come down let me know when.

Kaz

Couldn't wait to post this picture of the new studio my friend (in Australia) has had designed and installed by her husband - isn't this just fab! I will be out there for a month in Sept so looking forward to torching merrily together! It will be interesting going back to a hot head though!!!
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Lush!

Here's my newly improved and renovated Torch Porch.

I've had a very handy chap working on it for the past week - completely repaired and repainted all the wood, replaced a broken window, doubled the size of the work bench, put up lots of shelves, rewired the extractor fan, boarded out the glass roof to keep me cool in the summer, added proper lighting and more sockets.

And he even dreamed up this superb glass storage ... not only does it have 35 separate compartments ... it even swivels!

I am soooooo lucky (mind you, I've got to pay him tomorrow, eeeeek!)

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Paula

At long last, I have a set up. I'm going to get propane this weekend, so hopefully very soon, I'll be making beads!!

Heres a couple of pics.

And

Just look at that empty wine rack, waiting for me to put in a proper glass order.
Paula

flowerjasper

wow paula that looks good!
this is my workspace, beads and dog grooming..... and odd mix!!

can you see frit corner???

the shard shelf!!

my little kiln, and my dog grroming bench and raised bath,
sandy

Katiequiggle

OOOOh Paula, Ive got one of those Ikea backing sheets on my desk too lol.
This is my little glass heaven corner of my shed.

turnedlight

I can finally do better than that picture of my setup in the kitchen! It's been an ongoing project since we bought the shed in January, and went through three different shed fronts before they got it right, then the palaver of insulating it and the hardboard which was so obviously warped and we had to painstakingly dampen and flatten most of them.. then the painting and flooring and hey presto! It's done :)

kathryn

Mary

As this thread has popped back up, I'll update my pics too. Darling hubby built this enclosed workstation in our conservatory, it's free standing with a mega fan ducting straight out the window. It even has lights and sockets built in for my kiln and oxy-cons, so I can reach all the switches easily. The front edge of the table top extends out to give me elbow rests.
The last thing he did was add the perspex front panel, and it has made a huge difference to the efficiency of the fan, the steam off my coffee cup goes sideways now!

dangerousbead

My little space isn't so fabulous down there in the cellar, but it's mine. I've been playing with my new toy a digital camera so this is an excuse to post pics.

Shirley

Ok, time to bite the proverbial

Here's my workspace

I can thoroughly recommend the B&Q orange bucket

Don't think that's too bad? Here's the view from the front of the garage

Actually, that's not the view any more, because I've started a major sort out. I've bought some boards to go across the roof space so I can put a pile of stuff up there out of the way, I've filled my recycle wheelie bin and I've got a friend to cut 80 more pieces of plastic pipe so I can sort out more of my glass.

Update on the way as work progresses
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver