Re: photos of your workspace

Started by Les, January 12, 2007, 11:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clasicat

Here is mine that DH made for me

Claire x

Margram

That's nice Claire; some kind OH's on this thread.  I like the bead reference
you have strung up - out of the way but handy. Here's my cold and draughty shed:

Note the oxycon peeping out from left-hand corner and the
                                obligatory lawnmower... ::) That's Lush's old kiln nicely settled in now. :)

Marg x
PS Just adding I have batch annealed, used the bead door (for 5 beads :-[ :D) and have just put my friend Helen's
pendants in for fusing (fingers crossed for them).  There's no stopping me now!
Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

Katiequiggle

Thought I'd show you some up dated photo's of my workspace.  I use my shed for a few different crafts but 1 end is dedicated to glass of course.

My glass stash

And a bigger view of the shed.

Rosenquartz

Here's the corner of my chilly garage I call my workspace:

And here's a close-up (ish) of my torch set up:

The foil over the HH (in case anyone is wondering) was copied from something I saw on someone else's workspace photos - I wondered what it was and thought I try covering the holes with foil to see what effect it has. Well, it cut's out the torches ability to draw air and hence oxygen - the flame become a flicker rather than fierce rush. I now find I tend to cover the holes when lighting the torch and burning off the gas in the hose at the end of the session.

I think it's also correct to say that excluding the oxygen makes it a 'reducing' flame which can give different effects on some glass - it ave my Iris Orange an interesting bronze sheen!
Rosenquartz

Dee Dee

Well, that's it - everything is now up and running.  My cooker hood is up and I sorted the ducting out yesterday - I really didn't want to make a hole in the wall (and of course that would have meant I'd have had to get a man in to do that!) - it seems to work pretty well, I did the incense test and couldn't smell it whilst sitting at the torch!  I made a fake window out of polycarbonate sheeting and an old fly screen frame, made a hole in it and stuck a vent end in.  I just open the window to vent outside!  I'm really chuffed with myself!

No excuse now, can spend considerably longer at the torch now!

Dee Dee

Quote from: glasslisa on February 21, 2009, 08:14:56 AM
Hi Dee Dee, That looks great, nice amount of space and so tidy  - wish it was warm enough here to ever need a fly screen!  I'm curious to know how you're keeping your rod storage pipes together, i can't see any frame, are they glued, if so which glue?

Yes, Lisa they are glued - I used a hot glue gun, they are stuck pretty firmly - I think I will be adding another row or two soon!

Your shed is huge Katie, it's fantastic.  I hope yours isn't too chilly, Neil, looks like you might have plenty of room for expansion!

TiaraHelen

Very impressed by everyone's permanent setup. I only torch about once a week so I just have a hothead, set it up in the kitchen and pack it all away after.  The glass stash lives in the window seat you can see open in the first picture...  I put these photos up to show people who want to get started that it doesn't have to be the perfect studio before you can have a go!  It takes me 6 minutes to set it up and about 10 minutes to put it all away.

Ventilation not great, just a sash window and a door, I could really do with a fan but at least victorian house=lots of draughts.
Helen x

Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth "you owe me".

CeeGeeJewellery

I'm very much a beginner but got my bulk set up sorted at the weekend (although I still need to get my extractor fan up).

That's what it looked like before I'd started making any (slightly wonky) beads! With the door wide open of course...

Rockpooljewels

Been meaning to add mine for ages....my lovely (sometimes) lol, other half got his hands on a load of timber decking which would have been thrown away, the long front windows came from an old Ikea cabinet, the roof joists were left over from our extension ;D, and the door cost £8 and he sawed it in half so I can keep the dog out ;D ;D so it's very environmentally friendly, and he just put built it without a drawing or anything else....
And bloomin lovely it is too, could never have justified or afforded to pay a fortune for a cabin this size....I love it!

Mandyx

Glass..Glass..Glorious Glass...nothing quite like it for draining your cash!!!!!

http://www.rockpooljewels.etsy.com
http://rockpooljewels.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rockpooljewels/

Helen G

I've just spent a good while reading through this thread and enjoyed seeing everyones workspaces so I thought I'd share some pictures of mine.

I can't believe I've not been out there for 10 whole days now cos I've been poorly, finally feeling better today so hopefully will be more productive!!

madpup

ok i am still doing it at the mo but its nearly finshed,
you can see a vent in the left top corner,this is to be used
with a fan to expel fumes, on the floor is a gas alarm, and
on the bench is a carbon moxide alarm and in the hall there
is a fire alarm, so it looks like i have it covered, lol

wont be long now. :-)
Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and just give her a house.

www.madpup.co.uk

littlehondachop

this is my little bit of heaven.............and me puppy in his usual place :D

Tollgate-Debs

Some great spaces to play on here!  This is my corner of the garage.  The flight box is where the fibre blanket lives and the green filing drawers were rescued from a bin at work - they are just the right size for storing glass!  Hubby's only condition for me sharing his space was that my kiln was not Barbie Pink!   :D

Debs

jobead

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww287/ReedsBeads/Workstation003.jpg
http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww287/ReedsBeads/NewLampwork050.jpg

How it started out and how it looks now, I will hopefully be in my new studio by Christmas so the box room can once again be used for storing the ironing I haven't done  ;)

Jo

Krysia@No98

I am a bit disturbed by how tidy everyones' work space is!!!  They do all look like fantastic spaces :)

Here is mine

It's not finished yet.  I want to enclose it to help minimise flying shards of glass and finding them in my feet

MadPup: you can't really see but I have my ventilation going out of the air brick too.  Just as I was getting ready to take this photo I was sitting down at the torch, thinking - Where is that draft coming from?  When the ventilation isn't pumping out then the draft can come in the same way  ::).  Just a thought 
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-