finished jewellery 2010

Started by mizgeorge, January 22, 2010, 11:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veebee

A lady at work is leaving, I made this for her...

Hope she likes it!
Web: http://www.veebeads.net
The UK home of Val Cox frit!!
Fritt Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1647822@N25/

nemeton

I will be setting up tomorrow for the Dorset Art Weeks open studios - have gone beyond the rushing-about-in-a-panic stage and got to the just-want-it-all-to-be-over-now stage... anyways everything is sorted, cleaned, boxed and priced and I have sorted it into themes so we can have a different look in each room of the house. There seems to be a lot more beadwork than I thought...  ::)

Warrior

Wedding

Garden

Tropics

Beach

and I was short of starfish so I made some more for earrings

Anybody want to lay bets as to which pair of earrings will be the only thing I sell in the entire fortnight? I'm really hoping it'll be these  :P
Lynn

Keep up with me on Facebook or my blog

Veebee

This is the first time I've designed a beadwork project from idea, to sketch book, to deciding which stitches and colours to use and the final execution! It's my most ambitious piece to date, it took three days to make, and I'm just chuffed to bits with the way it turned out. I've never used coral stitch before, nor have I ever tried graduating colour like this!
Oh, and the wire wrapped lampie is one of my own too  :D

I'm wearing it right now  ;D

Thanks for looking
Web: http://www.veebeads.net
The UK home of Val Cox frit!!
Fritt Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1647822@N25/

Kaz

Well, here's the thing. When my friend Anne came to stay, we went out for dinner with a couple who are friends of hers who I don't really know. They paid for dinner and would not take money off us. So, my friend Anne suggested I send the wife a piece of jewellery to say thanks (she is big on handcrafted stuff!). So I have prevaricated, made several beads and sets of beads I wasn't entirely happy with and then finally plumped for these.
I hope she likes them!

Don't know why they look like they don't match in the photos - but they do IRL! ;D
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Jennie Lamb

Hi!  Just finished some pendants I have been doing for a big bead party I am doing tomorrow night it is a Surf Club so I thought some fishes would be appropriate!!

Thanks for looking  ;)

Jenniex

MyPrecious

Here's my newest necklace :

For some reason, the colours look odd on the picture, but in reality I quite like it ;D
Kathy

My website

MyPrecious

Thanks Hazel ! The clasp is just a little spring ring clasp :

Kathy

My website

flowerjasper

I sent some beads to Tracy Smith of cinnamon jewellery,
how pleased am i with what she has done?  very   ;D

sandy

nemeton

In between chatting to visitors at our 'open studio' (I am becoming very knowledgeable about photography as well as about beads!) I've been managing to get a bit of beading done  :)
This is some of Tan's lovely tabs and some delicious olive jade

I made two pairs of starfish earrings yesterday for a customer to choose from - and she couldn't decide so she bought both (I do love that sort of indecisive customer, as opposed to the other sort who spends ages not making a decision and then walks away!)

This is a sparkly experiment that worked better than I was expecting

And I made another pair of 'icicle' earrings in softer blues

I am hoping that the next week (we have Mon and Tues 'off' and then we're open Wed-Sun) will be so busy that I'll have no beading time and nothing to show you next Monday!  :P
Lynn

Keep up with me on Facebook or my blog

Lush!

I've had a one track mind lately, and I blame Kaz for a lot of it!  It was her idea that I contact a local gallery about taking my jewellery ... I've got my second meeting with them next week and here's a preview of what I'm going to be showing them.  (Couldn't have done it without her wonderful murrini!)

Mahoooooosive thanks to George for a fantastic day yesterday, a brilliant 'brangle' design and tons of help, teaching and advice - my brain is now detangled and able to function again  :-*

Beachy Brangles

A closer view of the Octopussy brangle and pendant

Beachy Ball pendants

Shell pendants

Earrings

There's been so much wonderful beachy eye candy around lately, I've been thoroughly inspired - special mention for Clare Scott's gorgeous anemones - and I hope that I've played my part in inspiring others  ;D

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Hil

I am actually re-stocking my webby today with some jewellery!!!!

Thanks for looking.

Hil x
Is there anybody out there?

www.SpaTownBeads0407.etsy.com

mizgeorge

I've been playing with some more of Julie HB's fab cabs :)

This one features a murrine by Jo

And this one is for Kaz - with such a clever design using her murrini :)

I'm still really enjoying making these. Just say if you get bored!

bavarianbeads

My new passion.... :D

Who likes skulls? ;)

The interchangeable 925-silver pendant holders are handmade by myself, too  :)

Manu

julieHB

A good friend of ours asked for a "special" bracelet for his partner. She likes strong colours and is often found with brightly coloured and patterned scarfs.... I don't know her, which makes it more difficult, but after a few goes forth and back this is what our friend says he's happy with:

I have always strived to make my wire wrapping as neat and "perfect" as possible, and to make this "whimsical" wrapping I found rather hard! But I am a great admirer of Kerry Bogert's jewellery, and I am sure many of you can see it's inspired by Kerry's "Totally Twisted".
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

mizgeorge

A seaside cab by (and for) Ms Lush :)
Took a bit of fiddling with the bezel to make it work, but I'm pleased....