finished jewellery 2010

Started by mizgeorge, January 22, 2010, 11:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinah46

I was re-united with these test beads yesterday, they had been over-wintering in Kaz's shedio :D

I've used some silvered greek ceramic beads and a few of the lovely turquoise/copper ones as well, I'm quite pleased with the result :)

helenfc

A girl on my course got hit by a car last week and broke her pelvis  :'( :'( :'( poor thing and it was her birthday on friday. So...all of the rest of the class clubbed together to make her a charm bracelet, one charm each and posted it off to her. Here is the result :)

mine is the bead top left. I think she'll like it! :)

Nia

As some of you might know, I've really struggled with bracelets for a long time now. Not I hasten to add because I don't know how to make them (and I make plenty of straightforward ones), but I have never quite managed to get my head around the fact that customers are prepared to pay as much, if not more, for a bracelet as for a necklace. So up until recently I've tried to make "economical" bracelets, and although they do sell occasionally, they aren't all that satisfying to make. But a couple of weeks ago I must have had a funny turn, and decided to throw caution to the wind, and a whole new line of bracelets was born. The first, Peaches and Dreams, you saw the other day, and has now gone to a new home. Here are a few more - huge hog, sorry.
These beads are by Clare Scott, with moonstone and freshwater pearls, Hilltribe freeform beads, and one of George's fab clasps set with a moonstone.(Now SOLD)

Next, beads by Beverley Edge, with gold keishi pearls, scapolite and labradorite, and Hilltribe silver.

These next beads are from Lesley McFarland, and are teamed with super silver grey keishis and Hilltribe silver. (Now SOLD)

Sorry for the huge hog, I'll post a few more next week.
Nia xx

www.gemwaithnia.co.uk
www.flickr.com/photos/gemwaithnia/

Magpie

flowerjasper

I couldnt resist any longer  ::) so i got some silver clay.
alchemilla leaves made into earrings and bracelet for my aunts 70th birthday,
its our favourite plant,
I hope she likes them,
sandy

Nia

Sorry, I am now completely hooked on my new style bracelets, and I won't be happy until I have a fresh crop of them up on the website.
But I fully understand if you get fed-up with them, I do tend to get periodic obsessions, as my Flickr friends will know only too well. Bless 'em all, they've been tolerating my gemstone cluster phase for weeks now.
Beadcaps are all from our George btw, and headpins for the gemstones are from Dragonfly Lynne.

This bracelet has glass by Beverley Edge, with Iolite, Amethyst, and Champagne Citrine, with oodles of Hill Tribe and sterling silver, and a huge Hill Tribe clasp, which was originally oxidised, but I tumbled it shiny again to fit in with the gleaming silver look of the bracelet.

The second bracelet uses gorgeous deep blue glass by Sarah Bedwell, with clusters of Lapis Lazuli, Kyanite and Labradorite, again with lots of Hill Tribe and sterling silver, and an eye-catching twisted sterling toggle clasp.

Sorry, again, for the hog,
Nia xx
www.gemwaithnia.co.uk

Nia

The lovely Shahlaa (Pricess Pink) very kindly sent me a set of her beads, to see what I could come up with. As soon as I opened the packet I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them, so Polka came to life a couple of days ago. The only thing I'll change eventually is the clasp - I simply cannot find the clasp I had in mind for it. It's hiding somewhere in a mountain of findings, so when I do unearth it, I'll remake it.
I used clusters of amethyst, citrine and shining black spinel, along with Hilltribe silver.

And there were three beads left over, so I turned them into a pendant style necklace using one of Dragonfly Lynne's hammered silver rings, and silks from Diane, Sowzere Designs.
All beadcaps are by George.

So if there are any lurking beadbuyers out there, have a look at Shahlaa's work, you won't be disappointed!
www.allthatsparklesbeads.etsy.com
Nia xx
www.gemwaithnia.co.uk

Kaz

I am going out on a sort of "hen" do on Tuesday with my bookgroup as one of the women is getting married in a couple of weeks (low key second marriage). We have had a whip round but I thought I would commemorate her wedding with a small gift and this is what I have come up with....

Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

julieHB

For some reason I find this a difficult colour combo in glass.... anyway, have finally finished a commission I've been sweating over for a while, as my bead making skills have seemed to be on holiday. It's been quite a long time since I worked with silver wire, and I really enjoyed that today  :)

The light was fading as I finished, so apologies for the poor picture!
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

julieHB

Forgot to say that the lovely clasp is by our George - honestly, I was not going to take credit for that one  :-[ :-* :)
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Ilona

I have treated myself and made myself some jewellery for a change.

I bought the silver Hilltribe Orchid a couple of years ago at the first Flame Off, and decided to use up a few of my tester florals and made the necklace.

The bracelet is made on elastic thread and I am pleased with how it turned out.

GoodMonkey

This is a remake of one I made for a friends 40th and she wanted another one.  I won't be making any more in a hurry LOL

Further details on my blog if anyone wants to know about techniques/suppliers etc.

gemkist

Made this new necklace the other day. Real Emerald beads from Dawn Fuge at Precious Sparkle Beads, greek ceramic silver washers, turquoise jade, FW pearls, Bali silver scallop shell beads and a dichroic seahorse made by someone in the USA, but I can't rememebr who. Such is the problem of having a large lampwork bead stash!

I'm not sure about the delicacy of the chain vs. the weight of the seahorse, but the colours are good together. Now I just pray I don't break it when I wear it :o

mizgeorge

gemkist

I bought the lampwork from Annelyse about a year ago, at the end of a Perth bead show whan I like to treat myself for a hard day's work, and then all of a sudden there were lots of beads on my desk that screamed "put me next to Annelyse's beads". So I did!

Ceramic beads in turquoise and mauve, lilac jade, Greek gold ceramic spacers.