finished jewellery 2010

Started by mizgeorge, January 22, 2010, 11:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pandanimal

I have just realised as I started typing that I havn't told you all my news about my trip to Iona! So I will start with that.
I am going to Iona on Thursday 6th to attend a writers and Artists retreat. I am told it is a wonderful, spiritual place and I am hoping to come back refreshed and inspired. This year has been the worst winter for me since my son was first ill 13 years ago so, god knows, I can do with a bit of time off to recharge.
So...to treat myself I decided to make some jewellery for myself and here are some photos I managed to snap this afternoon.

Earings                                                  necklace                                                        necklace or bracelet.

Iona seas bracelet                                                 Iona sea again  

Dragon bones bracelet  (Dark fossil, aka frit in stick form)         and again (I like this one!)                       A pebble necklace for me!

Pebble bracelet                                 Andy Goldsworthy inspired earrings                    A little bit of magic                            

close up on the earings                  Smoke on the water frit from beady sam                         and turquoise and cream classic with a twist of reactive frit

I just have to hope that volcano plays nice cause it will be a long drive if it decides to do the dirt again.

Thanks for looking, hope you like em all. I know I do!

Modified to line up the pictures again. second time lucky?

Blue Kiln Beads

A little while ago Sal (Red Hot Sal) very kindly sent me some Mustard coloured glass for a commission I had.  The brief was "like this but in mustard with some orange".  The orange isn't as orange in the flesh.  My customer chose the necklace and earrings with the mustard disc, and it looked really good with her outfit (if I say so myself)

Thanks for looking.
Yvette  :)
Yvette Goodridge
www.bluekilnbeads.blogspot.com
www.bluekilnbeads.etsy.com

mizgeorge

a little collaboration

I was lucky enough to have this gorgeous cab from Julie HB arrive at my house yesterday, with one of Kaz's fantastic murrine in the middle.

Instead of doing all the things I was meant to be doing (like going to bed) I gave in at about 11pm and turned it into a ring. And I'm wearing it now!

mizgeorge

I've been faffing around for ages trying to think of an easy, swappable earring design for bhbs.

I felt a bit of an idiot when I was starting off a batch of new bracelets, and realised I'd already done it. The chain is identical to the one used on my bhb bracelets, both the clasped and toggle version. And after I took the pics, I realise they even look quite nice on their own ;)

They can be made to pretty much any length - this 'standard' version takes one or two beads happily, and three at a bit of a push (and a bit heavy for me). I like them with just one, and some chain showing. These lovely beads were from Becky.

princess pink

Got Kaz to make me a bead to wear for my birthday drinks this saturday, and used one of diane's lovely silk ribbons which she kindly gave me, and the other diane's (dilunah) hammered ring!

Nikki

SueP

...completely different - well from me anyway  ;D ;D

slightly modified from Beadwork just need to make some earings and necklace now  :)

soulsilver

Made with my Indian summer beads, the largest lentil is 4cm :D

tsarvo

Its not everyones cup of tea but I love it ;D
(Sorry about the shocking photo) :o

it has a lot more blues and greens than in the photo.
but the sun is shining  ;D

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, whisky in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Galloway Beads

I treat myself to some of Lornas beads at the Flame off, added a few spacers, and this is what I made with them.

www.gallowaybeads.co.uk
My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/Gallowaybeads

Kaz

The first is a birthday present for my friend Anne - which I made to go with the lovely pearl grey suede fringed handbag I got her for her birthday!

The second was commissioned by my friend Tina - she wanted a striking pendant and earrings to go with a royal blue scooped neck dress. I agonised over this but she has just emailed me to say it arrived and she loves it!!! (Phew!)

Also wanted to show another set of beads that I had made into a pendant and earrings for my business partner's birthday by Tracy Smith of Cinnamon Jewellery

Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

MyPrecious

I've shown you the beads before...

Here's what I've done with them !

Thanks for looking!
Kathy

My website

Margram

Adapted from Sabine's tutorial in March's Making Jewellery magazine:  mainly my beads plus the main focal is one I won at Creaton GBUK bead fair last summer by...( I am ashamed to say I've lost my note but think it may have been Min Fidler :-[) I used cotton instead of leather thonging, so I have to put the end through twice, then it stays put reasonably well.

Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

Nia

Yet more bracelets! I'm still having a great time making them, and apologies if you've seen any of them before.

Beads by Clare Scott, with clusters of gemstones and Hill Tribe silver.

Beads by Izzy Anderson:

And finally beads by Emma Ralph - glass and polymer clay:

Sorry for the hog, but it could have been sooooo much worse!

Nia xx
www.gemwaithnia.co.uk
www.flickr.com/photos/gemwaithnia/

Donna@Rockin' Beads

Here's the first 2 of an order for 4!!!!

Mustn't grumble of course but I did promise myself I wouldn't take any more commissions in the run up to moving house, getting married and opening the shop!!!! I'm just a girl who can't say NO  ;D ;D ;D