finished jewellery 2010

Started by mizgeorge, January 22, 2010, 11:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbo

Hi

a friend asked me if I could make something from an old Bombay Sapphire gin bottle,here's what I came up with.

All comments welcome.

please forgive the fluff on the stand!

Rob.

p.s. I'm charging her £35.00 for the bracelet and £65.00 for the necklace, fair,too much or too little?

sparrow

Nothing like last minute........

What Kay's bridesmaids will be wearing:

;D

Thanks Kay  :-*

Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

Lush!

A lady made a beeline for my stall at Cheltenham bead fair a couple of weeks ago - she'd been thinking about my beads since she saw me at my first ever fair 2 years ago!  Having recently had her 50th birthday, she now had a reason to really go to town and commission a mega-set!

So she chose two Black Berry bracelets and a handful of other beads from my table.

And after a long chat and copious note-taking, we agreed on a plan.  I made quite a lot more beads, lentils for the earrings and bumpies for the necklace - and here is the finished set.

I was concerned that the necklace might be a bit overwhelming for frequent wear, so by using George's woven bail I could make the pendant detachable so she can simply wear it on the silver chain.

Its in the post, phew!

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Lush!

I was sent a lovely strand of turquoise tube-shaped beads, which have sat on my desk for a week or two, whispering to me about copper green, turquoise and dark ivory ...

The silver starfish and fish beads are from Beadsite's stall at the Flame Off.

Then I started thinking about Kaz's murrini that I bought at the FO, I didn't want to detract too much from the turquoise tubes so I kept the beads small - I used the Kalera trio press that I swapped at the FO.  The second necklace is much longer, and is strung on silk cord for a change.

I've decided to wear this one as a bracelet, but I'm still working on a way to pull it tight - any ideas welcome!

I think I might have been thinking a little about Kaz's Flame Off necklace too!

mizgeorge

gorgeous :)
Micro macrame? You're welcome to borrow the book if you like - it does work brilliantly for this style.

Lush!

Aw, thanks everybody  ;D

Quote from: mizgeorge on April 23, 2010, 05:00:36 PM
Micro macrame? You're welcome to borrow the book if you like - it does work brilliantly for this style.

Of course!  I've got the book, thank you!

Bobbo

Hi

This is a weave called Beez to Butterflies.

It's my favourite after Jens Pind (which I've just got the hang of after having it fight me for nearly a week!)

Thanks for looking,

Rob.

p.s. if anyone has any tips on where on earth the hallmark stamp can go I'd be forever grateful :D

mizgeorge

For pieces made with rings over 1mm gauge, I have the hallmark stamped onto a ring (must be soldered closed). For anything too fine, I attach a tag (again, they prefer this to be soldered on). Alternatively, you can have it laser marked.

Lush!

A quick release toggle would be a brilliant idea, Nick, I can't imagine how I'd cover it though  ???

soulsilver

Just thought I would share this pendant that I made today. Its made from sheet sterling silver. 7

soulsilver

A ring that I made today. Sorry to those of you that have already seen this on FB :D

Katiequiggle

I made this with the 'Hostile Planet' I made and showed the other day.  Hope you like it, its on a choker as its quite long.

Lush!

I can't help myself showing these off all over the place, I'm grinning from ear to ear - I actually gave Andrea Guarino a hug and told her I loved her when she taught us how to make these off-mandrel hearts!

Sorry if you've seen them here and there already!

Nikki

A bit of a hog, but this is what I made today ;D

nemea

It's like the middle of winter here today so I thought I'll bring some sunshine in! Initially I thought these were like confetti but in fact they remind me of blossom petals that the wind has blown on the ground. I love that when it happens. It's nature's carpet!

Apologies for only posting links. I still can't get the hang of it! The lovely lampwork is by Shahlaa.

www.flickr.com/photos/nemeadesigns/4574340603/

www.flickr.com/photos/nemeadesigns/4574956910/in/photostream/