Main Menu

Multicolour??!!

Started by Amber, February 28, 2010, 05:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tsarvo

I have just ordered multicolour and the dark from sean.
so lets see what mess i can make of it! ;D
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, whisky in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

garishglobes

Ummm.....is it worth sticking the beads back through the kiln next time you do session, to see if it'll strike differently second time round?

Amber

I haven't annealed mine yet, so there could still be hope... ;)

dinah46

Some of mine definitely struck in the kiln on a batch anneal

julieHB

And gorgeous they are too, Diane!!
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Hamilton Taylor

hmmmm.....
We did have a batch which would only 1/2-strike, which looks like the turquoise ones here, but I think we replaced all the dodgy glass that got sent out with good glass that Reichenbach sent us when we complained.
Can you's who can't get this glass to strike, and bought it from us, and not received replacement glass,  please email me with the invoice number, so I can check if it was part of the dodgy batch, and hopefully sort you out with the good stuff?

sean@hamiltontaylor.co.uk

Thanks,

Sean

fionaess

I've just emailed you my order number Sean... but I only bought it last week ???

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

fionaess

Those are lovely Jo - is it Multi colour 104 or 96 you used?

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

Shirley

Was the multicoloour that Beady Sam had 104 or 96? Can't remember now  :-\
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Hamilton Taylor

Sorry Fiona - emailed you before I saw your post. All the same stuff here, anyway.
I just made some beads:

Having said that, Jo's beads show colour much better than mine....

Beads are (from the top) multicolour over trans cobalt, clear, black and yellow (ugh)
I cooked it up hothot, allowed to cool as much as i dared (transparent at this stage, with a few dark blue streaks), then just tickled it in the back of the flame repeatedly, allowing to cool between each tickle.

Not annealed - There's a multi marble in the kiln, so we'll see how it turns out tomorrow....
Sean

julieHB

Shirley, the bunch that I got from Beadysam is 104 - just checked!

And thanks to you, ladies and gent, I actually got some colours today, yay! Not as much as some of you guys, but at least not a uniform muddy green  ;D :-[
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Shirley

Cheers, Julie. :) Thought so, but had bought chalcedony at the same time and got muddled.
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

sea-thistle

I've made two beads with it this afternoon, and they are still in the kiln, but I wasn't pleased with what I got, a bit like poo! and I did everything except squish in a bead press, they are round beads!lol ::)

cwest

Sean,

I can't get the replacment batch to do anything either. But I have no trouble getting some colour out of the 96.
Will keep trying though.

Carolyn

AnnaSpanna

Hmmmmmm... I was so excited to play with this glass today but after 2 turquoisey/sludge green beads I gave up sadly disappointed- for a minute there was a bronze/russet patch when I cooled it on a piar of wet SS tongs but then it disappeared. I tried pressing it too but it didn't really deliver. They are in the kiln as I type but i'm not holding my breath. I'm going to try again tomorrow using the tips and advice on here.

Wish me luck!!!!