Main Menu

Multicolour??!!

Started by Amber, February 28, 2010, 05:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

julieHB

Hmmm, I must have been far too gentle with it - better have another go!
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Krysia@No98

Quote from: sparrow on February 28, 2010, 06:46:48 PM

...so I assume, for other beads, it means in-out-in-out, etc....over & over!

Or the hockie cokei?
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Hamilton Taylor

The paddle on our site was made by heating to runny-gloopy, allowing to cool, then spot heating with a pinpoint flame, more in some areas than others. The marble part was shaped without tools, the paddle started as another marble, allowed to cool to 'plastic', and squished with mashers. Then it was flame-polished very hot, so the surface went transparent, allowed to cool, and struck repeatedly in different areas with a pinpoint flame.
I found it struck really easily this way. Shirley is right; this and dark multi have got to be the best 'bang for buck' around, as far as 'silver' glass is concerned!

Oh, and I think, while you're on our site, you should buy some....   ;D

Sean

Amber

I got my Multicolour from you, Sean!  ;D I'm very tempted by the Multicolour dark, but thought I'd better try to get some colours out of the other stuff first... :P

So basically I need to heat the c**p out of it, do the hokey cokey and pray to the gods of the full moon...sounds do-able!  :D

fionaess

My multi colour is 104 from Sean.. beautiful, wonderful, effetre medium turquiose colour......... no Im not thrilled... Heated it until it almost dripped off the mandrel. cooled with brass, cooled with graphite, struck in the back of the flame until just orange and I still get the medium turquoise colour........... :'(

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !

Lush!

Me too, Fiona.  I've just got some beads out of the kiln - they looked pretty good going in, look pretty green coming out  >:(

Sean, to be honest, I'm finding both recent lots are working the same.  But maybe its my kiln rather than the glass.

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Shirley

Heat it up, cool, make sure all the glow has gone (under desk), back in edge of flame to a dull orange, rotate and you should see a sort of bloom like fog moving over the surface. I usually get this when it changes shade. Cool again, warm again, check, and keep going until you get something you like.

Love the glass, not used it enough, so suspect I might have to do a bit more playing next time I torch :)
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Kaz

Hmmm so far a bit disappointed with the 104 standard multicolour compared to the one stick of lovely dark 96 I got from Jaq that gave lots of colour with nil effort.
I think maybe the 104 is like a chameleon colour and at the moment mine are sitting on grass!!!
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

julieHB

Quote from: Kaz on March 01, 2010, 11:22:02 AM

I think maybe the 104 is like a chameleon colour and at the moment mine are sitting on grass!!!
Kazx
;D ;D ;D So do mine, Kaz....or maybe more like muddy marsh land
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

fionaess

Quote from: Shirley on March 01, 2010, 11:16:04 AM
Heat it up, cool, make sure all the glow has gone (under desk), back in edge of flame to a dull orange, rotate and you should see a sort of bloom like fog moving over the surface. I usually get this when it changes shade. Cool again, warm again, check, and keep going until you get something you like.

Love the glass, not used it enough, so suspect I might have to do a bit more playing next time I torch :)

Been there, done that, got the T shirt... and its still a kind of effetre mid turquoise  ;D

Amber

Glad it's not just me...

Sean, is the Multicolour dark on your website the 104 or 96?

dinah46

I got some multicolour and dark multi 104 from Sean a few days ago and got this

I was quite pleased with the results but not too sure what techniques caused what effects ???  I do know that the multicolour seems to kiln strike as a couple of these were almost transparent going in the kiln. This group was batch annealed.

fionaess

Quote from: Spookyjewel on March 01, 2010, 12:11:26 PM
Glad it's not just me...

Sean, is the Multicolour dark on your website the 104 or 96?

Hey.. that's my 104 multicolour bead... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Kaz

I've got 2 just like that!!!
Compare to the 96
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

sparrow

Quote from: Krysia on March 01, 2010, 07:49:49 AM
Quote from: sparrow on February 28, 2010, 06:46:48 PM

...so I assume, for other beads, it means in-out-in-out, etc....over & over!

Or the hockie cokei?

That might help, you never know...?

Loving all the beads in this thread, though....even the green one!  ;D
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial