creative gallery archive 2010

Started by Zeldazog, January 06, 2010, 02:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeldazog

I couldn't sleep earlier, so I took a peek out the back door, as I have a lovely view of fields and figured it would be beautiful in the early hours covered in snow.

Couldn't resist getting the camera and taking some long exposure photos, a few have been photo-shopped, but only for auto-levels or auto-contrast, which as given some of them a rather eerie quality.  I've not added any colours or altered that in any way.

They were taken about 1am this morning, with tripod and 30 second plus exposure time....so the funny colours are caused by the street lights (clickable thumbmails)

v

There's a few more of the same in this album if you fancy a further look at my weird photos!

http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee4/zeldazog/Snow%20Images/

Zeldazog

Here's a few of the bits and pieces I did for assessment this week.
(they're all clickable thumbnails)

Nobody ask me to grout their bathroom! Do ya think I'd get a commission?

screen printing sample and what it could be... PHotoshop is a wonderful thing....

And some other bits..... (The first two are repeated to try and show you the play of light)

Now, does anybody now if I can grab multiple links from Flickr to post several images at once?  Or do I have to get each one?  I've uploaded these pics to Flickr as I wanted to try Pictobrowser (Thanks Julie HB!), but I can't see any easy way to get multiple images into here.... so I also uploaded them to facebook....

Steampunkglass

I mentioned over on the Etsy chat a while back I was trying (failing) to make a new coat for a do I'm going to. I suddenly realised I've hardly got 2 weeks left, and it's not quite going to plan.... or patten or whatever needlework people call these packs of tissue paper!  :D For some bizaare reason people said they wanted to see it, well this is what it currently looks like!

Needlework, as you can see, does not come naturally to me..... I've been slightly delayed by melting glass (of course), work, then managing to melt part of the lining with an iron, and last night I managed to sow a pocket in the wrong way around...... don't ask how, but I think I bodged my way out of that one!

And yes, I am using an old 1922 singer treadle machine, because any electric one I've ever used ends up in clouds of smoke and tangled threads!

Zeldazog

I was sorting out some stuff the other day, and came across these that I did at a summer school session - I loved doing this and would love to do it again:

&clickable thumbs for bigger images

Sorry the photos are a bit cr@ppy, and I am hoping that I can get the remaining wax out of the first one, as it's still staining it a bit - was going to try washing it, but checked before hand and the silk paint doesn't appear to have fixed, so good job I didn't!

Steampunkglass

Quote from: julieHB on February 28, 2010, 12:26:12 PM
You certainly is a multi-skilled man, Glenn!!  :) Silk and satin are not easy to sew at all!
You are all too kind! I know sowing really isn't my strength (I really didn't know how difficult silk and satin were to sow - but I do now!) but I'll try anything just about any crafty thing once; that's how I ended up doing glass!  ;D
Well, it's actually started coming together now, latest update photo, the light wasn't very good and in this picture it's acually inside out!  :-[

Stacy

After looking at the thread that Julie posted last week I had a go at 'doodling' in the way explained on the website she showed:

The last two are a bit of a cheat.. I did one large A4 one and scanned it in. Then I used the Cookie Cutter option in PS to get the shapes. Its strange but they are much crisper in RL and you can certainly see where I changed from a thick ol' CD pen to the fineliner.
I didn't buy the kit, but I did go and buy some postcards from the poundshop and some nice fineliners from WHSmith!  ;)

Lush!

I've scanned mine, its a lot more colourful in real life.

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

julieHB

Here's a few from me - I know I was not meant to be an illustrator, but we're having a lot of fun  :D :D

And here's some by my kids ( Jesper 10, Pippa 7 & Anna 7):

Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Juniper

Ok! here are mine:

They are about the real size here.
Paula

julieHB

Quote from: Tan on March 12, 2010, 07:36:05 PM

Julie I am completely and utterly in love with your seahorse is he for sale?

Gosh, I'm lost for words, Tan - and very flattered :D :D Nope, he's not good enough for selling.....but he's great for a give away or a swap ;D, PM me your addy and he'll find his way to your shores - I'm sure he'll love the beaches of Cornwall  ;D ;D

By the way, I was going to mention another source for doodle inspiration: http://beezinthebelfry.blogspot.com/
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Steampunkglass

Well, it was a bit of a rush at the last minute (made a few daft mistakes by working on it when too tired). I didn't get buttons put on the front as I knew I wouldn't get the button holes done in time, there should have been three buttons on the sleeves but I broke one putting it on  :( ::) so just went with the two (Yep, made the buttons myself too  ;D ) I was going to get posing wearing it but nothing went to plan, ended up running very late (one of the ladies in our party had some corset issues!), so didn't get a picture wearing it yet! It needs re-pressing as it got a bit squashed on the return leg, but here is back and front, along with an old waistcoat I made years ago which went really well with it.

sublimekate

Okies, quickly scanned the webby, kind of wasn't buying the zenny bit, but.......

This is so relaxing. Been very poorly, beading is out and this has nicely filled the gap, thank you so much Julie for posting the original link. I love drawing and this is right up my street, got my creative juices flowing like crazy  ;D  ;D  ;D

Loving all the doodles, I think a swap would be nice if anyone is interested I'd be up for it...

Here are mine, I have some more but need to photograph them, no scanner  :(

Appologies for anyone who's already seen them on FB. k xxxxx

I coloured some of these in and they looked rubbish so I've put them back to greyscale, cheeting abit i know  ::)

Dickie

Well.. as Sarah said we spent most of Saturday doing this...(what fun) so I thought I ought to post up here...

'Tis a bit addictive really init

Here's mine... (you can click for a closer look (then select all sizes))
Dickie-Oh yes! Follow me on Twitter @DickieDooda

silverlemon

He should have said that it's A4!

Ok here's my first attempts at tiles

and here's my first A4 art work...lol

Bionic Sarah xxx    Sarah Downton On Facebook  My Etsy Shop

julieHB

Julia, you already have a brand name for your art - Pandoodles - great name!! ;D ;D

Here's a nautilus from me:

...and now must go and do something useful!

Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr