creative gallery archive 2011

Started by pixiewillow, December 20, 2010, 09:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparrow

I made these to take to Germany with me - if any sell, munchkin will need a cut, since he painted the canvases - we had great fun!

Mark Twain by Sabine Little, on Flickr

Lewis Carroll 1 by Sabine Little, on Flickr

Lewis Carroll 3 by Sabine Little, on Flickr

(more are uploading on my Flickr)  ;D
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

dinah46

and not a bead in sight :D

Queen size quilt by dilunah, on Flickr

For those of you who quilt it's disappearing 9 patch with Moda French General fabric and it's not quite finished yet as I still have to hem all around the binding by hand but that'll have to wait until after the GBUK beadfair :)

It measures 90" x 98" so it's gonna take a while :o

Veebee

I have a tiny kitchen with just the one (quite big) window. The window is south facing which is great! I love using fresh herbs but just didn'y feel I had the space. So I made a wooden frame with wire mesh over and hung a couple of flat backed planters from s hooks on that so I could get more in. Not so much creative as creative thinking. I'm chuffed to bits with it and it makes me smile every time I go into the kitchen  ;D

Web: http://www.veebeads.net
The UK home of Val Cox frit!!
Fritt Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1647822@N25/

Pandanimal

Ginko Leaves and lots of them.

I boil them all up in a mixture of water and caustic soda. This is a very smelly job requiring lots of ventilation. You don't want to inhale the fumes.

After separating out a few of the whole leaves I bleach the rest and beat it to a pulp. The pulp is added to a big bath of water ready to pull the first sheet of paper.

This sheet is a mixture of whole unbleached leaves and the bleached pulp.

I work sitting on the floor!

After I have made as much paper as I can it all goes into my press for a few days. I have to wait and be patient to see how it has turned out.

jammie

I have this John Ditchfield paperweight I bought from my sister who came by it somehow  and took this pic with it, just wanted to show it off here I think its nice!  :)

DSC04239 by ewanski, on Flickr

Passionatelamper

If your entertaining this Christmas or indeed anytime and want to brighten your Table how about this cute knapkin ring?
Made from memory wire and acrylic beads with some silver coiling and crimp beads. Took me no time at all and I think it's really cute ;D :D

DSC_0007 by vonnie.t, on Flickr

DSC_0008 by vonnie.t, on Flickr

DSC_0014 by vonnie.t, on Flickr

DSC_0013 by vonnie.t, on Flickr

DSC_0015 by vonnie.t, on Flickr

etsy-header-dec12 by vonnie.t, on Flickr

Blue Kiln Beads

I won a fabulous prize in a raffle recently which was a day course to learn about bookbinding.  I had a brilliant day and made a hard back book, is it called case binding....? and a really nice small book using a simple stitching technique.  The cover was made from a scrap of leather that used to be a pair of leather trousers!

Bookbinding by Blue Kiln Beads, on Flickr

Inside of hard back book

Hard Back book by Blue Kiln Beads, on Flickr

Small Handbag notebook by Blue Kiln Beads, on Flickr

I've put abit more about the day on my blog  :)
Yvette Goodridge
www.bluekilnbeads.blogspot.com
www.bluekilnbeads.etsy.com

Pandanimal

There is still a lot of moisture in the paper. every time I get it out it starts to curl up again. So I have been getting it out for a few hours and popping it back again!
I did take this photo of one of the pieces.

dinah46

I found some red woollen fabric that I've had for an age and it just shouted xmas stocking at me :D  Gave me an excellent excuse to play

Christmas stockings by dilunah, on Flickr

I'm not so keen on the gingerbread man but it's my 2 year old granddaughters new favourite thing ::)

Angie

A few pics of the art work I created with the student's work at Greenfields special School.

Dragon 1 copy by terrangela, on Flickr

Happiness  copy by terrangela, on Flickr

Happiness close-up copy by terrangela, on Flickr

Crowns copy by terrangela, on Flickr

A bit different from beadmaking!
www.angiesnelling.com
In the future, all will be glass...

Blue Kiln Beads

I've never made a wreath for aour door before.  My mil usually brings us one, then last year I bought one.  I kept all the bits and had a go at making my own this year.  We live opposite a wood which is rammed with holly and ivy etc... Its on the door at the moment, not sure how much of it will be intact when the wind picks up.... ;)

Christmas 2011 002 by Blue Kiln Beads, on Flickr
Yvette Goodridge

Passionatelamper

Whooo I  have been stuffing stitching and sighing  ;D hooked on making Heart Fabric garlands did you watch Kirsti's Christmas Crafts? she made a garland like this or similar. I had to do it. So here it is. My Christmas Garland ready to go over my Ingle nook I am not decorating no point just me...but WILL put this over my fire. It is quite addictive I had some nice Christmassy material left overs so will make another for my Mum's bedroom out the home. I don't suppose she will know it is Christmas but I will.
Pictures aren't that good as it is wide I couldn't find my panoramic settings will look later. When I am more composed.  ;D

DSC_0020 by vonnie.t, on Flickr

DSC_0018 by vonnie.t, on Flickr

DSC_0023 by vonnie.t, on Flickr

etsy-header-dec12 by vonnie.t, on Flickr

Blue Kiln Beads

I have sewn a little coin purse

Coin Purse 005 by Blue Kiln Beads, on Flickr

There are more details on my blog www.bluekilnbeads.blogspot.com if you are interested.
Yvette Goodridge

Emerald

My daughter Freya is  11 tomorrow she dident want the usual quadruple layer death by chocolate cake she wanted to make herself a gingerbread cake!  Its taken her all day with a little hlep putting it together but heres the finished piece  ;D The one slab of gingerbread i made was really soft and is the rood we are praying it will last   the night  :o Freya wanted to put more sweets on but i persuaded her it may not be the best idea ive include  the only decent photo i can get of the windows.  Oh and we couldent find the icing bag so she used one of those squeezy mustard bottles  :o that i use for water

Freyas Gingerbread House by jowalker2368, on Flickr

Untitled by jowalker2368, on Flickr

Jo

www.etsy.com/shop/jowalker68
www.jowalkerstudiojeweller.co.uk
www.flickr.com/account

kathsd

I've made a few of these now, they're a bit of a labour of love as bending the wires takes its toll on your fingers! I made one for my Mum about 20 years ago and it's still going strong. I really hope that the pictures not too huge.  :)

Happy Christmas too you all.
Kath