creative gallery archive 2010

Started by Zeldazog, January 06, 2010, 02:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixiewillow

OK so not drawings and not particularly good but heres my version of zentangle!

and the other side.....

www.pixiewillow.etsy.com
www.pixiewillowdesigns.com
A mans idea of multi tasking is breathing & blinking at the same time.

Pandanimal

Here are some from me, now I have worked out how to scan them in.

that little bead is wonderful. such stringer control! What's "not very good" about it?

polynana

Here's another from me, I called it Easter Parade, not sure why except that it reminded me of an Easter bonnet

Nan xxx

www.polynana.co.uk
www.treasurecraft.co.uk

Zeldazog

The course leader wanted us to all have our stuff photographed as he's submitting a disc to Crafts Magazine and Craft & Design Mag, hoping to get some editorial space...

This was the second piece I made in the Tile series - it is quite similar to the one that one the competition last year, but this time all same clay - looks quite dramatic with the photo lighting eh?

(click to enlarge)

And this one, I showed the original digital print, but I don't know if I showed you that I screen printed it on to glass.  The glass wasn't straight as it was an experimental piece, so we had to play with angles a bit to make it look ok!

(click to enlarge)

The poor photographer obviously hadn't been told what he was coming to shoot, as he had a backdrop that was about 15 feet wide and at least 20 feet long.... and a lot of people's work is smaller than mine.... poor chap didn't half have a back ache when he went...

Zeldazog

(clickable thumbs)

Happy Easter - yum yum!!

(ok, so its actually terracotta clay, but when I was turning them on the drying racks last week they just reminded me of really thick bars of chocolate!)

Zeldazog

Pat, its part of my final project, its going to be a very large wall piece, comprising of thick clay tiles which are the negative spaces in this map:

The piece is for my degree show, but hopefully it will actually be installed in the intended place before then, for assessment - its in a local school, my former school actually, and where my son goes now -they've built a new sixth form block and it is completely devoid of any wall decoration - so I asked them if I could use their space as inspiration for the commission.  They seemed quite taken with the idea, so the work is actually going go in to the school, if the governors like it.

As well the thick clay tiles (which might not be terracotta in final one, they might be black clay, or white/buff) - there will some glass elements to it too.  Originally it was going to be a double layer peice of all square tiles,  but, well things change! 

I now think I am going to highlight areas on the map, such as the schools, the church, etc with the glass elements. Somehow.  Seven weeks to go, hopefully I will get there!

mirri marie

I could never draw and got into trouble at school for my feeble attempts but I do love the fact that you can't go wrong with a doodle! Here are a few of my first ones....

Hope you like!

Chameleon

Doodles on a bead...

I made a transfer from one of my doodley tangly things and ta dah there we have it (and yes I did contemplate trying it with stringer. No i havent done it yet as I think it'll drive me nuts.)

Zeldazog

click for enlarge

This is a mock up I did a few days ago, of what the finished piece might look like in situ.  The tiles will be a deeper, richer colour, and there is still going to be glass elements added.

With tutors, it was agreed that I would try to place the piece in situ for assessment, which is why I contacted the governors, asking for their permission and assistance to install it (we'll need scaffolding and more information on the substance of the walls, and their agreement to drill bloody big holes in their nice new plasterwork), and they've agreed in principle, with the proviso that they can reject it if they don't like it.  It now also might be tied in to a memorial that they want to do for a member of staff who died suddenly -a dedication I suppose.

It took a while to get a reply from the school, so we've now decided that it is going to go into the degree show after all.  This isn't a bad thing really - on the site would have been a better place for a piece of site specific work, BUT, this way the governors have a chance to see the real thing before we cart 50kg of clay, glass, wood and tile cement over to the school.  They'll get to see it in the prestige of a final degree show.  Hopefully, it will also give them confidence in my abilities to construct the piece!

They contacted me this week to ask me to go in on Wednesday for five minutes to the governors sub committee meeting to show them my designs.   They haven't got a clue what it looks like, as the early pictures I sent them of my work are nothing like this!  So I hope it's a pleasant surprise and not a dreadful shock!

I do hope they like it.  

Will keep you updated, took a few more photos of the proper coloured tiles, so will try and get these sorted.

edited to remove the funny little extra bit that was left over from changing the text at some point!

Steampunkglass

Well, as I mentioned on another thread some 8 odd years ago after we moved house I got bored of TV one night and decided to do something about the front door. It was a ghastly shade of not-sure-what which we nick-named 'boiled flesh.' For some mad reason I decided that copper leafing it would be a good idea so set to work...... and to make it harder on myself instead of using it neatly I tore the leaf to make it ragged to give a more haphazard effect.

So, for those who wanted to see it, here it is, it's not worn too badly (I put a lacquer seal over the top) although it's not as bright as it used to be, still bounces the sun in when it sets opposite though which is really nice. Above it is another spot of guilding I did of the Egyptian Goddess Maat, that was a wood block, papyrus with gold leaf over the top, then pigments mixed with ormoline medium.

And yes, in hindsight a pot of paint would have been much more sensible!  :D

elburnzo

Something I made about a month ago and forgot to show! Quite proud of it, first big basketry item I've made and also the first item I've sold.

Basketry is my next biggest passion after jewellery because I get to make storage items for my jewellery with it lol

Hopefully the image wont turn out too big  :-\

chipperpottery

My other hobby/buisness is Ceramics and I have now popped some pictures with my beads onto flicker.
If you have time do have a peek.

Rita

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51048389@N02/4776724073/

Zeldazog

At the end of June, myself and three other students (ex-students I should say!) had a joint stand at Rufford Earth and Fire Ceramics Fair.

I didn't do ever so well (sold one piece, albeit my most expensive, and got an order for a second one)

Here's a pic of the stand:

My work is the tiled pieces at the two sides.  And a bit more detail of a couple of pieces:

I need to go and photograph all the wall art pieces I did, I made several others!

Zeldazog

To put a link in to your website you have to:

Be signed in

If you're on the actual blog page in top right you should see DESIGN.  This is where you add things to your page.

There will be various dotted boxes around the page, showing the page elements.  Click on Add a Gadget and you want to add a LINK LIST

From there, it should be fairly straight-foward?

If you're already in the "Dashboard" you still click on design, but this time the link is underneath the blog title in the main body of the page

HTH?

SilverGems89

I was inspired by our very own Sam to make a patchwork quilt, well im still working on that but in the mean time i made this little test cushion cover to see how my machine would handle quilting, and im so pleased the poor little thing did a really good job! So here it is

and in its new home on my bed (wow now i realise how dusty those blinds are  ::))

The inner is one of my favourite cushions from Ikea, but it never had a removable cover and it was a pain to wash so i've kind of killed 2 birds with one stone now by making it a cover  :D and now it will match my quilt (when its done!)
Oh its really overcast outside today so the colours look a little blah, the pinks are really quite bright IRL!
Im so pleased with how it came out, i havent sewn anything in a number of years and i was so happy i got all the seams to line up nice, now i guess its back to more cutting and sewing on the quilt!