gallery archive 09

Started by Sarah, December 29, 2008, 03:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SallyB

Lovely beads on here everyone
Jennie, yours are amazing.  I think I am officially a fan of your stuff.

Here are some from me.  I'm feeling more worthy of showing after a year of torching. 

Here's a tree bead I made.  It has a tree on both sides:

AND a crack on the top!!!

I sneaked on here to post but had better crack on with the children's baths.  They are a bit messy.  Will post other stuff when I get a chance.

Sally

Bobbo

Thought I'd have a try at something other than beads tonight and thanks to Emmas wonderful tutorial (please note Emma is absolved from all guilt regarding my mangling of her instructions  ;D ) this cow is the result (I'd just like to point out that it most definitely is a cow and not a "cute little doggie" - thanks mum!)

And here is a link to the tutorial:

http://www.beadenvy.co.uk/cow-tutorial.htm

Rob.

Kalorlo

My very first beads!

These are what I made on Friday at my lesson with Jo. The very first is the little black one and they're in order as far as I can remember as you go round.

Things I have discovered:
1) I put at least two in the kiln while they were too hot and they've gone (more) lopsided. Oops!
2) I didn't really get on with the spiralling wraps way of encasing at first go. The 'huge glob'o'glass' way worked better  ;D
3) I love silvered ivory.
4) I think I might end up building rather a large frit collection... It's so pretty!
5) Wanna make more!

Need lots and lots of practice pulling stringers and twistie. It's such a weird-feeling thing to do!

My torch kit is currently being ferried around by ParcelForce as they try to deliver it when someone's in.

(I am testing posting the image from flickr, if it doesn't work I'll link from elsewhere).
ETA: Ok, note to self - change from html to board markup...

pixiewillow

Heres a set I managed yesterday morning....
www.pixiewillow.etsy.com
www.pixiewillowdesigns.com
A mans idea of multi tasking is breathing & blinking at the same time.

Helen G

Yummy beads everyone.
I have spent the morning editing photo's and these are a few sets from this week.

Sometimes I feel I ought to try other things and be a bit more original :-\ but I like making these and people seem to like buying them  ;D

Ness

Fabulous beads again this month, everyone! I've got so much to say but no doubt I'll look back and realise I've forgotten someone..

Vee - love the first dotty beads - they are beautiful and I bet they're even more lovely in 'person'!
Jenny - *gasp* such loveliness!
Krysia - I love the stars - I would want them up all year too!
Tracy - love the storms, I need to try that tute!
Natz - your sets are fab - I'm so impressed that you make so many matching beads - I can only do four or five before I have to make something else!
Bob - Wonderful cow bead - tons of character!
Kalorlo - great first beads - your hooked now! ;) Hello glass addiction!

I am desperate to get back to making beads but have nowhere to torch since we moved.. :'( *sniff*

Can I be naughty and show you something I made in my last session? (not strictly November..well not Nov at all!!)

A 'perky' Goddess: (what I did with her will be in Finished jewellery)

*phew* hog over..
Bye for now!

princess pink

fanatstic beads everyone, particularly love those swirly ones vicki!

Here's a bit of a hog from me ;-)

Shimmer Lentils

Pink Lady & Aurae encased

Dotties

Mountain Dew focal

metaltedgrrl

Hi,
I made a heart I'm quite happy with - using a RedHotSal magazine tutorial to learn the shaping technique...
Even happier that the bead has been bought - my first ever sale!!!
Trying harder every day!

Ilona

I can't believe I am starting this one.

Here are my paultry offerings but I am pleased with them.

Lets see what you have got :)

Annelyse

Gorgeous beads Ilona and Colette!

Here is a set I have made in the last few days

Deesigned Beads

Something new from me ...  Took me while to get all the nitty-gritty right, and to ensure durability and user friendly-ness of the product.

thank your for looking
Diana
Diana
www.deesignedbeads.blogspot.com

turnedlight

Ooh - very intriguing! How did you manage that! :o :)
I had a commission for a bead with silver and gold, and I quite like the effect..

commission for earrings

kathryn.
:)
kathryn

Les

x

~tHePyRoPiXiE~

I've been working crazy on commissions the past few weeks.
Heres a snippet...

So what you lot got?
~ Chrystal ~
www.chrystalrosedesigncrafts.com

Les

Lovely beads ladies :)

I just made this mad cow bracelet... I adore making Emma G cow faces :)