gallery archive 09

Started by Sarah, December 29, 2008, 03:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

I can't believe 2008 is almost over.....

I've been playing with chaos - the chaos hasn't quite come through in this one but I like the effect anyway  :)

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/flameforcefive/3147711904/" ></a>

And inspired by Becky I have become addicted to the Aardvark fishes....

This is my favourite - I'm afraid he ate & drank too much over Christmas - he's gone green, has bloodshot eyes and pink spots on his forehead  ::) ::) ::)

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/flameforcefive/3147722258/" ></a>

Its a fabulous tutorial  :)

Happy New Year everyone

Sarah
xxx

Ilona

Lush!

Ooooh, I wonder what you bought, Jill   ::)

Fabulous fish, Sarah, and great shapes, Ilona   :) :)

I was inspired by some beads on the Zoozis website, I've used the same colours I use in my original Sunbaked beadsets and added spacers.  They took bloomin' ages!

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

June

Love those fishes, Sarah and especially like that red bead with the twisty, Ilona.  Fab seahorse bead, Collette and those heart beads are yummy, Laurie.  ;D

A couple from me that are heading towards the shop at some point !

And a Happy New Year to all  ;D

Lush!

Hazel (Sulis) said she was planning on making a Two Year Bead, so I did one too ... I started this bead at around 20 to midnight last night, 2008 - its a big un, 38mm, so I didn't finish it till about half twelve, 2009.

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Kaz

A few from me....

I am SOOOOO proud of this set! Antique clear, red, turquoise and white

Funky retro dots

A selection of dotty beads including CIM new colour dusk - a lovely colour which seems lavender in some lights and pale brown/grey in others.

CIM dusk and Kugler Violet

New CIM crocus with Beadysam's frit (Fresh I think!)

Have been playing around with stacked dots with bubbles

Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Ilona

Collette your seahorse is so pretty.
Laurie, your murrani and beads are gorgeous.
June both sets are lovely but the top set is my fav.
Misspixie, you must be patient makeing all those, they are lovely.
Julie, I love that bead, it looks very tactile.
Kaz, they all are amazing, but the top set is stunning, surely its a keeper.

I have made some more beads too :)

julieHB

June, your designs are so beautiful with their clean and "simple" designs. Misspixie, lovely bead sets- you have been busy. Lush Julie, gorgeous two-year bead  :) Kaz, wonderful bead sets, that 1st one is amazing, no wonder you are proud! Ilona, more beauties - gorgeous colours. Pamela, wonderful subtle girlie beads  :) Emma, I love the black background - or maybe it's just that your beads are so yummy - love the last boro drops! Sarah, those fish are adorable - you have inspired me to have a go at the Aardvark tut (not nearly as cute as yours, though). I tried to make Nemo, but as it turned out rather wonky and scruffy I have come to understand it's his dubious uncle Fred  ;D ;D:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/9229659@N03/3159335705/" >Nemo's uncle Fred</a>
Julie xx

My Webbie - My Flickr

Josephine

Thought I'd better get in quick. Great work everyone. Love the fish Sarah and Julie. Lots of nice beads from you Ilona. Collette great seahorse. Love the murrine Laurie. June I like your top set best. Nice flowers Miss Pixie. Kaz, I always love chocolate and turquoise together. Pam lovely sets especially the top and bottom ones.Love the boro drops, I haven't tried out my Northstar pack yet. Great chaos bead Di.

I think thats everyone.

Here is a new set from me. I had a final year photographic student round to give me some tips this morning. I'm really pleased with the result, all I did with these pictures was crop them, no colour adjustment necessary.

Kaz

Just squeaking a few more in....

Japanese Garden - Kugler glass with frit mix by Sunrise Frits

Green rick rack beads - nile green with silvered ivory and transparent aqua dots

(Have just made some more of these in purple!)

These are becoming a bit of a habit!

And a new big whopper!

Kaz

She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

Sarah

Cool fish Sandy - the one on the left looks set for revenge  :)

I meant to post this focal last week but forgot  ::)

I love the colours in this - they were inspired by the colours of the shrubland at Manzanar National Park in California. We visited last year - there is a very sad story to Manzanar which you may know from the book Snow Falling on Cedars. There is more info about Manzanar here:

www.nps.gov/manz
www.manzanar.com/information.php

Sarah
xxx

LesleyMac

I love the fish Sandy, especially the one on the right.
Gorgeous focal Sarah, love the colour.

At last some from me

A new ivory goddess

A mask bead

Lesley
Everyone is gifted, its just that some leave the wrapping on longer than others
(Richard Wilkins)

My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5469196

Josephine

Good to see you back Lesley, beautiful work as always.
Great bead Sarah.

Here is a set and a focal from me.

Beads-Me

I played a bit with doublehelix glass. It's terrible to make a good picture of it (at least for me).