Main Menu

hollow rods

Started by TALIZMAN, February 18, 2008, 12:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TALIZMAN

I saw some of these at kaz's place at the weekend, but didn't really know for what purpose they were intended.... just like a tube of glass really....?

*rowanberry*

did it have a pearlescent sheen to it? is so that is seeded glass and is very special and lovely and goes all bubbly!

If not it might just be glass tubing which can be used for all different funky things, bottles and vessels! I am after some 104 tubes at the mo...
Claire

Kaz

It is seeded glass - there were just 2 rods and I have both of them as no-one took them (evil laugh ;D). I made a little pair of beads yesterday and they are really cute - like tizer in a bead!!! Where can we get more???
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

*rowanberry*

I so LOVE seeded glass! I am after some more actually myself - totally obsessed with it! The only place I can find it is http://www.morettiandmore.net

In answer to your question Heidi,
it does this rather special bubbly effect and is lovely on a dark background:
Claire

June

They're rather nice, Claire !   ;D ;D

garishglobes

They're lovely.
There was some on ebay a couple of days ago, but listing is now ended - don't know if seller has more..

Kaz

Looks very interesting Claire - if you are doing a Moretti and More order before Towcester let me know and I could then add some stuff and share the postage/customs and collect from you then?
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

glassworks

i have about 6 colours here - we have a limited stck so we have not listed them.. i have a big order going into effetre today or tomorrow if anyone wants to let me know if there is demand for this?.. bear in mind i have to buy at least 22lb's per colour!!..

;D

Kaz

Q - I wouldn't want 22lbs but I am certainly interested  ;D - I liked the effect and it was quite easy to work. (You see I was in daring mode yesterday!) How much is it? Is it possible to put a mixed pack - say 2 rods of each colour to one side for me - I will be ordering some stuff (opalinos) after payday!
Kaz

TALIZMAN

hmmm - that looks nice.....! I like it!!!

I'm going to my "class" this coming weekend and then I'll be home I think to turn my HH on (for the 2nd time.....) I think i've played now on more 'proper' torches than my own!! hehehehe (evil cackle).

My dad told me ages ago about an oxycon that he knew someone (who had died) had.... I told him to get it if he could.... just spoke to him before and it went in the skip!!!!! (he wasn't quick enough and this guys family just had a mass clearout!) Aaaargh!

glassworks

yep, we can do mixed packs of a few rods of each colour, up to say 250gms?..

8)

GoodMonkey

Quote from: glassworks on February 18, 2008, 02:41:22 PM
yep, we can do mixed packs of a few rods of each colour, up to say 250gms?..

8)

I would like a mixed pack too.  Do you have it in stock now?  I am putting an order in with you this evening.

Sal

Wow Claire-they are gorgeous! One day, when I have money (haha!) I'd love to have a go with some of this  ;D

♥♥Tan♥♥

It is fantastic glass to work with but beware its shocky as hell so go slowly to begin with and its a dream ;D

*rowanberry*

Tan is right, its a right shocky little glass - and a booby-burn risk!  :-[  ::) But start slow and melt slowly and its okay, possibly pre-warm.

Q, i'd be interested if you stocked this - it's actually my most favourite glass!!! I'd happily get a lot in one go, depending on cost. 1/2 - 1kilo of the aqua and 1/4kilo of each of the other colours.

If you had any in stock at the mo, even a few rods that we could order in time for sundays meet that would be good :D

Heidi! OMG! an oxycon in the skip! nooooooooooooooooooo! Hell if you got that I could have even leant you my spare minor burner until you got your own!
Claire