Main Menu

hollow rods

Started by TALIZMAN, February 18, 2008, 12:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stacy

mmmmm - these look lovely - I would also be on the interested list!!!

dangerousbead

I'd be interested in a rod or two of the seeded glass, how would it be if we put a bulk order in through one of us and sort it out at the next get together? Or is that too complicated?

Kaz "Cooked HAnd GAng"   :D ;D :D ;D :D   I love it !   Maybe that could be our collective name.

dinah46

Quote from: dangerousbead on February 20, 2008, 01:15:44 PM
I'd be interested in a rod or two of the seeded glass, how would it be if we put a bulk order in through one of us and sort it out at the next get together? Or is that too complicated?

Kaz "Cooked HAnd GAng"   :D ;D :D ;D :D   I love it !   Maybe that could be our collective name.

I think that sounds a good idea, I could wait until April

Jolanda

Quote from: *rowanberry* on February 18, 2008, 01:10:29 PMIf not it might just be glass tubing which can be used for all different funky things, bottles and vessels! I am after some 104 tubes at the mo...

Would you tell us when/if you find those, please... I am looking for some 104 tubing to make balls with...

*rowanberry*

I found these:
http://www.howacoglasssupplycompany.com/glaskolben_tubes.html
These are sealed end thingummies but look interesting!

(howaco is ace btw! I just bought black nebula & green envy from her sooo cheap and the shipping was hardly anything!)
Claire

*rowanberry*

Lauscha also does tubing I know, but its a pig to find someone stocking it!
Claire

TALIZMAN

oh to win the lottery eh!!?

*rowanberry*

Claire

Kaz

howaco looks a really good site - their price for stringer is excellent as well. I will be ordering I think......
Kaz
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

*rowanberry*

I bought all of my tools etc from them when I started. They are my fave US supplier. I fancy some of their glow frit next :D
Claire

TALIZMAN

glow frit?

is that like glow in the dark - cos that WOULD be cool

*rowanberry*

It certainly is!!!!! Imagine how cool a night sky bead would be with that :D
Claire

glassworks

we'll make up some mixed packs and stick them on the shop.. and i have a fair supply of lauscha tube, thin wall only and about 10-15mm diam?..   ;D ;D

*rowanberry*

Any time we need to order by tonight Q to get it in time for the bash on Sunday? I sure want some of that there tubing... both seeded and lauscha...

I've been reading up on soda lime glass tubing today actually, seems that Schott do a range of tubing in 90coe & anneals at 530c (ie compatible with Bullseye) tubing in different diameters and thicknesses and say its suitable for artistic applications & xmas decorations. Its Schott's AR-Glass range.... now to find someone who stocks it in sensible quantities, and at a price I can afford.
Claire

Revontulet

Quote from: glassworks on February 20, 2008, 04:50:10 PM
we'll make up some mixed packs and stick them on the shop.. and i have a fair supply of lauscha tube, thin wall only and about 10-15mm diam?..   ;D ;D

Are they there yet...... ;D
Dawn