Frit-Happens !
December 12, 2019, 12:25:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
your ad here
News:
Where are you?? Add yourself to the NEW FHF map here  | On flickr? Join our Frit Happens group: here

VISIT THE WIKI HERE
Get FH Status updates via twitter @FritHappens

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: finished jewellery 2014  (Read 50277 times)
andrew.spencer.2
New Forum Member

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2014, 04:26:30 PM »

Last weekend we saw a guy selling these at the Cardiff food fest, I could tell my wife really liked it (she's a vet, really has a thing for pigs). I didn't buy it for her though, when we got home I did a bit of research, found some old 1920's Irish half pennies on the internet, then a couple of busted jeweller's saw blades and some tedious viking knit later, ta-daa! She gets home tomorrow, can't wait till she sees it! Cheesy
JanieD
Forum Member

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 10:12:00 AM »

Finished another commission recently for a friend's sister.

Organics Necklace Full by fecklepie, on Flickr

The lampwork beads, bead caps, clasp and extender chain are all handmade. All the beads went in the tumbler - I'm trying to avoid etching when I can.
I haven't had any problems with losing bits of silver (yet!).

Jane

Yeske
Forum Member

Silver and gemstones <3

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2014, 02:40:25 AM »

Hello everyone! Long time no see - I haven't touched the torch in a month (and then only to finish a necklace that I promised to someone), but I've been into wire-work for some time now.

I'm currently in Czech Republic (or how do you say it in English? We Dutch call it TsjechiŽ) on vacation, but before I went there, I made this piece of jewellery. I'm quite proud of it so I wanted to show it to you - I feel that I'm getting better and better at wire-work.

I'm really getting into silver smithing and other 'raw' techniques, and I'm thinking about doing a workshop or course on gem cutting! (I love gemstones and I would love to learn more about them and to work with them). I guess that lampwork just wasn't really my thing (what with my unstable hands and fear of fire hahahah) Sad But now I have a new focus. What do you think?

Irene
Forum Member

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 10:28:54 AM »

I have made a New bracelet, its for a good friend of mine as a late birthday present. I'm not good at making my beads into Jewelry, mostly because most of my beads are Experiments of some kind.  I think I will try to make a similar one for myself, but perhaps choose only Three or so different kinds of beads.

JanieD
Forum Member

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2014, 08:34:44 AM »

I've had this pair beads on my bench for months now, and finally got round to making them into earrings today.
They are Effetre medium amber (I think), Purple Rose frit and silver foil. I have sealed the copper wire so my ears don't go green Smiley

Frit Earrings_2 by fecklepie, on Flickr

Jane

Irene
Forum Member

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2014, 11:40:20 AM »

Here is a New necklace I just finished. This is to be a gift for my sister I think. I haven't sold any of my Jewelry as of yet, as I still feel I'm a novice at bead making and only want to sell Perfect beads. I also find it hard to set a price, People have asked to buy a couple of Things that I have worn my self, and I don't even know what would be a decent price. I have read the threads in here about pricing, and it is not easy to decide.

BeeBeads
Forum Member

Still here!

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2014, 12:21:29 PM »

That's really lovely, Irene.  I think the beads are gorgeous - what a lucky sister!

helbels
Proudly achieving mediocrity since Sept 2009.
Forum Member

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2014, 12:51:11 PM »

There's nowt wrong with those beads - they look lovely and your dot placement looks very good x

Moira HFG
Half Full Glass
Forum Member

Ever the optimist

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2014, 02:08:15 PM »

Wow, that's gorgeous!
I love beads with nipples  Cheesy

I can't offer advice on pricing, I'm rubbish at it.

Margram
Temperature's rising
Forum Member

Glass in pocket

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2014, 02:50:46 PM »

Well, that is a really professional and beautiful necklace - your sister is very lucky! Don't price too low! Wink

Pat from Canvey
Only a little bit odd
Forum Member

Keep on blowing

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2014, 03:53:41 AM »

Looking at the beads in that necklace, I'd say you're a novice no longer.

Lynnybobs
Forum Member

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2014, 05:47:17 AM »

Wow that is absolutely beautiful Irene and what a lucky sister you have Smiley
Totally agree with Pat - there is nothing novice about those lovelies they look perfect to me !

Lynnybobs
----x----
Irene
Forum Member

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2014, 05:53:38 AM »

Thank you so much for your kind remarks. Coming from you all so skilled beaders it means a lot.
Skyblue
Forum Member

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2014, 08:39:44 AM »

I love the necklace Irene and I agree your beads are lovely ! You should feel confident in selling them . Smiley As for pricing I ask for what I think I would pay for something myself, and if it doesn't sell I reduce the price after a while. But I still find it hard to know what to charge.

Irene
Forum Member

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2014, 10:33:42 AM »

And here is another necklace I made. Experimenting With the montage.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: