gallery archive 14

Started by highgardenbeads, December 31, 2013, 09:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonyb

Some from me to kick the week off...

IMG_6605 by Latonyura, on Flickr

www.beadables.co.uk

Pat from Canvey

One of the things we had to make at the Wesley Fleming class was a dragonfly. Mine was wobbly and twisted so I attempted to remake it at home. After burning my fingers and dropping it a few times, I finally was able to remake it. It hasn't been annealed so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this one doesn't break. It's tail up because that was what was wanted by Wesley.

Beadbug

I have been having a little play with ceramics and have made some ceramic buttons   ;D

MyPrecious

Nice work so far!

Here's a little contribution from me... These were made for a wedding in Miami. :)

Lantern Glow by Kathryn Greer, on Flickr

Lantern Glow by Kathryn Greer, on Flickr
Kathy

My website

DementedMagpie

Kathy's, your florals are gorgeous as ever.

Pat, that dragonfly is beautiful! All proportions, and the pose it's in are just spot on. How big is it?

This is something I have finally got around to doing, after not quite starting it properly for a few months. Not sure what I'll do with them yet, but I'm going to do more with this design. They're about 3 cm long.

And another choker (as a present for someone):

Kathy

Blog - Flickr - Etsy - Facebook

GaysieMay

Beautiful show, here are some of my latest Ladies!

image by GaysieMay, on Flickr
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

Pat from Canvey

The dragonfly is 14.5 cm. Here's the next phase of remakes. My beetle in Wesley's class broke apart completely but I've now made another.

It's a poor beatle as it's only got 5 legs. One fell off and rather than risk this one breaking apart before it was annealed, I've decided to live with it. There are other errors because I find it easier to look at an actual sculpture or picture rather than read my written instructions. That's just the way I am.

Pat from Canvey

I also managed to recreate the red fish this afternoon, The side fin looks a bit odd because it's pointing directly at the camers. The bit of clear on the bottom is just a prop.

Pat from Canvey

At the GBUK meet up at Teresa and Martin's, he did some impromptu demos and a murrini pendant of his really caught my eye. I've tried one or two and this second one is better but nowhere as good as Martin's. I'll just have to keep trying. Maybe I need to get the clear more liquid. The gap in the middle was not intentional  ::)  ::)  ::) Nor was the wonky bail.

Pat from Canvey

Thanks. This is my feeble attempt at a wasp with only one wing at present. The other broke off as I was attempting to place it.
I don't know if I can bear to attempt another. This one fell apart a few times as I was making it.  ::)  ::)  ::)

Pat from Canvey

Someone this afternoon, no names no pack drill, challenged me to make a flamingo. This is my first attempt, At least it stands up unaided.

mel

That's a very waspy wasp, even with one wing!
I have some spontaneous beads after my summer break.
slim by melanie.ingledew, on Flickr

Green by melanie.ingledew, on Flickr

What a mesh by melanie.ingledew, on Flickr
Laughinglass Lampwork Beads

marklaird

Been playing today after watching Teresa last Saturday

dragonfly lampwork by Marklaird, on Flickr

Need to practise

spexy

I've just realised there doesn't seem to be a gallery for this week.

I was particularly pleased with the colour of these headpins

red bellflower headpins by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

and these poppy headpins were a custom order. I think I will make some more as they came out rather well.

Poppy headpins by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

Pat from Canvey

Here's my latest effort but have to own up that the rear two legs at the top of the picture sheared from the body so are glued. The rest is in one piece although the legs are still wonky. Must try harder.