gallery archive 14

Started by highgardenbeads, December 31, 2013, 09:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaysieMay

They are lovely Helen, especially the lustre ones at the bottom!

I made a couple of 'Ladies what Lunch' beads and a lucky black cat!

image by GaysieMay, on Flickr
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

Tonyb

Have been practicing....Some from me

IMG_6251 by Latonyura, on Flickr

IMG_6238 by Latonyura, on Flickr

IMG_6216 by Latonyura, on Flickr

IMG_6211 by Latonyura, on Flickr

www.beadables.co.uk

Irene

Great beads this week as well! I have tried some flowers for the first time, and I finally managed to make a striped bead. I have a couple of questions you can help me With. How do i cover the base petals completely With the encasing colour? Its always some white that isn't covered by the transparent. And how do I prevent the base color bleeding out on top of the encasing on the striped bead. This happens near the mandrel.

GaysieMay

Exciting starting a new week's Gallery

Just made a few pieces of jewellery with my Aphrodite Beads.

:)
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com

Pat from Canvey

I had a go at making an elephant bead from scrap stained glass, Will use 104 glass next time  ::)  ::)  ::)

GaysieMay

Well as there didn't seem to be a Gallery last week I'll start the ball rolling this week. Here are some of my Ladies What Lunch beads - my fave is the lass with the skew whiff glasses - one too many sherbets!
There are also some if my cats one if which is dressed and ready for it's new owner!

Handmade lampwork by gaysiemay by GaysieMay, on Flickr

Handmade lampwork necklace by gaysiemay by GaysieMay, on Flickr

Thanks for looking, so what has everyone else been up to?
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com

Pat from Canvey

I had a go at making an orchid flower. It's a bit difficult to photograph so I've taken two pictures.

It's from an orchid plant I was given at Christmas by the parents of my youngest son's partnet. The sepals are a bit out of alignment but on the whole, I'm happy.

marklaird

Superb gallery this week everyone. Pat I love your orchid. You always make some wonderful items. Gay, your ladies and cats beads are so cute. The right hand cat reminds me of Top Cat. Trudi the rainbows look so good with the sun shining through them.
I've been fusing again this week as I find I can fit it in better around work.

image by Marklaird, on Flickr
Mark

helbels

Mark, love the final version of your beach scene - looks fab - did you decide not to slump it in the end?
Pat - wonderful orchid, I wouldn't know where to start making one of them!! :o
Trudi, all gorgeous, but particularly love the rainbows.  I'm a sucker for rainbows!
Gay, fab as always, find it hard to choose between the ladies and the pussycats for which I like best.

I've actually got some beads to share here before Facebook, which is a rarity these days:

IMG_0133 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

IMG_0127 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

ajda

Great gallery so far... Pat, I so admire your range - always something new. I'm just hooked on boro eggs, so more of the same - here's one fresh out of the kiln, taking the early morning sun at one of my outdoor photo studios, a little bay about a mile away called Monk Haven. It's a weird colour combo - bit like marshmallows with seaweed - but nice patterns...

And here are a few more from the last couple of weeks...

Alan
www.ajdalampwork.etsy.com

Dee Dee

I just love the ladies, and the wonky glasses one is my fave too - she's had one too many, meethinks! :D
The rainbows are incredible Trudi, would like see a pic with the whole thing :D
Fantastic orchid Pat, looks very lifelike! :D
The fuse plaque is fab Mark!  Will look great on a wall :D
Lovely sets Helen, specially the red and black set :D
WOW Alan, they are all fantastic - amazing effects in them :D

I have been doing lots of sandblasting...sorry for the hog, haven't shown anything for a while ;D

spexy

Looks like I get to start this week.

I've been making some cute little acorn headpins. I am really pleased with how they came out.

Acorn headpins by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

Ciel

Irene

Love the acorns! They would look great on Christmas ornaments! I think I will try to copy them for my self if that's OK? Magma Your beads are allways so great! Love Your beads Ciel, especially the lentil With the Nice decoration

Yesterday a shipment of new glass arrived, and I had to try a few of the new glass. This is my very first little lady, using CIM Ghee. It came out a lot darker than expected, but there are some lighter spots that gives promise that it is possible to keep it on the yellow side, which was what I wanted really, not this dark almost brown colour. Quite pleased With the lady, not a goddess yet, but on the right track.

Trudi

I bought some of the Ice Floe ..

Ice Floe by Glittering Prize - Trudi, on Flickr

it's a beauty and etches like a dream!