gallery archive 14

Started by highgardenbeads, December 31, 2013, 09:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highgardenbeads

Can't believe I'm starting my first gallery - let me know if there's something I've done wrong - also we seem to have skipped the week of Christmas...
Here are pictures of two Christmas gift commissions I did for friends.  I'm really happy with them - one is a necklace and the other four bracelets for four little sisters.

Commission Necklace by Tavy Bead Gallery, on Flickr

Commission bracelets by Tavy Bead Gallery, on Flickr

spexy

Lovely jewellery, I especially like the ivory and blue bracelet.

I'm getting ready for Valentine's Day and have been making red heart headpins on copper wire.

red heart headpins copper-fb by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

Sarah

What a lovely start to 2014- I particularly like Gaynor's pink frit beads  :) it's been a while since I showed but the torch/kiln/photo stars are in line just now so here are my first beads of 2014....

Untitled by Flame Force Five, on Flickr

Sarah
Xxx

mel

Have had lots go in the bucket recently, but was quite pleased with this one.

valentine lantern by melanie.ingledew, on Flickr
Laughinglass Lampwork Beads

Sarah

Oh that's a lovely colour combination Mel. I've been playing with casting in colour de verre moulds and am getting a bit obssessed.

Sarah
Xxx

Snowflake Bowl by Flame Force Five, on Flickr

Aralia leaf by Flame Force Five, on Flickr

Starfish by Flame Force Five, on Flickr

Sarah
Xxx

flowerjasper

Beautiful bead Mel,
Sarah just love the aralia leaf,
This year I have promised myself more time to make beads and be active here,
so here are a few of this years new ones, mixing silver glass

nye2013 020 by Flowerjasper2, on Flickr

2014 002 by Flowerjasper2, on Flickr
and its always good to make old faves, tiger beads

2014 009 by Flowerjasper2, on Flickr
sandy

Pat from Canvey

This is a pot melt heart made with red and white opaque bullseye flat glass cut into pieces. The melt was into a cut out heart shape in vermiculite board. I've ground and fire polished the edges.

Now for the ridiculous. I wanted to make a penguin. Don't ask why.

The head sheared off while making the tail and feet and this necessitated cooling, reheating and reattaching the head which looked much better before it sheared off. It also didn't help that I picked up the wrong dark rod whilst re assembling the head and beak. I at least have a better idea in what order to assemble the next penguin if I make one. He's just under 51mm tall.

DementedMagpie

Lots of lovely things already, and it's only Tuesday lunchtime!
I love Sarah's green leaf in particular. And Mel's bead, which made me look at it quite closely - I couldn't quite tell at first if those dots were raised concentric circles viewed at an angle or flatter overlapping ones, I like that effect.

I've been fairly busy at the torch over Christmas. Attempted a wigwag for the first time:

These were done on a cab mandrel and have nuts stuck in the back, like ring toppers. They're intended a part of another project, which I'll share if/when I actually do it.

And also I noticed that I didn't have a pair of black dangly earrings, so here's what I did the remedy this. First version on the left, second version (the one that ended up as earrings) on the right.

Kathy

Blog - Flickr - Etsy - Facebook

helenfc

What a lovely start to the week! Pat, that penguin is brilliant  ;D

I've been playing with presses...

Heart of Sakura by helenfchalmers, on Flickr

Country Lentils II by helenfchalmers, on Flickr

Hearts of Cherokee by helenfchalmers, on Flickr

Sakura Lentils by helenfchalmers, on Flickr

Thanks for looking xx

SMHBuss

Great show!

Here are a few from me....

16 by Moonlight Beads, on Flickr

20 by Moonlight Beads, on Flickr

17 by Moonlight Beads, on Flickr

19 by Moonlight Beads, on Flickr

Thanks!

The Tartan Trout

Lovely work everyone :) I've been practicing my dots this week. 4 new ones, although I was struggling to get the red one to photograph.

Very girly to start with :)

IMG_5281 by The Tartan Trout, on Flickr

These ones is about 2.3cms I made a whole set mixing up these colours and they remind me of Marakesh and warmth and sun  :D

IMG_5285 by The Tartan Trout, on Flickr

IMG_5320 by The Tartan Trout, on Flickr

And to finish a lovely blue one :)

IMG_5300 by The Tartan Trout, on Flickr

flowerjasper

Guess its me to start the gallery for this week.
Nothing new from me, just some acorns, although I must say I was really pleased with the brown ones  ;D

2014 014 by Flowerjasper2, on Flickr
and sherwood forest

2014 019 by Flowerjasper2, on Flickr
sandy

Chameleon

helenfc

Hello lovelies! Sandi I love love love the acorns they are just so you, such a lovely style! Becky that Sakura flower is to die for, I feel a  bit embarrassed following it, but hey!  ;)

I'm still loving my lentil press -

Tehran Lentils by helenfchalmers, on Flickr

xx

Kaz

Love the acorns and the lentils. The box is superb Becky!
Some from me this week

IMG_3787 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr

IMG_3801 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr

IMG_3782 by Kaz ~ CheekyCherubDesigns, on Flickr

Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!