gallery archive 14

Started by highgardenbeads, December 31, 2013, 09:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelly

Those are all stunning, i hope i can get that good some day.

I made these last week following a tutorial from here, they are my first that have come out so well am really pleased, unfortunately two broke in the kiln.  just a silly question, what do you do with all your beads that you make?  do you sell them as beads or make them into something?

Studio Girl

Finally sorted out Flickr thanks to some lovely ladies on here
so a bit of a hog hope you don't mind

lovable lampwork 004 by Lovable Lampwork, on Flickr

lovable lampwork 002 by Lovable Lampwork, on Flickr

lovable lampwork 004 by Lovable Lampwork, on Flickr

lovable lampwork 006 by Lovable Lampwork, on Flickr

018 by Lovable Lampwork, on Flickr

004 by Lovable Lampwork, on Flickr

spexy

Love that heart Madeline x

I'm still making headpins, this is what I got up to yesterday. I made some dotty drops, some emerald green leaves and experimented with some different colours, a special red and white heart headpin and I had a play at making some rosebud headpins -never made these before, haven't quite worked out how to make a matching pair yet though.

new headpins 30-1 by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

GaysieMay

Beautiful beads love the little heart headpin especially!

I'm more pleased with the photograph than the bead on this one - only wish I knew how I'd done it!

Bronzed by GaysieMay, on Flickr
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

Jennie Lamb

Hi Guys, I have been away for an age....got sucked into Facebook..... :o
Great Gallery today, Kathy very beautiful florals as always x Linda those headpins are fab I love them, Margret loving your colour choices so bright what a fab range.  Madeline beautiful hearts, Collette great colours, Trudi Yum and Shelly what a fab bead for someone who has just started....I have just made a water feature mosaic of all my old beads, cracked and not up to scratch...... ;)

Here are a few of my beads for this year....sorry for the hog in advance.  Hope to be abit better this year at keeping up in here.   And Hello! to everyone I haven't met yet!!

So starting with a Lentil...love this shape only press I have!!

Still doing these decorative beads but they are growing in size.. ::)

These are the smaller size Raspberry Beads all about 2.5cm/3cm in diameter and width  :o

And these are the Whoppers...calling them Valentine Beads as they are a labour of love....around an hour and abit each one and 4cm in width and about 3.8cm in height  ;D ;) :o ::)

This one is a 3D bead incased in a frame and made into a pendant.....

Bought Amanda's Concetric Circle tutorial and had some fun playing with it and used it with a twist rather than a cabachon had a play with marbles and pendants having had a crash course in Marble making from David.....thank you Mango!!

Thank you for allowing me to swamp the page!  Have a good week melting everyone  ;)  Jennie x

hopejacare

Excited newbie here.....ordered my kiln and had a lovely day playing today. As you can see lots of practice needed on shaping but have been using some of the twisties I've had fun making recently.....life is good. Can't wait till the kiln arrives. Cheers Claire x

helenfc

Just gorgeous everyone, especially Jennie's Valentines beads :)
I'm tucked up with the lurgy so finally got some time to put up photos, still loving the lentil press!

Cherokee Lentils by helenfchalmers, on Flickr

Reverse Country Ceramic by helenfchalmers, on Flickr

Tabriz Lentils by helenfchalmers, on Flickr

xx

spexy

Brilliant beads Claire and Helen, I love those lentils.

I was having such fun yesterday I didn't want to stop but the kiln was a little bit full and it was 11.300pm.

First up I perfected my little rose headpins and yes I do mean little. Apologies for the state of my thumb!

flower headpins by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

pink rosebud headpins by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

Then I got to making some discs and rings, a little bit of enamel here and a few dots there. I love these.....

brown rings by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

and these

orange-brown rings by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

and finally I went freeform, I just played and grabbed whatever glass was to hand. I have some ideas for these  ;)

assorted beads by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

Trudi

Love love love the blue and orange set Helen!

I was asked to make some rainbow bubble beads ...

Rainbow Bubble Bead Earrings (3) by Glittering Prize - Trudi, on Flickr

Shirley

I'm going to try to be more active in the gallery here. Here's one of my favourite combinations of frit and silver.

Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

helbels

There's some scrumptious stuff here this week!  Shirley's already been complimented on her lovely frit beads, Trudi, those rainbows are gorgeous, Linda, those roses are so dainty and pretty and Helen, love the orange and turquoise lentils.

I haven't torched much since Christmas, but starting to get back into it.  Here are two sets I made this week:

IMG_0939 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

IMG_0934 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

helbels

Hi All

Looks like I'm first this week.

This first set was jointly inspired by Trudi and partly by a photo I saw on Facebook this week:

IMG_0955 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

And the second was just to restock my Etsy shop, as dotty always seem to be popular, made with Sasha's Silver, which I'm never really too sure how to use!:

IMG_0949 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

flowerjasper

lovely sets Helen,
the hearts are beautiful Gaynor, is that the new DH glass on the second picture of the hearts?
lovely oil on water colours  :D
Here are all the ladybirds that were commissioned for a christening, me being me had to throw in a yellow one  ;D they are all now on the favour boxes ready for Saturday.
second mention for Trudi, when I googled ladybird beads hers inspired these.

feb 027 by Flowerjasper2, on Flickr
sandy