gallery archive 14

Started by highgardenbeads, December 31, 2013, 09:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephine

Lovely work everyone. Gorgeous Helen. Cute badger Gaynor. You must have been seeing ladybirds in your sleep after that lot Sandy.

I haven't posted here for ages but I'm back fulltime lampworking now (hopefully for good, only 18 months until I need to be supporting myself completely so it might need a couple of days a week in Tesco's or somewhere, but hopefully not). Anyway here are a few of the things I've been upto in the last week or so.
edgon heath4 by Josephine Wadman, on Flickr

carmanor2 by Josephine Wadman, on Flickr

springtide1 by Josephine Wadman, on Flickr

syrinx by Josephine Wadman, on Flickr

SallyB

Lovely beads on here. I must say how impressed I am too by Avalon Designs' gorgeous photography.

I made this set last week but haven't posted on here for ages and thought I would share these:

Spring beads by BumblinBeads, on Flickr

I also made this bead which I'm particularly pleased with:

Tree bead 1 by BumblinBeads, on Flickr

I managed to put a tree on each side with no cracks appearing. Doing both sides is good I think because of how often a pendant will turn when you are wearing it and it ensures I warm both sides of the lentil reducing my chances of cracks.

This is the other side:

Tree bead other side of 1 by BumblinBeads, on Flickr

Sally

Helen G

I've not posted in ages either, great to see so many lovely beads.

These are my favorites from last week

IMG_0155 by Helen G Beads, on Flickr

0583434 by Helen G Beads, on Flickr

spexy

Beautiful Helen, not sure I want to follow those but as these rings were inspired by you anyway. Here goes......

I've made myself a necklace. These etched dark multi rings are a perfect match for a top I have. I bought these metal cages a while ago in a sale £1.25 for a huge bag, I didn't go what I was going to do with them but I knew they would come in useful one day  ;) Threaded on some rubber thong.

dark multi ring necklace by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

GaysieMay

Loving this weeks Gallery - those hearts are particularly delicious and I can see why you are hanging onto the necklace Linda.

Here is a brooch I've been working on

Winter's Charm by GaysieMay, on Flickr

I've been adding to my 'ladies what lunch' series - I have another two in the kiln - I've started naming them with stringer on the back!  I can't wait to see Mavis tomorrow!  :)

ladies what lunch 104 by GaysieMay, on Flickr
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

spexy

Oops, just checked and it was light multi not dark, sorry.

I had a request for some gothic black rose headpins

black glass rose headpins by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

and I've been playing around with some new toggle clasp ideas.

new toggle clasps by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

Studio Girl

So many fabulous beads on here this week
so this is a very meager offering

lovable lampwork 008 by Lovable Lampwork, on Flickr

Redhotsal

Wow - I haven't posted much on here for a while - but what great work everyone has put up, lovely hearts, Studio girl  :). I particularly love the florals and hearts of Helen G, Gay's gorgeous brooch, Linda's wonderful work (is there nothing you can't turn your hand to, Linda?  ;) ). But everyone's work is really lovely - trouble with posting this late in the week I can't remember all everyone's names on the list - but so much gorgeous bead p0rn - lovely to see from everyone.
Got a large knob for my new door - just debating whether or not it will stand up to the winter gales and the summer horde of kids if I put it on the outside of the door. It's maybe the biggest knob (fnarrr!  ;D) I've ever made. Sorry, bit of a picture hog:

doorknob3 by redhotsalbeads, on Flickr

doorknob2 by redhotsalbeads, on Flickr

doorknob1 by redhotsalbeads, on Flickr

Jennie Lamb

Wow! What a glorious week...can I sneak in before it ends!

Have a good week next week....bit stormed out in Devon....stay safe everyone!

GaysieMay

Totally delicious gallery, that dish of beads looks good enough to eat Jennie!

Here are my 'Ladies what Lunch' - so far - I have a feeling there are more to come!

Mavis et al 072 by GaysieMay, on Flickr
www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

flowerjasper

Lets hope this weeks gallery will be as great as last weeks  ;D
A  few new ones from me to get the glassy ball rolling (marble?)

denim 001 by Flowerjasper2, on Flickr

denim 012 by Flowerjasper2, on Flickr
and these,

denim 008 by Flowerjasper2, on Flickr
sandy

helbels

Gorgeous beads Sandy, love the top set too!

I have three sets to show.  The first is a cute array of little pastel rounds:

IMG_0967 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

Second are some frit beads made with Val Cox Montmartre from Shirley:

IMG_0964 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

And finally some crystal beads which I made to test the new DH Thallo.  I have to say I only had an initial play, but I'd be hard pushed to tell the difference between it and Gaia.  It was kind of weird to work too.. was very resistant to reducing even when I blasted it with a large reduction flame for quite a while....

IMG_0973 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

Helen G

Great start to the gallery, love the first set of yours Sandy and the green set of yours are pretty Helen, this Thallo keeps calling me so may have to treat myself  ::)

This disc bead wasn't on the "to do" list but the moment grabbed me.

disc by Helen G Beads, on Flickr

Jennie Lamb

Sandy love that first set, Helen W beautiful and talking of Thallo I am in LOVE with it!! as you can see....Helen G that is simply stunning!   Double Helix all the way for me this week!