Main Menu

Jellyfish and other boro

Started by Kalorlo, August 20, 2013, 02:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalorlo

I've put these up elsewhere, but I think I have enough now to start a thread...

I got out my boro  ;D

I've been joining in Mary K's jellyfish thread on LE that has lots of different techniques for making them. These are gradually getting better!

(Minor, one increasingly wimpy oxycon that I really ought to check the tubing on, but it still *goes* y'know? Taking it to bits would use up my torch time...)

The first one was too big to do anything with in a reasonable time - I scaled down after that. Here they are in order.

Jelly 5 with the greenish background gets worn  ;D I am working on my tentacles.

Fizzy fuzzy marble. This is its good angle.

Essex Girl

Karen
x

garishglobes

Looks like you've had fun!  :)  I've been keeping half an eye on that thread - it's fun seeing how things are progressing and I like that she's moved on to floral compressions  :)

I love clear backgrounds for jellyfish but I have to say that I'm also a big fan of the sea-like colours of the frit backings and I really like the caramel-coloured one with the green background

Kalorlo

Thank you! Yes, I like the coloured backgrounds for pendants. Even if they add a significant amount of working time at the moment. I think the fritty one needed something else in the gaps because the dots are rather distracting as it is.

Steampunkglass

Lovely jellyfish! I've not looked at LE for ages, interesting as I've never tried the implosion way of making them (yet!)

Dragonfire Glass

Nick

Kalorlo

Jelly 7, from Sunday. The jellyfish itself is GA Dragon's Eye. I had no idea what colour the Dragon's Eye was going to come out - could have done a more contrasting background, though I quite like this one. The bright streaks across it are because there are slight gaps between the lines of twistie on the back.

liquidglass

Lovely work, I particularly like Jelly 7, the  colours are really gorgeous.
Kevin

Barnacle Bay

Pat from Canvey

I love Jelly 6 from the top setand of course Jelly 7 is gorgeous. I think the bright streaks because of gaps add to the overall beauty.

Margram

Marg x  Etsy Flickr My blog

Kalorlo

Jelly v8: this is persimmon strike over the NS garnet that Sue sent me. I made an encased cane which works for the cap, but after applying the tentacle dots I realised that they were small enough that they'd just be using the outside of the cane, so I added little garnet dots over them and poked them down with my pick. It came out rather darker than I expected, but I think that's my fault for forgetting to change my strike segment back down after the dragon's eye...

The background is a twistie of clear encased in cobalt with blue exotic stripes.

Pat from Canvey