Main Menu

Jellyfish and other boro

Started by Kalorlo, August 20, 2013, 02:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liquidglass

I love the colour choices, esp 20 and 21. The green flambe on the back of 19 is fantastic.  :) :)

Kalorlo

I made some Christmas jellyfish  ;D

Jelly 22. This is Chinese white, Momka carmen red, and the backing is Momka sparkly green. I like the carmen red over white on the cap, but on its own in the tentacles it thins out too much. That's why there's such a gap between the upper and lower tentacles: the outer ones were all red and they don't show up enough. The sparkly green's transparent and not a super-saturated one - used like this, the sparkle I got looks more like airy glass. Not bad, just not blingy.

Jelly 23. I made cane with Chinese white encased in Momka cherry brandy for this. The tentacles are a mixture of that and pure white ones. I think the cane worked well. It's a pinker red than the carmen, though. The backing for this is Momka ivy green, which is an absolutely gorgeous colour, reasonably opaque.

Here they are side-by-side.

Pat from Canvey

Skyblue

Ive just read all the way through this post and the jellyfish are amazing Heather . Its fascinating watching how you are experimenting with the colours and backgrounds etc.. :)

Kalorlo

Jelly 24

I used two Momka striped shorts for this, applying them as twisties. The jellyfish is the blue/beige cane. I used the pink/clear one as the background, then put a stripe of cobalt behind it to make it show up better (had no idea before applying the pink how much was clear and whether any of it would strike). I had to adjust the photo colouring a bit in the top 2 pics - the pink-coral was showing up as bright red, which it really isn't in reality!

Cane

Anemone
This anemone cab was made with the blue/green Momka short and a small dot of blue exotic on the back.

Pat from Canvey

Beautiful jellyfish as always Heather, but I was more taken with the nail polish display  ;D ;D ;D

liquidglass

Fantastic Heather !! :)
I love using the striped, you can get some really lovely colour combinations

Kalorlo

Thank you!

LOL Pat! That's one of the magnetic polishes that do a mica-shift type of thing.  :D

hopejacare

Oh my I can't believe I have not come across this thread before. I absolutely love jellyfish.
I had a wee go making teeny ones on my hot head and just love it. These are stunning.......
Just so beautiful. Cheers Claire Xx

Dragonfire Glass

Kalorlo

Jelly 26 - Sasha's oil slick (not treated right I think, but hey) and Chinese white, with GA peacock frit on the cap and background, backed by Momka beige/brown short. A bit wibbly-shaped because I noticed a surface defect after the first time through the kiln, so removed that next time, but didn't sort the shape - I was just hanging on to it with pliers rather than puntying it up again.

Momka short - went pastel and checked when encased, but looks way more interesting on the back surface!

Jelly 28 with checks - Momka beige/brown short backed by GA dragon's eye frit. The in-hand pic has the best idea of what the background really looks like most of the time.

Jelly 27 - blue exotic and Chinese white, backed with Momka yellow/pearly green cane.

Obtainium gremlin - my first gremlin in boro. Need to add some colours with more contrast to my eye murrini - you can see the slight lines in very bright light like here, but otherwise it looks more like uniform misty teal. (And use black for the pupil - I just went with cobalt this time). I scummed up the back rather too. I should dilute my *obtainiums for these, I think! Wasn't intending it to be quite so opaque.

Harvest beads - NS silver bullet with GA dragon's eye frit. My first boro beads. I'm not sure I like making beads in boro - getting them into shape is very annoying (these are *not* the roundest...), and pendants are much more fun. They are very pretty, though.

Multi BHB - NS multi with GA dragon's eye frit. Swampy.

Rascal

They are lovely, the gremlin is really fun. My favourite is Jelly 27, the 'tenticles' look stunning the way they 'swirl' in the water. 

Kalorlo

Jelly 29 is NS silver seaweed and Chinese white, with dark orange backing.

I made dragon eye murrini and another gremlin (NS rootbeer body, over clear and encased. Silver bullet lips and eyelid, random end-of-pull vine twistie).

Pat from Canvey

Essex Girl

Love the jellyfish and the gremlin - I am also impressed by the paintwork on your fingernail ;)
Karen
x