Tell me about Pearl Plum Cherry!

Started by Allicat, June 10, 2012, 01:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allicat

Hi folks:

I came across some pics of beads made from Pearl Plum Cherry in the forum here, and fell in love. But I'm in the states, and apparently it's not available here. Hubby's family is all in the UK; if it's worth it I can probably ask them to hunt it down, purchase some for me and ship it over. But I want to be sure it's worth it (that it's not horribly shocky, the color remains consistent between batches, works with a Hothead torch).

Any advice would be appreciated!

Alli

squirsygirl

Sorry? - something available here and NOT in US?  Never - I need a lie down!  I never thought I would see the day! 

:D

Kirsty

BeeBeads

Blimey .. that must be a first!   ;)

We'd be lucky to get the choice that our friends in the US get!
All the new colours, loads of suppliers ...  ;D

I think the Pearl Plum Cherry was one of Christina's at Frit en Glas in the Netherlands.   But I can't see it on her site at the moment. You could try messaging her about it?  
Hope that helps, it's a lovely looking colour.

Bee x

Shirley

I bought a rod from Christina and haven't used it yet. I don't think it ever made it to her website as we bought it all up at the Flame Off!
Val Cox Frit - Thai and Bali Silver 

Miriam

The perl glass is made by Ornela, Czech glass.

I buy it in Germany at Ombos: http://www.ombos.net/shop/index.php?list=KAT12
groetjes Miriam

Blog | Website | Colorcharts | Glasss

Lush!

Great link, Miriam - those are lovely glasses.  ;D

www.lushlampwork.etsy.com

Blue Box Studio

Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

Allicat

Oh my gosh. I am SO jealous! That site has some gorgeous glass. See? You folks get stuff that we don't!

* sniffle* and no plum cherry pearl to be seen. Although, that apricot is pretty yummy...

Miriam

We don't get other stuff then you do. I live in the Netherlands. ;-)

Postage is about the same if I ordered in the Netherlands. Ordering in Germany is not as expensive as overseas and no extra costs like ransom money!!
groetjes Miriam

Blog | Website | Colorcharts | Glasss

Bubblebeads

wow what a lovely site I will have to have a closer look when I get a free minute or two :)

trollsmed

:) I use a lot of Ornela, actually mostly Ornela.... because I learnt this fun madness in Zelezny Brod!
Most of the pearl colours on the ornela colour chart are lead glass and COE is appr 115.  The chech work on air/propane torches, and I experience that the modern propane/oxygene torces are a bit tuff to that glass - the flame is too hot. The glass becomes very crispy and breaks easily.  So.. slow heating! 
I also have a chezh torch.  The lead glass melts fast like honey, and a few of them loose colour.

But when the glass works .. it truly is wonderful! Pure shining beauty. Heat very very careful, the glass is soft for a long long time..  and work outside flame. Do NOT anneal with the coe 104 glass - just wave it for a while in the flame, and put into the fiber blanket. And dont make too big beads.
:-)

GaysieMay

www.GaysieMay.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/gaysiemay

Sin

There is a useful link for you:
http://preciosa-ornela.com/glass-technical-glass-lampworking-rods
They do international and overseas shipping. I use Ornela a lot for my work (I'm Czech ;)). There are a few colours which don't work on oxygen torches but most of colours is O.K.