effetre dark red and garnet

Started by mel, August 20, 2012, 05:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mel

Looking at my glass stash, I have two colours that bug me. The first is effetre opaque dark red-never used it-looks like a very ordinary dull brown. Does it do anything wonderful?

I also have a transparent red, possibly effetre garnet . I used this the other day but the colour was washed out and uneven and I was singularly unimpressed as the rod looks quite lovely. Does it layer well with anything? Am I supposed to strike it?

Any suggestions appreciated.
Laughinglass Lampwork Beads

helbels

Most transparent reds are strikers, so if it came out streaky you probably didn't strike it enough to turn it uniformly red.

Can't help with the dark red that looks brown.... I'd say make a small test bead with it and see what it does.

Nicest reds in my opinion are CIM Sangre & CIM Maraschino, also Reichenbach Lipstick

k00m

I think VeeBee's Galaxy Bead tutorial can be done with Eff Dark Red.
- Kerra -

LilLizaJane

I thought the galaxy bead was with Effetre purple red.
I love dark red as a base for pale spots or scrolls, or as one layer of flower petals. It's just a lovely deep blood red colour.
maintaining eccentricity in the midst of madness
www.LilLizaJane.etsy.com.  (aka Beth)

Nicknack

Quote from: k00m on August 20, 2012, 06:27:54 PM
I think VeeBee's Galaxy Bead tutorial can be done with Eff Dark Red.

I tried it with red purple, like it said in the tutorial, and all I got was sludge.  Must be doing something wrong - I'll have to try again. PPP!

Nick