MONTHLY COLOUR CHALLENGE - MAY/JUNE 2012 WINNER NOW UP!!!

Started by Kaz, May 19, 2012, 10:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pandanimal

There are some amazing things in this thread. A really good challenge. Spexy, Have you thought of trying the trick I saw mentioned some where of putting it in the freezer for a bit and taking it out and breathing on it? It should acquire a layer of condensation that makes it look a little like it is etched and will give you an idea if you like it or not. I have never tried this myself, I just bung all the beads I'm not sure about into my tumbler and see what happens! lol

Soozintheshed

I found two rods among my stash, a rod of old stuff which I thought might be the 96 coe and one rod of 104 coe.

I made spacers out of the 96...

and encased the 104....

Although, I did make 24 beads and only 11 survived.  Not too pleased to say the least, would have made a great set  :)  So, I guess it isn't too keen on being encased.  I will be hanging onto them to check the rest don't crack.
Sooz     '(0,0)'

www.thebeadshed.co.uk
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/The-Bead-Shed

helbels

Loving the purples you got in the bottom set Sooz, fab.

I had another go - still getting poop but at least I got to use my new spiral tool!

004 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

(apologies if you've already seen these in the Gallery)

noora

What beautiful beads you're all making! I still haven't finished experimenting, but I want to show what I've made so far :) This is going to be a bit of a hog, sorry about that. There's just so much you can do with iris orange  ;D

The first photo shows cabs and a bead with frit. I guess this is why it is called "raku", the bead looks a bit like some raku fired ceramics. The dots are raku too and it's slightly reduced to bring out the luster.

Winding it up layer by layer into a spacer produces colours. For one of these beads I made a cane half black, half iris orange. The other is plan iris orange.

I also tried making murrini with iris orange, black and clear. I'm no good at making murrini and obviously even less good at applying it, but it did bring out some more colours.

In the last photo I tried a variation of the storming technique, which brings out a whole rainbow of colours.

Sorry about the bead release on some of the beads.

spexy

Quote from: helbels on June 06, 2012, 06:31:13 PM
Loving the purples you got in the bottom set Sooz, fab.

I had another go - still getting poop but at least I got to use my new spiral tool!

004 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

(apologies if you've already seen these in the Gallery)

These are gorgeous Helen.

Blue Box Studio

Perhaps I'll have another go with the frit, there's colour in that there glass  ::) (somewhere).
Sue
Website ~ Etsy ~ Blog ~ Flickr

lampworklover

It looks quite nice on CIM ginger, especially if you have a nice new spiral tool to play with, just like Helen's ;D

apologies for the poor pic, still trying to get to grips with new light tent.

helbels

Kalorlo

Helen, I love those.
Noora: the storm-variations are really cool!
Tina: ooh, you definitely got colours there  ;D

Sarah

Lovely beads ladies  :)

Sooz - I tried encasing but got nothing like your pastels - yours are lovely!

It's ages since I joined a challenge but I haven't played with raku so gave it a whirl. It's frit with silver leaf and uranium yellow.

Raku by Flame Force Five, on Flickr

Sarah
xxx

Lakelady

Been playing a bit with Raku and starting to get the results I wanted - apart from the errant air bubbles  ;)

103_6914 by quirkyatt, on Flickr
Turner Rowe Glass Art

SueP

Got something to show - the Raku is in the mosaic shards  ;D

027 by Blue Flame Beads, on Flickr

Magis Mosaic Focal by Blue Flame Beads, on Flickr

Madam Steph

Magpie

Ciel