MONTHLY COLOUR CHALLENGE - MAY/JUNE 2012 WINNER NOW UP!!!

Started by Kaz, May 19, 2012, 10:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noora

I rather like raku frit and its earthy base colour with dashes of other unexpected accents :) Maybe I'm just a bit odd but I keep looking for glass and frit colours that will end up looking a bit like rocks with moss or lichen, and raku is perfect for that! I love those lentils, Gaysie May, and your barrel, Lotti  :) That's just the kind of colours and textures I'm talking about!

I've been playing a bit myself too, photos will come once I've managed to do what I wanted to. The raku frit behaves more or less like I expect, I just keep having bad ideas and messing up the beads in other ways ::)

Lotti

Thanks Noora, I like the barrel too, might be a keeper, need something earthy.  It was over reichenbach dark silver brown which I have just rediscovered in my stash and been using ALOT! :)

Yellow friend

Thai orchid is one of my favourites - haven't used it for a while, must think up an excuse to use it again.  My current fave is CIM Stoneground.

Shelia
www.crocosmiajewellery.com
www.crocosmiajewellery.etsy.com

Kalorlo

I actually get better colours with the 104 rods than the 96 frit  ::)

The bead is a black base, 104 raku and clear stringer. The topper is black with two sizes of raku frit. The larger frit is going slightly to green and blue at the edges.

JaySpangles

Lotto i love your bead.  I'm glad this challenge runs into June, I'm off to my shed to get out my raku frit after seeing that one.

Amber

I am very raku challenged  :-\ I've pretty much accepted that I'll never get amazing colours out of it, so I just pretend it's supposed to come out beigy brown with the tiniest hint of colour and call it organic! This is just cobalt with two sizes of raku frit  :)

Amber

And I meant to say that I love ALL the beads in this thread...you've just got to love the way that there are so many different things you can do with just one colour  :)

spexy

There's too much too mention, but well done for so many getting colour out of Iris Orange. I especially like Linda's, Lottis, Gay's and Kat's reactions.

I combined it with a first time play with a big hole mandrel I bought at Flame Off. this is Iris Orange and Copper Green.

As you can see I managed to get some spots of colour on the edges but nothing consistant.

I've temporarily strung it one of Di's silk ribbons as the colours seem to match perfectly but I'm not sure if it is too much. I'm also wondering about etching it. What do you think?

Amber

It's definitely not too much and I love it as it is  ;D

Rachel B

This is just bog standard effetre black and iris orange frit. There are hints of blue/green but only tiny ones!

Melyor Focal Bead by Puffafish Lampwork, on Flickr

spexy

I've still been playing and produced these. The ones on the left are the latest ones and you can see they have more colour.

Purple Cobwebs

My first try with Raku frit. No hint of any purples though.

The first lot I did on white and ten encased in clear. The second I did on white and then reduced. I quite like the second set, but they are not what I expected!!!

Gaynor
Making beads, cards and jewellery to raise funds for Viva and Dr Hadwens Trust!
www.purplecobwebs.co.uk

Shirl

Heres my entry, frit BHB from me :)

Some gorgeous beads so far, loving the colours you can get from it :)

Shirl

Quote from: spexy on June 01, 2012, 06:36:44 PM
There's too much too mention, but well done for so many getting colour out of Iris Orange. I especially like Linda's, Lottis, Gay's and Kat's reactions.

I combined it with a first time play with a big hole mandrel I bought at Flame Off. this is Iris Orange and Copper Green.

As you can see I managed to get some spots of colour on the edges but nothing consistant.

I've temporarily strung it one of Di's silk ribbons as the colours seem to match perfectly but I'm not sure if it is too much. I'm also wondering about etching it. What do you think?

I think this is lovely as it is Spexy :)