gallery archive 12

Started by Madam Steph, January 01, 2012, 12:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spexy

My post seems to have dissappeared  :o if anyone finds it, please let me know so that I don't duplicate it.

Great start to the week, love the teal sparkle flowers Kaz.

Sapphire Flowers by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

Diamond Crystals by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

I did a PMC and Enamelling course at the weekend. I made this pendant and earrings, front and back shot

PMC Pendant and Earring Set by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

Reverse of PMC Pendant and Earring Set by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

and I had great fun playing with enamells on copper

Playing with enamels by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

I love the middle on which was an accident as I forgot it was in the kiln!

helbels

Wow, what a fab gallery already!  :o

Trudi – those magnets are lovely – really fab and fun.
Melty – that dichro is gorgeous – love rainbows!
Kaz – so pretty, just stunning.
Sarah – again, lovely colours, and again, very pretty.
Afina – really clever seahorses – admire anyone who can do good sculptural work!
Linda – all lovely but particularly like the PMC pendant and earrings.

I have some dotties:

IMG_0019 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

and have been playing with dot masking:

IMG_0024 by Alchemy Lampwork, on Flickr

Kalorlo

I made a Sabine-style rose! (For the Craft Pimp Flora challenge). This is Lauscha blueberry, all melted in a slight reducing flame so it has blue and green tinges. It looks a bit less sepia in daylight. It's also got the brilliant gold dust that Martin was giving away - I was very confused for a bit, because I thought I'd put silver mica powder on it and it's very gold in a couple of places where it collected (and the excess didn't come off). But no, it was a different dish of glittery powder :)

I am *only* showing this first bead so you can look near the ends :p
This is Lauscha silver crystal over deer brown (aka rose tea/amber maple). I forgot how to work the silver crystal and way over-reduced it, hence the black and beige streaks in the middle. But the edges look nice and I'll make some proper beads with this combination another day!

Sue very kindly sent me some limited CiMs to try as silver glass bases. These are all silver crystal, reduced hot but not for too long (as in, let the bead glow when you're reducing it) then cooled and encased in Lauscha 100 clear.

Bases: Hades and Auburn.

Bases: Emerald City and Obsidian.
(For the right obsidian bead, I think I had reduction already on the end of the rod when I started, which is why it has more than the others).

I'm planning to try it on some other transparent greens too.

November mini mo big blue twisty bead  ;D

Les

Oh Kaz ! Those teal beads are positively glowing !!!! Beautiful ! Beautiful work from everyone so far this week :)

Here are a couple from me ...

IMG_1259 by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

IMG_1252 by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

:)

JKC

Loads of lovely beads.  Here are the first 2 cabinet knobs I've made for my kitchen ono 30 more to go, planning to make each one with different things inside.

DSCN0387 by jntcasey, on Flickr

DSCN0383 by jntcasey, on Flickr

DSCN0364 by jntcasey, on Flickr

spexy

Oooh luv a duck (sorry couldn't resist). They're great.

Had an early start this morning, wide awake at 4am  :o so decided to get up and get those beads out of my head

Big Wheel Bead in Tourquoise and Red by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

Tourquoise and red orphans by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

I added to these were from my stash to make a nice splash of colour.

Les

Just a quick post before bedtime :)

Here is the same bead, front and back ..

IMG_1285-001 by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

IMG_1286 by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

And another Christmas cat :)

IMG_1292 by Mad Cat Glass, on Flickr

:)

flowerjasper

lovely work, that wheel is brilliant,
am in two minds about these  :-\

batik 006 by Flowerjasper1, on Flickr
have got a few others in the kiln using a different base glass,

MadelineBunyan

oooh I get to Start! ;D

I've got some work in a Christmas Art Fayre this week, so I thought it was time I made some Robins!

Robin Earrings by madelinebunyan, on Flickr

so what have you all been making then?

Lotti

Do so love your robins Madeline. :)

I have been playing with paperweights again and managed to give myself a frozen shoulder doing it (got all tense and possibly a bit cold out there doing them, but I just love the vortex ones).  Inspiration for these, Sherry Bellamy's tut for the implosion one and the Flow magazine for the vortex.   Sadly will be off making more this week until this shoulder gets better  :o ::) ;D

Sorry for the hog :)

Kaz

She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

spexy

Lovely Kaz.

Another big wheel bead from me. I think I'm getting better at them.

Purple and green big hole bead by Earthshine Lampwork Bead and Jewellery Design, on Flickr

helenfc

It seems like ages since I posted in here! Gorgeous work everyone - Madeline those Robins are beautiful, I love them! And Kaz gorgeous beadies :)

I have been silver coring blown hollows - a little Christmas commission and some extras...

Hollows by helenfchalmers, on Flickr

Silver Wildflowers by helenfchalmers, on Flickr

Silver Rose by helenfchalmers, on Flickr

xxx

Dee Dee

Beautiful robins Madeline!
Great paperweights Lotti, I love the vortex one particularly!
Lots of lovelies, Kaz, my fave is the teal sparkly one - fab!
Absolutely brilliant Linda - must take ages!
Coming along nicely Niki, the dimples in the black one are great and I love the bubbly teal ones too! Did you use baking soda?
Fabulous Helen, I love the ones with the flowers in - what a great idea! ;D

Felt the urge to make some hearts again... and a matching earring pair....

BLACK HEART - Lampwork Heart Pendant Focal Bead by Beads by Stephanie, on Flickr

Turquoise and Blues Hearts and Flowers Lampwork Heart Focal Pendant Bead by Beads by Stephanie, on Flickr

Marbled Turquoises and Denim Blues Lampwork Earring Pair by Beads by Stephanie, on Flickr

Kalorlo

Stephanie, those are all fabulous!
Niki: yup, I like the bubbly ones and the fiery black and orange one too  ;D

I have some shards I made a while back from twistie ends that I'm still trying to work out how to use effectively. They're ok here, I think - they just tend to look prettier when still shards!

I made another pair of gremlins (these are new eye murrini). The bigger one is Thuringen salmon with StrikingColor LGFS shards.

"You put your right foot in..."