MARCH 2011 - THEME OF THE MONTH CHALLENGE... WINNER NOW UP !!!

Started by Kaz, March 07, 2011, 10:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

Sorry I have been late in posting these again!
As usual there will be a £20 gift voucher prize - sponsored by FH! and Tuffnells.
This is not a judged competition - the winner will be chosen by a random number generator - so please post your entries whatever level you are at.

March's theme: Colour Reactions!!!
Hope this inspires you!
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CATCH THIS MONTH IS THAT YOU HAVE TO TELL AS WELL AS SHOW - OTHERWISE YOU WON'T BE INCLUDED IN THE PRIZE DRAW!!!

Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

flowerjasper

i  will start off, dirty martin, edp and turquoise,

just love reactions, will be posting more later  ;D
sandy

flowerjasper

jolenes twisties, opal yellow,edp , intense black ( i think!) on a base of opal yellow and encased,

sandy

helenfc

Thats a really pretty reaction Sandy!

Tribeca by helenfchalmers, on Flickr

These are effetre purple, with dots of edp melted in with opal yellow, periwinkle, vetro tangerine sparkle and cim mermaid dots :)

Alison G

NB. Do not touch hot rods of glass, it is stupid.

MadelineBunyan

oooh...out comes the copper green methinks!

lovely beads so far!

♥♥Tan♥♥

Kaz

I'm excited about opening my kiln in the morning. I discovered a really old batch of rubino oro which was so pale it was almost clear, but when struck it looked like a really deep cerise/magenta and I am really hoping that the beads will come out of the kiln as bright pink as they went in!!!
Kazx
She's made of real glass. She got real real emotion. But my heart laughs I have that same sweet devotion!

noora

Now I have no choice but to go and light the torch ;D And it's so helpful with the "tell" as well as show, for the shopping list I'm making  ;)

Lovely beads so far, especially the twistie beads! I love those colours :D

Shirl

Looking forward to this one....thanks Kaz

noora

After some tips in another thread I decided to play around with effetre copper green and rubino oro. The copper green gets some lovely dark green stripes. Not the prettiest beads in a technical sense but I like the colour reactions.

I also tried the combination copper green + dark ivory:

MadelineBunyan

mmm...I love both of those colour combinations! some cool stuff happening in the rubino ones! that bit with the bubble makes me want to make a CG and RO striped murrini! but I probably will forget, and I think I'm down to my last bit of CG unless I find some hiding under something else *crosses fingers*

funnily enough, before Les posted her Turquoise over ivory ones, I'd been making some too, thinking it was time that colour combo came out of hiding again! haven't photographed yet though.

Kalorlo

I love those rubino and copper green ones!

I've been doing some test beads:

Copper green on Lauscha olive and violet, and red copper green on dark teal (aka steel blue). The red's obviously darker and I used very fine stringer for that so it doesn't show up so well, but it does the same kind of thing. My copper green's a batch that tends to go red in places on its own, so that's why we have some of that showing up.

Shirl

I was playing with black, ivory and turq....but it came out way too dark!

I will have another go this weekend.

There are some great reactions on here so far and I am inspired to experiment :)

The copper green looks good, I think that might have to be on my next order!