MARCH 2011 - THEME OF THE MONTH CHALLENGE... WINNER NOW UP !!!

Started by Kaz, March 07, 2011, 10:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helbels

Ok I'm not expert on colour reactions, so these aren't the most exciting in the world.

Here we have ivory base, with dots of copper green, then cranberry pink, then Grape Ape on the top... oh and there's some opal yellow in there too but that didn't do anything very reactive:

The reactions were so strong they kind of moved the dots around, as some of the glass got sucked in towards the middle. Which was kind of annoying as it makes my dots look wonky, whereas they weren't when I made them, honest!

Lotti

It's not all 3 of these, but it's the best picture I have of my encased flower bead with bubbles.  I didn't expect this but the yellow ochre (I am officially in love with this colour now) has developed black edges and sort of a graduated colouring. The yellow petals (if you can call them petals) are on a base of white over periwinkle.   Not sure if this qualifies as colour reactions though?

Shirl

I tried a gravity swirl bead with a white base and DH triton stripes.

It looked quite a nice colour, but as soon as it touched the marver the white went brown :o :o i really didnt expect that to happen.

It's a shame its a poo colour as I quite like the shape ;D

Shirl

OMG.....that picture is just huge! I was sure I resized it.

I am trying to re size it frantically ::) I hope it works

Kalorlo

Shirl: Looks like your white fumed! I actually really like that - golden brown goes well with green  ;D

Cocoa and copper green, to go with the others.

Left is a base of CiM pale plum unique-3 with dots of Lauscha olive, opal yellow and Lauscha violet. The plum makes separation lines. Then I put pulsar dots on the intersections.
Right bead had a lack of reaction... the lines are hades and I superheated them, but they completely refused to web. (I'll recheck that it was definitely hades, but the stringers were in the jar that only hades goes in...) Base is latte macchiato - it's pinker round the centre and yellower at the ends. The little dots are mermaid and have darker centres. One encased psyche murrini and one of my raku carrot murrini - both got really good colour.

Magpie

Quote from: Lotti on March 16, 2011, 05:28:28 PM
I didn't expect this but the yellow ochre has developed black edges and sort of a graduated colouring.

I've decided that yellow is just a variation on ivory (bit darker and brighter than dark ivory) as it seems to react with the colours that ivory reacts with. Green and yellow twistie is a definite no no, the reaction took over everything! Spots are not too bad.....

Fish by HelenPetersBeads, on Flickr

noora

Shirl

Quote from: noora on March 25, 2011, 10:42:05 AM
Shirl, I like that colour!  :)

Do you?
I guess we all have different tastes.....good thing too ;D ;D

noora

Quote from: Shirl on March 25, 2011, 11:57:37 AM
Quote from: noora on March 25, 2011, 10:42:05 AM
Shirl, I like that colour!  :)

Do you?
I guess we all have different tastes.....good thing too ;D ;D

To me it looks like a nice organic wood or sandstone colour :) Goes well with the green hues in the Triton. I would perhaps not use it on its own, but the combination looks nice.

flowerjasper

mystic green and cim poi,

copper green and rubino,

sandy

DeanWilson

Just remembered the main bead in this bracelet! It's Dark Reichenbach with ivory dots! Reacted really well with a nice line ;D

DSC00446 by DeanWilson, on Flickr

OH and there's the two matching dotties on this one too- not great but hey it's a reaction :P

DSC00447 by DeanWilson, on Flickr

SilverGems89

I'd forgotten all about this months challenge, and it's one of my favourites!
These are some old favourites

Big Hole Beads by SilverGems89, on Flickr
Rubino on opal yellow, turquoise and one of the effet. purples i forget which one but either new violet or 272 purple

Les

There are some lovely beads in this month's challenge :)

Hope this one is OK to include .. it's an old bead, but I like the reaction ... it's less of a colour reaction though, and more of a metals reaction .... I love the way that the flower petals have developed these lines ... white flower dots over silver leaf and enamels ..

Princess Peggy (Priscilla McGirr)

Here's what happens when you do clear dots over reduced silver glass.  Pris

Dark windows by Princess Peggy1, on Flickr

Pris
My Website http://www.dancingwithglass.co.uk  My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/princesspeggy01
My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DancingwithglassLampwork

fionaess

If it's got a hole, it's a bead !