Question about gas for the HotHead

Started by purplerhian, January 04, 2007, 04:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplerhian

I feel honoured to ask the first silly newbie question!!  ;D

OK So, I am off to B&Q in a tick to get gas for my torch which arrived yesterday  :D :D :D.  I know I need to get MAPP gas, but is it that straightforward, will I walk in to B&Q, and find it's obvious what I am after?  Are there different sizes, connectors etc?  I'm worried I wont know what to get, and will end up with the wrong thing!!

Thanking you muchly!

Billie

I'm on a HH but got a kit from Tuffnells so I could run it off bulk gas so I wasn't shelling out for mapp all the time.  Doesn't answre your question though, does it?!  Sorry  :)

Caroline

it comes in a yellow bottle, it'll be with the welding torches and gas

purplerhian

Caroline

purplerhian

Okey Dokey, Yellow Bottle. ?I knew vaguely where I was going as I use a blow torch from B&Q for soldering, but I can't recall ever seeing MAPP gas.

Cheers Caroline ?:)

Caroline

handmadeheaven.biz

Quote from: Caroline on January 04, 2007, 04:10:22 PM
good luck ;D, i hate B&Q
it's run by monkeys. not even trained ones at that! no-one i've ever seen working there seems to enjoy their job!

annasjewellerybox

yeah it's really easy, the yellow one, and it says MAPP on it, and there sould only be one size!!

:)

ooooo, i'm going bulk soon, i cannot wait!

Caroline

bulk opens a whole new world Anna, no worring about gas running out

Steph, i know what you mean :)

purplerhian

Quote from: annasjewellerybox on January 04, 2007, 04:13:26 PM
yeah it's really easy, the yellow one, and it says MAPP on it, and there sould only be one size!!

:)

ooooo, i'm going bulk soon, i cannot wait!

Reckon I can manage that then, thanks!

Les

If you struggle at B&Q, then most plumbers merchants will also stock MAPP canisters... although I can't vouch for their professionalism when dealing with us women... LOL... they do have a habit of thinking we know nowt.... LOL

Let's show 'em eh ? ;)
Les xx

annasjewellerybox

hehe, i'm sure you will,

i like to strut in,

past all the men ponderng what to get,

pick up enough bottles to cause alarm,

and then strutt out

(well obviously i have to stop to pay for them!)

Caroline

thats what i used to do as well

the BF kept the car running too for a quick gettaway (after paying of course)

purplerhian

Ha, yeah, I have had a few incidents where I have been treated like I have half a brain in B&Q. ?The men there assume when me and my husbang go in to buy stuff it is only him that will be using it which isn't necessarily the case in our house. ?I remember one man selling us boarding for the loft, looking at Graham and saying, "This'll keep the little lady busy wont it". ?I gave him such an evil look, his voice went all funny and he went, "oh, s-sorry madam!".