Question about gas for the HotHead

Started by purplerhian, January 04, 2007, 04:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caroline

it's the same in most shops, i remember looking for a digital camera and the bloke in the shop was telling the BF all the functions on it

BF was looking blank, he didn't have a clue what the bloke was saying, when he finished i told him i'd buy it off the internet cheaper, at least then i wouldn't be treated like a half whit!!!

The look on his face was priceless ;D

handmadeheaven.biz

nice one Caroline! I'm sure we've all had similar treatment like when I took MY car in for an MOT & went to pick it up & the guy was talking to my bro instead of me, even though I was the one asking the questions. Humph!

purplerhian

That sounds about right.  Until the 16th Jan I am an IT Manager, and the nasty external IT bods who we have to entertain always walk past me and start talking to Dan who I manage, assuming he's in charge cos he's male.  Dan's wicked though, he'll always say,"You'll have to ask my boss" and pass them over to me for a nice apology before I help them!

purplerhian

...oh and back on subject i meant to say, got the gas, made a beady thing, I like to call it a blob on a stick, in fact there is 2.  They are sitting in vermiculite.  Before I do anymore, I think I am going to read through my books again!  :)

Bee

What gas do you use with the bulk kit? Just propane?

What do people reckon to the HH in general? I was taught on a Bobcat (with seperate O2/ Propane tanks) and was told I'd hate the HH. Only prob. is storage for the gas and budget are forcing me to look at the HH.  ???

HELP!!

Caroline

HH is a good starter torch, i love mine

annasjewellerybox

yeah, with the bulk kit you just use propane,

i love my HH,

yes it's noisy, i'm still using mapp at the moment and the pressure drops, and i only have 45mins of beading time at a time,

however it melts glass and i can afford it

:)

Bee

Wow!

Thanks for such quick answers!

I think I might go ahead and get a HH. Just got to decide who to get it from now...  :o

Another quick question... Actually, I'll start a new topic for it...

Billie

I was taught on a minor burner but have to bead in the kitchen.  I used a HH on bulk propane and I can't say I notice the 'slowness' I was warned about.  I love it. 

Billie

If you're interested in setting it up for bulk fuel I got the whole kit from Martin at Tufnells.  EVerything was put together.  I just had to insert hook one end up to the propane tank and the other to the torch.  The gauge and flashback arrestor were already fitted so it was really simple.

Bee

That's great, thanks.

I'll email Martin in the next couple of days.

xtweeksx

Quote from: handmadeheaven.biz on January 04, 2007, 04:11:28 PM
Quote from: Caroline on January 04, 2007, 04:10:22 PM
good luck ;D, i hate B&Q
it's run by monkeys. not even trained ones at that! no-one i've ever seen working there seems to enjoy their job!

>coughs loudly< hehe ;D I used to work at Bristols first B & Q tripod store.....it was a brilliant job and we had some great laughs (back in the early eighties). It certainly has changed..... and I now avoid it like the plague!

Jenx

jaz

I quite often had a problem getting Mapp gas from B&Q but could always get if from Halfords (but dearer) and eventually ordered it online from Screwfix. Order six cans and delivery is free.

Helen

purplerhian

OK - thanks for that - actually we have an actual screwfix shop where I live so I may have to check out their pricing.

purplerhian

cor, ?1.50 cheaper per can - shall be buying it from there from now on!  thanks Helen!