Frit-Happens !
December 09, 2019, 03:20:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
your ad here
News:
Where are you?? Add yourself to the NEW FHF map here  | On flickr? Join our Frit Happens group: here

VISIT THE WIKI HERE
Get FH Status updates via twitter @FritHappens

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Glass Chemistry  (Read 21577 times)
Pegasus
Forum Member

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2010, 03:50:07 PM »

Thanks!!!  Grin

JewelsK
New Forum Member

Bring me sunshine...

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2010, 05:14:25 PM »

Geektastic and fascinating stuff there - thanks :-D
beadysam
BeadySamGlass.Com
Forum Member

I type before I think....

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 05:45:29 PM »

Wow Sal......you ever thought of writing a proper book?

Yeah - but Joan beat me to it! LOL Only kidding  Wink . Well, I started writing a book a few years ago but it got to over 200 pages. I dont' write very concisely so I have to force myself to rein in a little. Then I made some DVDs and then loads of people came out with various e-tuts and so on so the book project got a bit shelved. Would like to revisit it sometime but never quite found the time......

Glad it's helped a few people.

SAL:
I refuse to buy e-tutes but I'm a book-a-holic, and you know I've wanted you to do a book for years! Grin  And I want one of the first signed copies please Wink  There is nothing like flicking through a beautiful book with lots of drooly pics and text that makes you smile, while sipping a cuppa with your feet up.  My idea of heaven!  If my house burned down, books would be what I missed most.

I also think it would be worth you jotting down your trials and tribulations you've gone through in the process of setting up the shop, it would make a fab book or series in a mag!  You have a clear way of writing, you simplify things without dumbing down, and yet you inject humour too.  A geeky glass book, somewhere between idiots guide and scientific text book would be fab!

Redhotsal
Fine Lampwork beads by Sally Carver
Forum Member

Pound Shop Queen

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2010, 06:18:04 PM »

I also think it would be worth you jotting down your trials and tribulations you've gone through in the process of setting up the shop, it would make a fab book or series in a mag! 

Heh - Carvers "How Not To....." Series..!  Wink

TracyJayne
Forum Member

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2010, 03:03:33 PM »

That was an interesting post, thank you, one of those 'oh yeah' moments, when things just click into place!   Grin
flaming beads
Forum Member

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2010, 02:51:03 AM »

Really interesting stuff here...thankyou Smiley
Kilo Lemur Beads
New Forum Member

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 12:22:35 PM »

wow! thank you Sal! I'm six weeks in to my Journey of Glass, got a mass of glass and I am only just figuring out all of it's potential. Thank you very much. I shall go play now  Grin x

LilLizaJane
Forum Member

Only slightly scorched so far ...

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 05:34:44 PM »

I'm a newbie too (this is my first post!) - and you made it all so easy to understand, so thanks! Now all I have to do is put it correctly into practice ...!

maintaining eccentricity in the midst of madness
www.LilLizaJane.etsy.com.  (aka Beth)
CindiDee
Forum Member

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2011, 02:58:50 AM »

Thanks Sal - very informative post!
Vikkijayne
New Forum Member

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2011, 05:35:20 PM »

Great post  Grin Grin Grin

tomcat
While the rest of the species is decended from apes redheads are decended from cats
Forum Member

The tom of three cats

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2011, 01:30:12 PM »

and I thougth I was just going to play with glass and make a few beads and see what i got. Now i have to study alchemy, anyone got an alembic? Grin

But seriously folks, great thread with lots of info in easily understood text, no mean feat given the subject matter, well done Sal and others. it helps me to understand what it going on and why when I apply lots of heat to coloured glass !

Mark - Blog - http://beadsbeerandphotos.blogspot.co.uk/
Life is not a game - its THE game, so play it like you mean it
A Long time ago in Egypt cats were worshipped as Gods, cats have not forgotten this !
RSimmons
Forum Member

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2011, 12:49:18 PM »

There is an article on flame/surface interactions and art glass in Microscopy Today from Sept 1020.  Got to the URL below, open the Archive and look for issue volume 18, issue 05. There is a similar article in The Glass Bead from this past winter.

http://www.microscopy-today.com/index.jsf

Robert

Robert Simmons
Bead Donations Director
Beads of Courage, Inc.
Dragonfire Glass
Forum Member

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2011, 01:22:47 PM »

I think this was mentioned at the time - the article looks very familiar  Smiley

RSimmons
Forum Member

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2011, 08:51:08 AM »

Well, I guess it's good to know that the article made it this far and didn't sink like a stone.  Smiley I'm working on another involving mists generated from cold working processes.

Robert

Robert Simmons
Bead Donations Director
Beads of Courage, Inc.
garishglobes
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2011, 01:25:33 PM »

I'm working on another involving mists generated from cold working processes
Sounds like a November morning in the Lakes.    Grin Grin   

But also very interesting  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print