ventilation help

Started by ventilation, March 08, 2010, 06:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ventilation

Hello all you 'fritters'!!

i have been encouraged to join your forum by several of your members, the reason being i have supplied them with ventilation systems for their work stations. So i am here to answer all your questions in relation to ventilation. So any queires or questions you have please direct them my way and i will do my best to answer them for you, and no doubt you will probably teach me something about glass along the way.

best regards

Steve

Dragonfire Glass

what sort of ventilation systems have you provided?

SilverGems89

I already have an extractor fan i just dont know at what height it should be above the torch?

helbels

I see from Steve's profile that he comes from progrow.co.uk, so I am guessing he has supplied lots of people with Airforce Tornado series fans (I have an Airforce Tornado 100 myself from Steve's emporium!)

sparrow

Hi Steve and welcome :) I'm another happy customer:

Professionals will probably faint at the connection bits, but it's doing a great job!  ;D
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

ventilation

Quote from: Failariel on March 08, 2010, 06:44:04 PM
what sort of ventilation systems have you provided?

mainly acoustic fans by a company called airforce who have unfortuately gone belly up, we do however have replacements, here is our website http://www.progrow.co.uk/acatalog/fans-filters-ducting.html

ventilation

Quote from: SilverGems89 on March 08, 2010, 06:49:22 PM
I already have an extractor fan i just dont know at what height it should be above the torch?

hi silvergem, the bottom line is it should be as close as possible so as not to interfere with your work, ideally you would have some type of hood above your working area that will 'catch the fumes...

ventilation

Quote from: sparrow on March 08, 2010, 07:06:13 PM
Hi Steve and welcome :) I'm another happy customer:

Professionals will probably faint at the connection bits, but it's doing a great job!  ;D

thats good to know, and to be honest looks incredibly well put together!! compared to some things i see.....

ventilation

Quote from: helbels on March 08, 2010, 07:03:01 PM
I see from Steve's profile that he comes from progrow.co.uk, so I am guessing he has supplied lots of people with Airforce Tornado series fans (I have an Airforce Tornado 100 myself from Steve's emporium!)

hi there, im glad its working well for you, and you are right we have quite a few happy customers from here...

helbels

"thats good to know, and to be honest looks incredibly well put together!! compared to some things i see....."

Are you sure that's not just because Beaders are probably smoking less intoxicating substances than your other customers Steve  ;D ;D ;D

sparrow

Lol! I got great support from you guys, it was really helpful when I had to deal with builders etc. (bearing in mind I had to get them to drill a rather large hole through a rather thick wall, I did want to get it right!)
Sabine x

www.littlecastledesigns.co.uk www.facebook.com/littlecastledesigns Ring Top Tutorial

sea-thistle

Hi  !! I'm sure that's where my husband got our hydroponics from. :)

June

That studio looks incredibly tidy, Sabine  ;D ;D

Krysia@No98

Hello Steve,

I have a fabulous fan from you guys.  The Airforce Tornado 100.  You were very helpful and wonderfully quick with the delivery.  My set up doesn't look as tidy as Sabine's but it is anchored down well.

Thank you
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

helenfc

think it was you i spoke to last week steve when my fan was getting sent out...i answered the phone mid-bead and you were like 'oh i know that noise, youre melting glass right now!'
welcome to fh, couldnt believe the psychic hothead detection abilities  ;D love the fan too :)