ventilation help

Started by ventilation, March 08, 2010, 06:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sea-thistle

Krysia@No98

ha ha ha, I am going to have to share that one  ;D

Yeah ventilation was the worst bit for me too.  Thank god it's done!
-* -  Courage is going from failure to failure with out loosing enthusiasm -*-

Pandanimal

My ventilation sucked up an entire saucer of frit yesterday.
I haven't got it set up properly yet as Hubbie is doing the DIY for my studio in his normal SLOW way.
So the end sucky bit is propped on top of a flower pot behind my torch. When I turned it on the pipe contracted and pulled it onto my bench and it gobbled up my frit I had placed ready to use.
At least I know it sucks!

beadysam

Quote from: Pandanimal on May 19, 2010, 02:17:51 PM
I haven't got it set up properly yet as Hubbie is doing the DIY for my studio in his normal SLOW way.
So the end sucky bit is propped on top of a flower pot behind my torch. When I turned it on the pipe contracted and pulled it onto my bench and it gobbled up my frit I had placed ready to use.

Brilliant!  That made me chuckle.  If its anything I stock I'll send you some more if you let me know - its worth it for the visual picture of all the frit rattling around the fan and raining out the other end, never mind the look on your face! ;D :-*

Pandanimal

You should of seen the air turning blue around me!
It was some of your frit it got, "smoke on the water" but I have plenty left so don't worry. I was just thinking of you tonight, Sam actually.
You know those little plastic pots with screw on lids that you sent me some samples in once?
Do you ever sell those empty? cause I just this evening drilled holes in the lid of one to see if it works as a salt shaker for enamel powder. I will give it a go tomorrow and if it works I will be in the market for maybe 20 or so of them. so long as they don't cost the earth.
I'd like to see my evil ventilation trying to suck frit out of a little pot!

beadysam

Ooh, I've just seen this reply.  Yes I've got loads of those small tubes.  I keep meaning to do the enamel thing but haven't got around to it yet.  Let me know if it works, and if you decide you need some and we'll sort something out. ;)

yolawoz

Hi there & A question for sparrow...
Looking at your fab-o set up I can see from your picture you have an interesting looking leaning/tilting stainless steal holder/s that are in front and off to the side of your torch....

May I ask, where did you get it?

8)

Krysia@No98

Meagan Lily

Hi Steve,

a question for you, is it possible to rotate the fan housing of the Airforce tornado af 100 fans through 90 degrees i.e. so that the motor is running in the vertical plane?

Thanks

Joy

Meagan Lily

Okay Steve, I have just been to your site and ordered a fan, it may have instructions which tell me if I can rotate it, it's not crucial but would be helpful if we can

catriona

Can any one tell me if this is all i need to set up please http://www.progrow.co.uk/acatalog/info_3244.html   http://www.progrow.co.uk/acatalog/ducting-clips-tape.html#a1762       i,m going to order the hose and clip off this page .i,m either going to take it out window or through ceiling into loft do you think that would be ok .xxcatxx

Krysia@No98

how big is the room that you are going to put it in?

catriona

approx 10ft by 8ft old money .xxcatxx

ventilation

Quote from: Meagan Lily on June 24, 2010, 07:45:07 PM
Hi Steve,

a question for you, is it possible to rotate the fan housing of the Airforce tornado af 100 fans through 90 degrees i.e. so that the motor is running in the vertical plane?

Thanks

Joy

soory for such a late reply and yes you can position the fan as suits you....

♥♥Tan♥♥

Quote from: beadysam on May 19, 2010, 03:39:56 PM
Quote from: Pandanimal on May 19, 2010, 02:17:51 PM

Brilliant!  That made me chuckle.  If its anything I stock I'll send you some more if you let me know - its worth it for the visual picture of all the frit rattling around the fan and raining out the other end, never mind the look on your face! ;D :-*

That is bloody good ventilation!!!