finished jewellery 2010

Started by mizgeorge, January 22, 2010, 11:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SueP

I do enjoy making bracelets - hope you like these  ;D

Princess Peggy (Priscilla McGirr)

I'm calling this one Cinderella because I wasnt quite sure whether the posh crystals would go with the earthy ivory and silver glass, but I think it's worked, and just a hint of glass slippers, would you say?

PB070033 by Princess Peggy1, on Flickr

Pris
My Website http://www.dancingwithglass.co.uk  My Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/princesspeggy01
My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DancingwithglassLampwork

Fruddy

And I know its basic.... but I have spent tonight trying to get my head around tiger tail wire, jump rings and crimps.... after watching some YouTube videos....

And this is the result!

My own beads are a bit wonky for a set, size wise, but I am pretty pleased with it, all the same.

I have never made any jewellery before.

Opinions would be most welcome! :)

Fruddy

I used that set of "Embers" beads that I posted on the Gallery last week.

Sadly I made it slightly too big for my scrawny wrists, but my daughter has her eye on it!! ;D

The lighting isn't that good either in the shed!

Kalorlo

I was rushing about getting these ready for Halloween. I made the blue hollow necklace to wear to the Big Bead Show - something of a rush job and I think I'll remake it because I don't like how it hangs. The clasp also tends to slide round to the side. I think I'll ream it out a bit more and put it on 2mm leather instead. Or else knot some beads on the sides. (It's a perennial problem - I keep making beads on 2mm mandrels and wanting to put them on 2mm cord, and they don't fit by default. Should possibly go up a mandrel size but I really like the 2mm ones!). The swan neck clasp is currently on the other necklace as I only made one  ;D

And... PUMPKINS! I love this necklace - it's comfy and hangs well and I usually never wear orange but this cheers me up.

The pumpkins are CiM creamsicle and the big one is hollow. The small opaque lighter orange beads are pastel yellow (only got 1 rod of creamsicle), the other spacers are CiM clockwork and transparent dark grass green. I do love the CiM oranges.

There's a slight oddity at the back because I was sleepy and snipped the cord in the wrong place, so I had to add an emergency bit. Dangers of jewellery-making without much sleep! I should restring it, really, but the chances of doing that in the near future are rather low...

People keep telling me this necklace is Christmassy, so I think I'm going to declare them Christmas pumpkins and wear it then too  ;D

Nikki

mel

Well, this is their first public airing other than me wearing them for a few days as I like them so much. I've only really made earrings using headpins etc til now. Really wanted to start using silver, but wasnt sure where to start so went along to Lilian Busch, a local silver/gold/pearl contemporary jeweller whose work I really love. She gave me a swift run over the simplest of tools such as wire types/hammer/stake and the best advice which was....with wire, it's only your imagination that will set the limit...

Ordered some stuff, and came up with these with the help from my DH. The beads look the same in daylight, but one has fumed a bit more from the Triton dots which is more exagerated in the lighting in the picture. They move beautifully when you wear them! Reckon I might make a few more and eventually put on my website.

Enough blether, I could blether for Britain ;D
Hope you like.

Lampwork and silver drops by melanie.ingledew, on Flickr
Laughinglass Lampwork Beads

mizgeorge

Another of Julie HB's gorgeous cabochons. This time in a guitar pick shape pendant, with just a little touch of 18k gold to go with the amazing colours in the lampwork. 

oxidised (but just a bit!) by mizgeorge, on Flickr

mizgeorge

I got a couple of delicious little birdies from Sam (blackheart beads) at the GBUK AGM, and couldn't resist putting one in a cage. Sorry birdie (not sure why, but I think he's called Albert).

birdcage by mizgeorge, on Flickr

Lilley

Here are three recently finished necklaces from me

transparent green necklace by Lilley Glass Designs, on Flickr

black and white swirls by Lilley Glass Designs, on Flickr

copper green and ink blue with silvered ivory wraps by Lilley Glass Designs, on Flickr

The first two I've made with the course I'm doing at the moment in mind.
Thanks for looking  :)
Glass - lampworked, blown, kilncast or fused and slumped, it's all good!

mirri marie

Two necklaces from me using beautiful hollows from Ray Skene, Sublimekate has matched up the discs and spacers, I'm really happy with these. The purple/blue one is for me  :) Yay.

Passionatelamper

Hi Guys,

Been hard at it Mojo went awol but it seems to be back I have been lamping for 4 months now and getting better the perfectionist in me gets annoyed when the glass won't go where I want it to :) and the holes seem to want to be in another place other than cenre but apart from that I am getting ok I did use some Helix 2 the other night to find it turned out just one colour I wonder what I did wrong? I was expecting loads of lights.
Anyway must dash as going to teach a workshop for Christmas cards but thought I would let you see my latest work
Have a great day guys.
bye for now xxx

2010_1020Lampworkjewellery0005 by vonnie.t, on Flickr

etsy-header-dec12 by vonnie.t, on Flickr

Passionatelamper

here are the beads I made last night
I could not resist putting it together this morning so now I am late   ::)
I must fly......
2010_1025november25th0005 by vonnie.t, on Flickr

etsy-header-dec12 by vonnie.t, on Flickr

mizgeorge

I know, I seem to show nothing but rings at the moment. I do love making them though ;)

Someone will know who this is for, but I'm not telling ;)

butterflyring1 by mizgeorge, on Flickr

Almost impossible to capture boro loveliness in artificial light - and it's a whopper too - the finished ring is about 1" across.

mizgeorge

I got my hands on some of Julie's fabulous discs, and have been experimenting with a different way to use them.

After a couple of not great attempts, here's one I'm happy with :)

disc-o-pendant4 by mizgeorge, on Flickr